1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilizations Reborn

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by 1SDAN, Sep 27, 2019.

1. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

It uses the same calculation as the top 5 cities in the world. So basically culture, population, and economic output IIRC.

Crimean Lord likes this.
  2. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

How do you accomplish the Nubia's Pyramid UHV? Every time it's built by Harappa...

3. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I thought I fixed that!

...I'll see what I can do

Crimean Lord likes this.
  4. MacAurther

MacAurther Chieftain

Love the mod! It really adds a lot of variety to lesser represented parts of the world. Great work!

Just a few bugs/issues I've noticed in a limited number of playthroughs:
    -The reducing culture bug. I know this has been brought up with regards to Yemen, but I don't know if it's been resolved yet. My case is a game as Russia where I put the culture slider to max, built culture in my cities, and still had reducing culture, so my borders would never expand and I was swallowed by Ukraine's culture. (As a side note, the decrease time frame to settle Siberia and the increased number of neighbors and rivals really increases Russia's difficulty. Not necessarily a bad thing!)
    -Whenever I play as Nubia, I rush 1 Medjay and take Egypt ASAP. However, once I take Egypt, I can't select new production in any city and when my last production finishes and the game wants to prompt for new production, it crashes. I don't know if this is linked to Nubia, but it is very consistent for me.
    -I can't play as the Teotihuacanos, it always crashes in auto-play
    -One time when I played as the Mamluks, there were three cities in my flip zone that were placed in such a way that they completely excluded the settling of Cairo. Once they flipped to me, I don't think there's anything I could do? I don't think you can trade away your core cities, right (with the intention of then reconquering and razing)? Even if you could, that would delay the settling of Cairo so long that the difficultly spikes a lot for that random case. The only other thing I think could be done is try to raze one on turn one, but I didn't start with enough units or any siege units, so it was very unlikely.

Once again, great work! I look forward to future installments, especially when the big map rolls around.

Crimean Lord and Rodnok like this.
  5. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Indeed, it happens for more tighted spaces. I had the similar problem with Italy I'm playing now. Venezia joins in the third turn, but with Hungary and Holy Rome pretty close its culture can't increase. I even did a culture bomb there, which was supposed to add 3600 of culture. It added some 350 points only, decreasing again.
    Fortunately, I am using the other three cities for UHV (3 cities with influential culture). And the game is great. Previously I couldn't build all 3 wonders at Emperor level, but in this mod the Europe was more crowded, more wars between AI civilizations happened. Especially Hungary did a havoc (taking 2 cities in France) before it was destroyed by Ottomans - and the map now looks like real Europe.

Your case with Mamluks was the 3000 BC scenario? IMHO the only solution is to restart in such situations. It can happen.

1SDAN likes this.
  6. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

I'm really sorry but I'm currently unable to work on the mod. I've started going back to college and am burnt out on modding Civ 4. I'm really sorry but I'm afraid I must announce a hiatus for the foreseeable future.

7. Triangulum

Triangulum Chieftain

I like some of the civ concepts on this thread, if I have time I want to revive this mod but I'll have to figure out how to code stuff in first. I'll probably start with the civs I want the most though which are the Kushans, Marathas, and Goths (Goths have grown on me).

8. Ballazic

Ballazic King

I agree, the Goths and earlier franks would be such a good addition.

Krieger-FS, 1SDAN and Crimean Lord like this.
  9. Jojo_Fr

Jojo_Fr Prince

Hi. I tried your mod.
    It's very slowdowned and unplayable for me. Starting the mod is very slow. Game turn are incredibly slow. I never has this problem before with mods.

10. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

This mod adds a massive amount of Civilizations, so significant slowdown is to be expected. This is not planned to be fixed, and will likely become worse with further updates. My goal with this mod is to test out various changes and additions that still fit the DoC feel of gameplay. It's basically a thematic kitchen sink mod, and as such performance is not a primary concern.

Krieger-FS and Crimean Lord like this.
  11. Jojo_Fr

Jojo_Fr Prince

Ok thanks for your answer.

12. Ballazic

Ballazic King

I believe you have been asked about this before, but I think all the civs you have would fit in really well with the big map (whenever it's finished).

Crimean Lord likes this.
  13. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Indeed. My hopes are to move to the big map when it's ready.

Crimean Lord and stillblackadder like this.
  14. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

New Update: Added Celtia

1200 BC in Hallstat
    UP - The Power of Ceilidh: Cities start with extra culture.

UU1 - Gaestae: Replaces Swordsman, 5 Strength, 2 Movement, 25% City Attack, Starts with Guerilla I
    UU2 - Cidainh: Replaces Chariot, 4 Strength, Causes Collateral Damage, Gets Defensive Bonuses
    UB - Dun: Replaces Walls, +2 Culture, Free Woodsman I, Costs 30 Production

UHV1 - Brennus' Legacy: Raze 2 Capitals by 200 BC
    UHV2 - Europa Celtica: Control 3 cities in Gallia and Germania and 1 in Italia, Iberia, and Britannia in 1 BC
    UHV3 - Ensured Legacy: Be the most cultured Civilization in the world in 200 BC, 1 BC, and 60 AD

15. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

It has just occurred to me that, while I updated the OP with them, I forgot to note some of the other changes the newest update made:
    1) Nubia's City Name Manager has been slightly modified.
    2) AI Egypt now starts with an Archer. Greece and Nubia can't rush them quite so easily anymore.
    3) England starts with 1 settler, 1 Crossbowman, 3 Longbowmen, and a Missionary. Combined with the new independent Scotland spawn and a new system where their Core only includes Scotland after taking both it and Ireland, there will be a bit more to do in England's early game.
    4) AI England gets conquerors against Ireland.

Also, I just pushed a slight fix that ensures England's core expands properly.

I already have the next update more or less finished, I just need to do some testing to ensure the AI implementation is working and to confirm that affected UHVs are still doable.

Publicola and Crimean Lord like this.
  16. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Hotfix: Fixed a typo that caused a Python error

17. youzhou

youzhou Chieftain

Why are there two Byzantine?

Attached Files:

18. need my speed

need my speed Rex Omnium Imperarium

There is only one Byzantium? If you mean that purple city Ochryd, that colour is different.

19. bluepotato

bluepotato Warlord

It says Byzantium in that purple color on the second picture and the wb shows a Justinian in second the last slot so there really seems to be two of them.

20. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

That seems to be the Byzantium that replaces the Celts in the 600 and 1700 AD scenarios in DoC. My first thought upon seeing the image was that I just forgot to remove them from the scenario file, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I'm completely baffled as to how that can still exist in the latest version. I'll run some autoplays and see if I can replicate this issue.

On a side note, I've been thinking about the effect I gave Elective and I'm a bit displeased with it. It is too similar to Despotism in its use, and is a bit too clunky when used with Tributaries. Lately I've been trying a few alternate effects, but haven't found any that is balanced and fits the Civs I'd like to build Elective around. If anyone has any ideas for non-gold/generic commerce effects that would be useful for Holy Rome, Poland, the Vikings, the Mongols, and the Congo without getting too close to the domains of the other Civics, I'd greatly appreciate it.