Comings, Goings and New Arrivals IX: Those Things Come And Go

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really miss @Owen Glyndwr posts. stumbled upon some of his via search recently. always such insightful and nuanced posts. I saw one of their posts in the Trump/MalcomX/Caeser cluster**** so they're definitely lurking :D

Yeah, between volunteering for Bernie and CDSA candidates, and the craziness that COVID wrought on work, twitter kinda captured most of my posting attention the last few months. I'm semi-back now, we'll see.

Also thanks for the compliment. I feel like most of the time my posts are rambling and aimless, but it's good to hear someone gets something out of them. :D

Twitter is a wasteland. No one should be posting there. :p

Yeah, between volunteering for Bernie and CDSA candidates, and the craziness that COVID wrought on work, twitter kinda captured most of my posting attention the last few months.

Oh, gross. At least your posts are probably more historically literate than Tankiecomics's.

Heyyy there I am new here!!

I am Skyla and I have been playing CIV games since 2010 and they are a special interest of mine. I am a 22 year old religious studies major btw.

Welcome :)

I am Skyla and I have been playing CIV games since 2010 and they are a special interest of mine. I am a 22 year old religious studies major btw.

Hey nice user name you got there, welcome!

You have come to study us… remember that scientific researchers should not be affected emotionally by their object of study.

Welcome!

thanks it's my name lol

Really? I would never guess that, Skyla is indeed a beautiful name and it also reminds me with a fascinating fictional female name, "Schala".

Yeah, between volunteering for Bernie and CDSA candidates, and the craziness that COVID wrought on work, twitter kinda captured most of my posting attention the last few months. I'm semi-back now, we'll see.

Also thanks for the compliment. I feel like most of the time my posts are rambling and aimless, but it's good to hear someone gets something out of them. :D
I love your posts and deeply respect your opinion. You've always been up there as one of CFC's 'thought leaders' in my mind and I miss your posts.

--------------

I have been really busy with work and that looks to continue for the foreseeable future which has impacted my posting quite a bit. But the other thing is that I've turned pretty inward with my online presence, especially with PM's, of late. The onset of covid triggered a wave of paranoia and anxiety in myself and for whatever reason, one of my strongest triggers has been PM's. I've had a lot of chats with people here over the years and I see many of you as close friends - closer indeed than all my real life ones. Despite this, and almost to cut off my nose to spite my face, my response to covid-craziness has been to withdraw from my online world. That is especially true for PM's, which as I said are strongly triggering for reasons I don't fully understand.

Anyways, I've come to realize that as much as you all are my support network, I am also part of some of your support networks. I apologize for the months I haven't been there for you all and I hope you understand it isn't a reflection on any of you but truly just a defensive reaction to craziness of the world and its affects on me.

Hope this is the right place.

Before I jump in and start talking about all things shaping a digital past, present, and future of a planet, I must greet my fellow civilizers first.

So howdy, I'm from South Africa, and have played Civ1, 4, 5, 6, Colonization and Alpha Centauri

Nice to meet you all. That said, we'd better get back to it, the barbarians aren't going to culture themselves ;)

Welcome to CFC, where we will teach you about the best game in the series: Civilization III.

Yeah, and Conquests also ruined my secret police HQ by making it require communism to function.

Yeah, and Conquests also ruined my secret police HQ by making it require communism to function.

Which is a weird choice since just about any type of government in reality can and has maintained a secret police force. I know they did it because the most famous of such organizations, the KGB, came from a communist regime, but that doesn't excuse the historical inaccuracy of it.

Which is a weird choice since just about any type of government in reality can and has maintained a secret police force. I know they did it because the most famous of such organizations, the KGB, came from a communist regime, but that doesn't excuse the historical inaccuracy of it.

Is the KGB better known than the Gestapo, really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom