1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Civilizations Reborn

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by 1SDAN, Sep 27, 2019.

1. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

That's a good point. Let me check, if not, I'll place a few more locations for Soba.

EDIT: Players will be fine as long as they don't settle a City on the Cow.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
  2. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

New Update

Changed the Nubian Cotton from a Kerma tile to a Soba tile.
    Fixed a tile that is named Soba under pre-Islam Nubians, but not Sennar under post-Islam Nubians

Now players cannot block Soba with a single city. (I doubt most players would build two cities down there)

3. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

New Update

New Civ: Norte Chico

Leader: Wiracocha
    Spawn: 3000 BC at Caral with a Settler and a Worker
    Situation: Agriculture and Mythology, no Civics

UP: The Power of Aceramics - Doubled :science: prior to the discovery of Pottery
    UU: Ayllu - Replaces Worker. Creates 10 :culture: in the capital when it constructs an improvement
    UB: Shicra - Replaces Monument. Half :hammers: cost.

UHV1: The Andean Progenitor - Have a capital with developing culture in 1800 BC
    UHV2: Quipu - Be the first to discover Writing and Calendar
    UHV3: Andean Metropolis - Have a capital with 5 populations and 6 buildings in 1500 BC

Note: The Norte Chico Civilization is intended to be a sort of tutorial for micro managing citizens. It is very hard, but possible with the correct strategy.

Merged Egyptian UHV3 into their UHV1
    New Egyptian UHV3: Control Nubia and the Southern Levant in 1050 BC

Merged Babylonian UHV3 into their UHV2
    New Babylonian UHV3: Control the Levant in 550 BC

UHVs with multiple years like Celtia and Egypt's now are reflected by the Victory Screen turn numbers

4. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Took a few tries at your new Norte Chico civ- they're tough! Haven't figured out how to win with them yet, but I'll get there! Also, I noticed when I start in as Babylon, I lose their new 3rd UHV on the 2nd turn.

Crimean Lord and 1SDAN like this.
  5. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

Also I tried Norte Chico civ but failed every time on Monarch, Normal.
    I wonder how you play it at beginning? First you need get Mining and build mine on Gold, isn't it?

Crimean Lord and 1SDAN like this.
  6. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Monarch, normal here as well. Yes, I found the gold mine to be the best 2nd improvement, not building it just leaves you at too great a disadvantage. I was experimenting with researching fishing after mining, and then onto calendar in order to get a fishing boat and a plantation up for my 3rd and 4th population, but I haven't quite got it right yet. In my best game, I was one building short of the goal, so I've been trying to emphasize :hammers: more.

1SDAN likes this.
  7. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Just released a new update that fixes that. Massive apologies.

Hickman888 likes this.
  8. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

No worries! It’s part of the process! ;)

1SDAN likes this.
  9. youzhou

youzhou Chieftain

The Yemen is the same color as the Tibet,The Norte Chico is the same color as the Japan,I used COLOR_BLUE and COLOR_CYAN instead of repeating colors

Attached Files:

10. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Hey, did you know that only one Civilization may be assigned a particular set of colours at a time, lest their colours become weird and unintended? Neither did I! Fixed Japan being coloured purple! As a side effect, colours are really weird in saves from the previous two versions.

Also buffed Yemen's starting situation.

EDIT: Well, looks like Youzhou reported the issue before I even noticed it, but I didn't notice their post until after I fixed it. Interesting.

mysterious_stalker likes this.
  11. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Minor Update: Fixed an issue where the Yemen Arab Republic Dynamic Name is used long before it should be. I have no clue how it took this long for me to notice this issue.

EDIT: Another Minor Update: Removed Yemeni Elective Dynamic Name. Added Yemeni English Vassal Name.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020
  12. youzhou

youzhou Chieftain

The two colors are exactly the same,But one is called COLOR_MAROON and the other is called COLOR_MAROON_AND_WHITE QQ图片20200404041105.png

13. youzhou

youzhou Chieftain

In addition, RFC 600 AD cannot enter the game QQ图片20200404041906.png

14. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

They have different colours for the City Population Number and Unit Flags.

upload_2020-4-3_16-53-16.png

upload_2020-4-3_16-53-27.png

600 AD is working on my end, I'll see what I can do nonetheless.

Another Yemen related update: Reduced strength of Turkic conquerors against Oman

15. BarbarianX

BarbarianX Chieftain

That's a bug that happens when you download the mod from GitHub. Open the scenario file in Notepad++ and go to Edit > End of Line Conversion > Windows and save the file, it should fix the scenario.

16. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Usually the 600 AD error has a pop up error. The attached image doesn't have a pop up error. Wouldn't hurt to try thought.

17. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Your new update fixed Babylon's 3rd UHV, but I have some more feedback... I don't think that it is possible for Babylon to get their tech goal (calendar) anymore. Even when I didn't stall city growth for a worker and beelined straight toward calendar, I was still a turn off when I lost it to Norte Chico. Speaking of Norte Chico, could you give us a hint on how it is done? :lol: I feel like I've tried everything! Republic, despotism, emphasizing :commerce:, emphasizing :hammers:... I just can't seem to get it on Monarch/Normal.

18. Triangulum

Triangulum Chieftain

Norte Chico UHV done: not too bad, tech order goes Mining > Sailing > rush Calendar > rush Writing > Pottery. Micromanagement of pops isn't necessary actually, just need to adhere to a strict build order and build the improvements in the correct order. Fun little puzzle.

Attached Files:

Hickman888 and 1SDAN like this.
  19. Triangulum

Triangulum Chieftain

Also I'd love to see more of these small puzzle civs! I like civs that require critical thinking such as Tibet, Burma, Norte Chico, etc.

Publicola, Hickman888 and 1SDAN like this.
  20. Hydrok9

Hydrok9 Chieftain

This may be a dumb question, but is there any way to use the large map with this mod?