Comings, Goings and New Arrivals VII: Quitters and Hipsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
RedRalph? It's been awhile, how is it going?

(I don't know if you remember me, but I remember you!)

Its been a while RRW!

Welcome back!

I've been kind of fading away lately I have to admit. I blame Triple A Axis&Allies computer game, and illram for being so damn good at it. Also the lesswrong website. Anyway, I expect to keep poking my nose in every few weeks at least; more if there's a lull in my other addictions.

Hi Ralph. It's April Fools' role madness, and everyone wants to look like me.

I know You had infamy avatar switch but it would be civil if You just choose Your own You know :D I can't make heads or tails in this mess :D (well that is the point I guess :D )

Well, I didn't get any messages asking me where I was, so I can only assume that no one noticed I was gone. I spent two and a weeks enjoying the hospitality of the NHS, waiting for (and then receiving and recovering from) lung surgery for a second pneumathorax.

Well, I didn't get any messages asking me where I was, so I can only assume that no one noticed I was gone. I spent two and a weeks enjoying the hospitality of the NHS, waiting for (and then receiving and recovering from) lung surgery for a second pneumathorax.

Glad to have you back. Hope you're OK now.

Don't stress at no one noticing at the time, thats life. I'm sure there's heaps of us wishing you well now that we know what happened. I'd hate to think you'd let it worry you.

Get better asap champ :)

Two weeks at the mercy of the NHS! That's a long time. Just be grateful they haven't killed you yet.

How was it? Did you get plenty of visitors? How much weight have you lost?

It was surprisingly dull. I enjoyed the regular care, but the sleeping was dreadful and I didn't see as many people as I'd wished. I think I even gained a pound (my weight kept hopping around the 51 kg mark). I did manage to get through 2000 pages of books whilst I was gone though!

I had the same surgery (keyhole, right?) for the same problem in December.

Glad to hear you're OK!

That drain in the side is a real <--Female Dog-->, isn't it?

EDIT: Oh, and glad to see you around to, RRW! :wavey:

It was surprisingly dull. I enjoyed the regular care, but the sleeping was dreadful and I didn't see as many people as I'd wished. I think I even gained a pound (my weight kept hopping around the 51 kg mark). I did manage to get through 2000 pages of books whilst I was gone though!

...I wish I could just sit and read 2000 pages without working. I'm struggling to keep up 30/day.

Glad to hear you aren't dead! Actually, welcome back to a lot of old faces!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom