Colbert Rips the "Religious" Hypocrites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berzerker

Deity
Apparently the Christian Repubs (at Fox) are up in arms over Obama's private observance of natl prayer day. So Steven Colbert took up the matter on his show tonight with a clip of Gretchen Carlson of Fox chastising Obama for praying behind closed doors followed by Colbert citing Jesus telling people to close the door and pray privately.

You know, if yer gonna call yourself a Christian, read the damn Bible first. I'm no Bible thumper but even I think its disgusting when ideologues hide their BS behind Jesus. The guy tells people "dont do as the hypocrites" who stand in the synagogues and streets praying so others may see them and these "Christians" not only do it, they criticize others for not doing it too.

So Fox News likes to have imbecilic guests. And the religious right is hypocritical.

What next, online forums start recycling discussion points?

Apparently the Christian Repubs (at Fox) are up in arms over Obama's private observance of natl prayer day. So Steven Colbert took up the matter on his show tonight with a clip of Gretchen Carlson of Fox chastising Obama for praying behind closed doors followed by Colbert citing Jesus telling people to close the door and pray privately.

You know, if yer gonna call yourself a Christian, read the damn Bible first. I'm no Bible thumper but even I think its disgusting when ideologues hide their BS behind Jesus. The guy tells people "dont do as the hypocrites" who stand in the synagogues and streets praying so others may see them and these "Christians" not only do it, they criticize others for not doing it too.

*The funny thing is, the pray privately lesson was the very first lesson from Jesus in the bible. The first sermon he gives right in the beginning of the new testament :lol:

I am looking forward to tonight's show (West Coast)

* I am not a Christan, but I've read the Bible quite a few times.

Well known that Evangelicals are heretics who don't know much about Christianity.

Did any of them go down and worship that bull on Wall Street today?

Perhaps Moses will come back and grind it into a fine powder and will make them drink it?

Also saw a report on Fox: "Has Obama prayed since he came into office?"

It's just mind boggling for someone in the Free World to observe this from a distance :)

Yeah, Jesus said pray in private, but he didn't say pray to Allah in private. So while Fox News was wrong to ask him to pray in public, what Obama did still wasn't righteous.

So Fox News likes to have imbecilic guests. And the religious right is hypocritical.

What next, online forums start recycling discussion points?

Host, and it looks like several Fox hosts were reading from the same playbook

Yeah, Jesus said pray in private, but he didn't say pray to Allah in private. So while Fox News was wrong to ask him to pray in public, what Obama did still wasn't righteous.

Obama prayed to Allah? Isn't Allah the Muslim version of the biblical God? I think so, that would make Jesus the Son of Allah...and Jesus did tell his followers to pray to his father. But whatever Obama did behind closed doors, he did not lead people away from Jesus.

He's just injecting a little free market principle in the saviour business by opening up his own franchise of messiah-ship.

Ziggy Stardust said:
He's just injecting a little free market principle in the saviour business by opening up his own franchise of messiah-ship.

If you can't already get 'Jesus Loves Obama' shirts and figures of Obama on the Crucifix I would be surprised... just another example of the free market failing to fulfill all the whims of a jaded and perverted population. I'm sure on the flipside though that you can get 'Jesus Hates Obama' shirts and figures of Obama on a prayer mat facing Mecca and if you can't... its just another example of the govenrment stifling the free market and failing to fulfill all the whims of a just and righteous population.

You know what I hate? Flamboyant Christians. I don't mind people being Christian, just as long as they keep it to themselves, you know? I've nothing against Christians, I have a Christian friend myself, I just don't think they should thrust it in our faces like that.

Mise said:
You know what I hate? Flamboyant Christians. I don't mind people being Christian, just as long as they keep it to themselves, you know? They shouldn't thrust it in our faces like that.

If I were to provide you with a high powered rifle and a one way ticket to an Obama conference could I consider you contractually bound for cleaning duty? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom