Clown Car IV: The Dotard and Dunce Parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine being as good at crime as the Clintons

Jeez louise!
They're so skilled they can kill anyone who inconveniences them except for Ken Starr, Monica Lewinsky, Trump, Obama, or anyone else who inconveniences them.

hah , there's a thing called garrote or whatever , forensics always claim that to be tie of the suicided person .

I know I'm a few weeks late on this, but just caught up on Trump's idea to build The Wall in Colorado, despite it's lack of border with Mexico!

Really!??? :confused:

Yes, Morty. It's like those people who say that Britain/England is too full of dark-skinned people who can actually cook from Africa/Asia/the Caribbean and that the best way to stop all these people is to exit the EU.

I do not understand how her comments are transphobic? She acknowledges that transpeople exist and have the right to self-identification. She also admits she never saw or confronted these issues until recently and stated that old people may not be comfortable sharing bathrooms with transpeople. I don't see what is controversial in any of those statements? Quotes:

Spoiler :
“I do think there is a legitimate concern about women’s lived experience and the importance of recognizing that, and also the importance of recognizing the self-identification [of transgender people],” she said. “This is all relatively new. People are still trying to find the language for it.”

“I think in the right mindset this can be understood,” the 2016 presidential candidate added, “but it’s going to take some time.”

When Sunday Times reporter Decca Aitkenhead asserted that there are women from earlier generations who may be uncomfortable sharing a locker room or dressing room with a transgender woman, the 72-year-old was said to have nodded vigorously in response.
“I would say that, absolutely,” she said. “Absolutely. Yes.”

I think it's fair to characterize the general American perception of transpeople as incomplete and mis-informed, but evolving in the right way. There are still lots of people uncomfortable with them.

Just with half a dozen mored words or so she could have turned it into a moment of reconciliation, a sort of ‘hey, it's tought on people raised in another era but we can make this work’.

*sighs*
She did though? Not in an overwhelmingly positive or flowery way, but she did say these things:
"....and also the importance of recognizing the self-identification [of transgender people],"
“I think in the right mindset this can be understood,” the 2016 presidential candidate added, “but it’s going to take some time.”

I want Clinton to just go away and exit the political discourse entirely, so it's not like I'm defending her as a fan boy. The title of the article was extremely misleading.

"I do think there is legitimate concern about women's lived experience" is just TERF nonsense, sorry.

That would be a really uncharitable reading of what she said. I actually took that to include the transwomen's experience within the broader context of women's experience, particularly when coupled with the second half of the quote which explicitly recognizes self-identification of transpeople.

I know this is not what Hillary was talking about, but is it terf nonsense to suggest that there may be an issue with locking up people with functioning penises and people with functioning wombs together in an environment where sexual violence is the norm?

On the Impeachment Hearings:

Republicans: "These hearings are a farce! There's no evidence that Trump did anything wrong!"
Democrats: "The witnesses all say that Trump was engaged in quid-pro-quo and that it was wrong and damaging to US interests."
Republicans: "Its all hearsay! None of the witnesses talked to Trump directly!'
Democrats: "Let us interview the people with whom Trump spoke directly."
Republicans: "No because these hearings are a farce!"
Democrats: "Well then all we have is the unanimous uncontroverted testimony that what Trump did was wrong, so we will Impeach."
Republicans: "Even if Trump did something wrong its not impeachable!"
Democrats: "Why not?"
Republicans: "Because the administration does this kind of thing all the time. Its normal behavior for Trump"
Democrats: "So Trump did do something wrong."
Republicans: "No because Trump said there was no quid-pro-quo, and he was investigating corruption. So there's no evidence that Trump did anything wrong!"

That would be a really uncharitable reading of what she said. I actually took that to include the transwomen's experience within the broader context of women's experience, particularly when coupled with the second half of the quote which explicitly recognizes self-identification of transpeople.

O ought to be one of the people who most dislikes Clinton, but even I think that on this one she didn't say anything wrong.

In the future people will look down on this decade and laugh at some of the silliness (to say the least) that went on with the idea that people can "identify" as anything the wish. An identity is never simply an individual decision, saying that it is does not make it so. But I don't want to derail this thread.

I do not understand how her comments are transphobic? She acknowledges that transpeople exist and have the right to self-identification. She also admits she never saw or confronted these issues until recently and stated that old people may not be comfortable sharing bathrooms with transpeople. I don't see what is controversial in any of those statements?

Sorry, Hillary is a transphobe.
Just like this woman:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-birth-coach-post-saying-women-children.html
Beneath the image, she wrote: "Women birth all the people, make up half the population, but less than a third of the seats in the House of Commons are occupied by us."

A Facebook follower accused her of using ‘absolutely disgusting language’, adding: ‘Also, you seem to be forgetting that not only women birth children.’

Days later, around 20 trans activists wrote a letter of complaint claiming Mrs McCarthy-Calvert had ‘clearly’ breeched Doula UK policies stating that members ‘shouldn’t post anything that our colleagues, clients and affiliates would find offensive’.

They alleged that the post contained several ‘trans exclusionary comments’ including the description of a woman as an ‘adult human female’.

What a bigot.

It's almost as bad as people using the sign "It's ok to be white"
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...s-posted-tennessee-university-campus-n1076596
Clearly a reference the new white power gang-like hand sign.
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/til-today-i-learned.496661/page-299#post-15322908

Thankfully, people are starting to take o.k. back with the "OK Boomer" meme.

Big think

Very nice.

I spent 1 minute thinking it was a spelling mistake puzzle because of Miriam-Webster, but it turns out the key is "better on average" compared to whom?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is very telling that what passes as political debate now is usually filled with comedy and trolling, with the news being mostly entertainment or a hybrid (and when not, they still look like they unwittingly are just that).
To say this is decadent is an understatement. Humor is nice, yet usually it isn't compatible with seriousness, ok boomer?

I think it is very telling that what passes as political debate now is usually filled with comedy and trolling, with the news being mostly entertainment or a hybrid (and when not, they still look like they unwittingly are just that).
To say this is decadent is an understatement. Humor is nice, yet usually it isn't compatible with seriousness, ok boomer?

Our attentions spans have atrophied far too much to contemplate anything with seriousness unless it is about to kill us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom