Colbert Rips the "Religious" Hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is having a diet that is just eating really chocolatey things all ze time

Correct.
Focusing too much on the lusts of the material world distracts one's mind from God.

Evangelicals are too American to be proper Christians.

It always scares me when mortal man has the audacity to say "you're not a Christian" or "you are a Christian". What say we leave that judgement up to God, eh? I think we've had enough deaths on this planet because mankind likes to make the call.

It always scares me when mortal man has the audacity to say "you're not a Christian" or "you are a Christian". What say we leave that judgement up to God, eh? I think we've had enough deaths on this planet because mankind likes to make the call.

I'm not saying that they're not Christians. I'm saying that they are heretics. Huge difference!

It's important to know what is heresy and who are the false prophets. The fate of millions of souls are at stake.

Mortal men are fully capable of looking up a definition in a dictionary.

Well, most of them, anyway.

You know what I hate? Flamboyant Christians. I don't mind people being Christian, just as long as they keep it to themselves, you know? I've nothing against Christians, I have a Christian friend myself, I just don't think they should thrust it in our faces like that.

It's more like being constantly assaulted and bullied by them. And I hate it too. Sends me into a blind fury.

So Fox News likes to have imbecilic guests. And the religious right is hypocritical.

What next, online forums start recycling discussion points?

Not only do we recycle them, we post companion threads that are a juxtaposition/spin on other threads!!!!!

You know what I hate? Flamboyant Christians. I don't mind people being Christian, just as long as they keep it to themselves, you know? I've nothing against Christians, I have a Christian friend myself, I just don't think they should thrust it in our faces like that.

Don't ask, don't tell. ;)

No seriously, I agree with you. People need to stop this pyschotic people-have-to-agree-with-me-or-else routine.

Obama prayed to Allah? Isn't Allah the Muslim version of the biblical God? I think so, that would make Jesus the Son of Allah...and Jesus did tell his followers to pray to his father. But whatever Obama did behind closed doors, he did not lead people away from Jesus.
Even Muslims believe that Jesus was the result of virginal conception via Mary, initiated by Allah.

Effeminacy is a sin in Christianity.

Source?

(Talkin' bout evangelism anyway...)

AGREED.

Not praying shows a strong faith that God knows our needs and will take care of them without us having to top from the bottom.

I think FOX is correct. Pious Christians pray in private, but pious Christians also get persecuted. We don't want Obama to be persecuted, we want him to be loved and adored by the world. He, for America's sake, needs to be a faux Christian, the type that will help America thrive.

Source?

(Talkin' bout evangelism anyway...)

Straight from the New Testament.

Corinthians 6:9 said:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind...

The metrosexuals will go into the same hellfire as the homosexuals.

Straight from the New Testament.

The metrosexuals will go into the same hellfire as the homosexuals.

Nice.

EDIT: didn't see the queerbash. Metrosexuals being damned, that's what's nice. :p

Corinthians 6:9 said:
Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolators, nor adulterers, nor the effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind...

Wonderful. You've just made a definitive translation of the Paul's neologism "arsenokoitai". Head over to Plotinus' thread to see why you deserve some sort of translation award for doing such a great job..

I was curious regarding the translation to effeminate in this context, so I googled this:

http://www.contenderministries.org/articles/christianliving/homosexuality.php

Contrary to the opinions of some, the Old Testament is not the only place in the Bible that condemns homosexuality. We previously mentioned Hebrews 13:4, where Paul exhorted us to honor the marriage bed and keep it pure. In Romans 1:26-27 Paul is very specific, “For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was meet.” In 1 Corinthians 6:9, Paul wrote, “Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind.”
The Greek word from which the King James Bible gets the word “effeminate” is malakos, which literally means something soft to the touch, but is used as a negative metaphor to refer to a boy kept for homosexual relations with a man. The “abusers of themselves with mankind” are those men who engage in unnatural sexual relations with other men – homosexuals. That is also how the NASB, the NKJV, and the NIV translate that verse. Also in the New Testament is verse 7 from the book of Jude, defining exactly why Sodom and Gomorrah were punished – homosexuality.

Just noting, that's a piece from a fundamentalist Christian website, not an actual scholarly or semi-scholarly article. They bring certain preconceptions to the table.

Yeah, I know. But ironically, this was the most 'scholarly' one I found from the top google searches. :lol:

I think he has the right Greek word which is the important part. I don't think Paul was referring to men with unusually low testosterone levels, or who have a propensity to wear unusual clothes, or who talk with a lisp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom