[LP] Civilization VI: Leader Pass - 11/17 Developer Livestream Discussion

How can we tell if our account is linked to 2k? If it is not, how do we link it?
When you get to the main menu in game, in the bottom right corner you can see a 2K icon which is interactable. If it is colorful, you have probably already linked it, and should see the unlink account option below it. I believe it's more grayed out if you haven't linked yet

I'm like 90% we are at least getting one, and they might do a video on it soon like they did previously. It may not be fully ready or something.

Otherwise, we'll get patch notes.

I wouldn't count on any major bug fixes. Sounds like the main designers weren't working on these leaders (presumably working on civ7). Which means they aren't available for fixing major bugs.

I wouldn't count on any major bug fixes. Sounds like the main designers weren't working on these leaders (presumably working on civ7). Which means they aren't available for fixing major bugs.
That logic bummed me out. I hope you're wrong but I won't hold my breath.

But then again, Carl and his colleagues are DESIGNERS, not programmers. Someone has to actually code everything--presumably they're fixing bugs too.

Major bugs, likely not. Things like the science bug which should be a LUA change, yes.

But then again, Carl and his colleagues are DESIGNERS, not programmers. Someone has to actually code everything--presumably they're fixing bugs too.

Ed gave the name of the team working on it as Carl, Anthony Johnson, and Matthew Beach. Matthew Beach (Ed's brother?) is listed one of the main programmers for Civ 6, so presumably he could fix some stuff.

Frankly, their silence on that was concerning. This livestream kinda deflated my hype.

Silver lining for console users is that they unexpectedly addressed the obvious omission of the same in marketing to date.

While their answers were needfully vague and noncommittal, at least they openly addressed the disappointment and left the door open that there is still some hope to finally be included in the future.

This small gesture of good faith communication actually helped to quell my white hot rage of being excluded from new content (and bug fixes, and the free Julius Caesar drop).

While watching the introduction of new content that you can't have still breeds resentment, I overall am much more optimistic after watching the stream that the Leader Pass may one day become available.

Major bugs, likely not. Things like the science bug which should be a LUA change, yes.

Ed gave the name of the team working on it as Carl, Anthony Johnson, and Matthew Beach. Matthew Beach (Ed's brother?) is listed one of the main programmers for Civ 6, so presumably he could fix some stuff.
I believe Matt Beach is his son.

As long as they fix the Asset Limit bug I'll be mostly happy. Considering all the new assets this pass will have something has to be done, as the base game now might run into the issue instead of just those playing with mods.

The thing that concerns me, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to use LUA to actually program in Julius's ability,

However, I highlgy doubt that.......... right...?

A patch would be needed to bring in the DLL to reflect the new modifiers.

Julius Caesar's Agenda is that he likes those who destroy Barbarian Camps, and dislikes those who don't.

Very fitting, considering the Gallic Wars.
Very Unfitting, considering that Gaul is a Civ, not a Barbarian Camp, in the game that Caesar is joining . . .

The Leader portrait: luckily, I won't have to look at it if I play him, because, folks, we have a bust of Caesar (the "Tusculum Portrait" sculpture, in the Turin Acrheological Museum) made during his lifetime, and Firaxis' version doesn't look anything like it, or Julius. Furthermore, he's wearing a set of fancy parade armor that no experienced soldier would be caught dead in on the battlefield (because it would make him dead on the battlefield). Disappointing, and inane given that his UA concerns Conquest, not Parading.
And they give us access to scout cats - which is a Mod I've been using for over a year now. Big Whup.
And they conspicuously don't mention any fixes to the bugs in the game that make it practically unplayable.

Any enthusiasm - and it wasn't much to begin with - that I had for this Dump is now at Minimal. I'm back to Farthest Frontier and Anno 1800 for the foreseeable future . . .

Top Bottom