Civilization List

#1: I would go for Numenor I think. It is more commonly used (but I have no problem with the other one).

#2: Okay I will cave and go with one shadow civ. I like the colony idea also a lot, so maybe a combination of that with the leaderhead switching would be good in some way. I would then definetly not start with Sauron because I think it will be difficult to make that when you start with Sauron, all other civs are also advanced to the second age.

As for the captain units: I suggested mouth of Sauron as hero for Mordor in the units thread so I like that idea. Also in that thread there is some ideas about the nazgul. Check it out there.

As for the captain units: I suggested mouth of Sauron as hero for Mordor in the units thread so I like that idea. Also in that thread there is some ideas about the nazgul. Check it out there.

Good ideas.

We will wait just a little bit more to see if anyone else wants to comment. Then we can make our final decision.

I'm going for one shadow civ as well. We should probably have a long discussion about how we want it implemented exactly, but that should be done in a different thread (and can possible wait until a second release).

Sengir: What is your opinion on the Numenor discussion?

Should we go with: Númenor or Númenórë (Quenya version)?

Also, it looks like we will be going with 1 Shadow Civ for the first release. Now that it is settled for that we need to know how to implement this. I will start a new thread on this topic.

I just noticed T F's wording for the dwarves in the Tech Tree thread. It is Khuzdul there. That is what it should be overall I believe.

If T F could provide the accents for it, that would be great!]

What do you guys think. Dwarves - changed to - Khuzdul? That is more like Middle-Earth.

Khazâd is the word for Dwarves (singular is Khuzd, as in 1 Khuzd, 2 Khazâd), Khuzdul (no accents) is the adjective (well, genitive, but whatever).

I see that we have Rohan nuetral, but they indeed were on the good side. They came to the aid of Gondor at the Pelenor Fields and the Black Gate and were allied with Gondor. Befor the Pelenor Fields, they fought Isenguard on several occasions not mentioned in the original trilogy (not just Helm's Deep) until the Ents took over Isenguard (speaking of which they should be a civ).

One of the main reasons for the Neutral disposition of Rohan was their originating status and to Balance the Good vs. Evil Civs.

We have decided no Ent Civ because of the Amazing power difference. We have an idea to incorporate them through a Project basis however.

We could still discuss Rohans Alignment I suppose.

True in some ways, yet he was good to begin with. We can let the others also discuss this.

So, what does everyone think of Sandman730's thoughts on this? He has some valid points here!

Should Isengard be an Evil Civ to start? It would help to balance against all of the Good CIv (of which there are a lot).

UUs:

Easterlings: in LOTR they were portrayed as swashbucklers so how about a pirate ship of some sort?

Feanor aka the Gnomes: The children of Feanor were overly obsessed with recovering the silmarils, so how about a bezerker of some sort?

At this point, I would recomend going through the 1st post in the Discussion Status thread. There are a lot of things there you should read.

We also have threads for the Units if you want to continue on those topics. Make sure they are the 2009 ones though.

As for the Easterlings, they were entirely Land Bound except for the Sea of Rhun. It was the Haradrim that had Umbar and the Corsairs after Numenor.

As outlined elsewhere, I would like to have most Men civs start as neutral (but leaning towards good/evil depending on what they eventually became in the books). Angmar will be evil to start with and the Edain good, but the rest should start neutral (we got a list somewhere, which I thought we would be using)

I mostly like the civ list as it stands. I'm not sure about having men divided by alignment at the beginning though. I kind of like the idea of all (or at least most) men starting out neutral and then being attracted to Good or Evil by either the Elves or the Shadow.

I like this, and I think it should be extended to several other civs (see spoiler).

Spoiler ALIGNMENT SUGGESTIONS :

STARTING ALIGNMENT (ALIGNMENT MOST LIKELY, i.e. Isengard's would be EVIL)

Elves:
Noldor: House of Finwë - GOOD
Noldor: House of Fëanor - NEUTRAL
Teleri - GOOD
Sindar - NEUTRAL (GOOD, faster than most)
Vanyar - GOOD (PERMANENT GOOD?)

Men:
Nûmenor - NEUTRAL
Arnor - NEUTRAL (GOOD)
Gondor - NEUTRAL (GOOD)
Edain - GOOD
Rohirrim - NEUTRAL (GOOD)
Northmen - NEUTRAL (EVIL)(GOOD)
Dunlending - NEUTRAL (EVIL)
Isengard - NEUTRAL (EVIL, maybe faster than most)
Haradrim - NEUTRAL (EVIL)
Easterling - NEUTRAL (EVIL)
Angmar - EVIL

Shadow:
Mordor - PERMANENT EVIL
Angband - PERMANENT EVIL

Dwarves:
Longbeard - NEUTRAL (GOOD)
Firebeard & Ironfists - NEUTRAL (GOOD? I don't know who they are, so I don't know if it fits)

Don't forget your dïâcrítîcs ^_^

Top Bottom