• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

College Football In Season Thread

Looking at the box score, guys like DeMarco Murray and Ryan Broyles put up great numbers to help Oklahoma get out to that early lead. They could then be seen as guilty of the looking ahead bug with a nationally televised game against ranked FSU. Unlike teams like Boise State, BCS conference teams need only win against non-BCS ones in the long run if they want to stay ranked high since it can be blamed on a lack of focus and whatnot and their remaining strength of schedule bails them out.

That lack of focus is what is troubling, they have a lot of trap games on their schedule, from Air Force, Cincinnati right before playing Texas, to Iowa State (who knocked off Nebraska last year) and Missouri right after.

To be fair to Nebraska, that Iowa State game was one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen. 9 turnovers and Iowa State still BARELY won.

lol usc dropping 2 spots every week as we continue to underachieve against loltastic teams

usc will beat minny by a field goal and washington state by a touchdown and drop out of polls like we deserve

also stanford is underranked dude

Just thought I'd say... ROLL TIDE. Also, wtf Notre Dame?

It's early but other teams to watch out for are Iowa, Cal, and Arizona. All have looked very good early on.
Iowa at Arizona should be determine how good each of these teams are. The Citadel was really no match for the Cats size and speed. Iowa will obviously be a different story.

Having gone to Iowa for last year's game I know how tough they play in their house. However, I was in Tucson this past weekend and they'll find it equally difficult in our house with the 'Zona Zoo, a starting Foles and healthy Grigsby. Apparently, about 200 people from Iowa bought season tickets for Arizona so they can get reasonable seats in the stadium. :crazyeye:

On another note, I met AD Greg Byrne this weekend. I love his youthful enthusiasm and the tradition he's bringing to town.

Here's hoping Nevada can beat Cal. At the least I hope for a fun game to watch.

This is the second Cincinnati game that I've watched and Butch Jones has done a terrible job so far. He's making Cincinnati look like Louisville post-Petrino.

Oh no, no way! That was today! I guess I miss my pick, totally didn't realize we were picking an early game :cry:

This is the second Cincinnati game that I've watched and Butch Jones has done a terrible job so far. He's making Cincinnati look like Louisville post-Petrino.

Yeah, that's my fear for the program too. I was flabbergasted that Lousville couldn't sustain the growth in their program, and Cincinnati just looks *bad*. Missed defensive assignments, no running game watsoever, etc. Oklahoma is going to murderalize them next week, and then what? They're fighting for a bowl.

Yeah, that's my fear for the program too. I was flabbergasted that Lousville couldn't sustain the growth in their program, and Cincinnati just looks *bad*. Missed defensive assignments, no running game watsoever, etc. Oklahoma is going to murderalize them next week, and then what? They're fighting for a bowl.

Well, a bowl is what Butch Jones said was the goal of the program this year:rolleyes:

Unfortunately with his contract, Cincinnati probably won't be able to get rid of him for a couple years.

Well, a bowl is what Butch Jones said was the goal of the program this year:rolleyes:

Unfortunately with his contract, Cincinnati probably won't be able to get rid of him for a couple years.

I don't get how you can screw it up. Metro Cincinnati has some of the best high school football of any US city. You just made a BCS Bowl. You have a shot of being the first Ohio school to beat Ohio State since what, Wooster? Oberlin? You get to play games in Florida. Your offense, when executed correctly, should score a ton of points. Whats not to like? You should be a good football team.

I knew Cincinnati had some problems with facilities and their athletic department, but UC always seemed like a wasted opportunity to me.

The QB looked liked a option-quarterback at best... I think I can STILL throw better :old: .

Lets see Cal has gone to 7 bowl games and Nevada has gone to 5 so its not like they went to Utah State or something.

I think they also agreed to a home and home.

The momentum in the Arkansas-Georgia game int he 4th has been ridiculous. I didn't give Georgia a chance, but the home crowd held on until Georgia has started steamrolling Arkansas at the end. Mallett's season could be made on this final drive right now.

Top Bottom