• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

College Football In Season Thread

The ACC is horrible:sad:

The ACC plays better than even some BCS conferences, so I don't think this is fair. It is, however, wildly inconsistent, but at least every team has a chance at making a run for the conference title in any given year.

My picks are getting hammered this week :lol:

Ouch! That kills any quality victories Boise State might have had.

I think V Tech went into meltdown mode, where, they probably deserved their ranking at the beginning of the season. You can't possibly think a Frank Beamer team is this bad.

'course, yeah, it's a major loss for Boise. They will really really need an OSU / Alabama loss.

The ACC plays better than even some BCS conferences

That says everything anyone needs to know about the ACC of late.

I think V Tech went into meltdown mode, where, they probably deserved their ranking at the beginning of the season. You can't possibly think a Frank Beamer team is this bad.

'course, yeah, it's a major loss for Boise. They will really really need an OSU / Alabama loss.

It really doesn't matter whether or not the team is really that bad. And it makes it almost a moot point as their SOS is now down the toilet. What is going to be their headline win? Oregon State? A mid-level PAC10 team? If they run the table, sure give them a BCS bowl, but the title game? That's a tough sell.

Unless everyone else has at least one loss and people decide Boise's cumulative record over the last few years is good enough. Really, at that point, everyone would have a reason to be mad.

Screw the BCS.

I just found out Air Force beat BYU! That was totally off my radar today and didn't even think of it. That's cool news and fits with the coincidence that all the good/crazy games mostly weren't the ones we had one pickem though.

I think the ACC are hoping to start basketball season really early this year...

I just found out Air Force beat BYU! That was totally off my radar today and didn't even think of it. That's cool news and fits with the coincidence that all the good/crazy games mostly weren't the ones we had one pickem though.

I think the ACC are hoping to start basketball season really early this year...

Yeah, who would have guessed Virginia Tech-James Madison would have been so competitive.

Edit: I will say that the Michigan Notre Dame game was a good one to the end.

I'll take being down 7 at the half, but UVA has made a lot of mistakes. You don't get away with that stuff on the road against a solid team.

EDIT: 17-14 final. Great effort by the Hoos, but tons of mistakes for both teams. London can't solve the talent issues in one season, but at least the effort is there.

At least this wasn't the 50something to 6 drumming we got two years ago.

Those two missed FG's and 100+ yards of penalties weren't good. But USC weren't so hot either.

Stock in C-ville's going up after this moral victory (at least I hope it's going up...). We get (cupcake?) VMI in two weeks before hosting FSU.

New USA Today Poll! (There is an AP one too, but they don't matter)

1 Alabama (55) 2-0 1470
2 Ohio State (4) 2-0 1410
3 Boise State 1-0 1278
4 Texas 2-0 1262
5 TCU 2-0 1168
6 Oregon 2-0 1122
7 Florida 2-0 1108
8 Nebraska 2-0 1095
9 Oklahoma 2-0 1062
10 Iowa 2-0 1050
11 Wisconsin 2-0 889
12 LSU 2-0 740
13 Arkansas 2-0 738
14 Utah 2-0 625
15 Auburn 2-0 618
16 South Carolina 2-0 527
17 Miami (FL) 1-1 417
18 Arizona 2-0 410
19 Stanford 2-0 338
20 Penn State 1-1 296
21 West Virginia 2-0 264
22 Michigan 2-0 254
23 Houston 2-0 220
24 California 2-0 131
25 Missouri 2-0
Clemson, Florida State, Oklahoma State, Air Force, Pitt are the top five "also receiving votes" guys

Turruble week for the ACC, and I'm less than convinced about a lot of SEC teams this year too. Is there a consensus #4 team outside of Bama/Buckeyes/Boise? Texas hasn't really looked great this season...is it TCU or Oregon?

I'm not fond of eye tests, but TCU is the 4th best team in the country.

I'm not fond of eye tests, but TCU is the 4th best team in the country.

It's early but other teams to watch out for are Iowa, Cal, and Arizona. All have looked very good early on.

Do not forget Oklahoma. Although they slacked off after building an early 21 point lead to Utah State, their utter domination of FSU was really impressive. Landry Jones was unstoppable and the defense held FSU's offense to almost nothing after the first drive.

Do not forget Oklahoma. Although they slacked off after building an early 21 point lead to Utah State, their utter domination of FSU was really impressive. Landry Jones was unstoppable and the defense held FSU's offense to almost nothing after the first drive.

Oh, I intentionally left out Oklahoma for that very reason. They did look dominant over Florida State, but how in the world do you explain that close call against Utah State?

Oh, I intentionally left out Oklahoma for that very reason. They did look dominant over Florida State, but how in the world do you explain that close call against Utah State?

Looking at the box score, guys like DeMarco Murray and Ryan Broyles put up great numbers to help Oklahoma get out to that early lead. They could then be seen as guilty of the looking ahead bug with a nationally televised game against ranked FSU. Unlike teams like Boise State, BCS conference teams need only win against non-BCS ones in the long run if they want to stay ranked high since it can be blamed on a lack of focus and whatnot and their remaining strength of schedule bails them out.

Top Bottom