Cool Pictures 11: If You're Cool And You Know It Clap Your Hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of mud and hungry hippos:

Actually, they named the kid Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.

Seriously. That poor kid is going to take so much teasing if he ever dates a girl named Betty or Veronica or has a friend named Reginald or Forsythe.

That poor kid is going to take so much teasing if he ever dates a girl named Betty or Veronica
No, he'll just be teased about being called 'Archie' ;)

The Archie-comics (AFAIK, still) aren't a big thing in the UK.

What got me, though, was them calling him "Harrison". I mean, srsly? "Harry's son"...? :shake:

No, he'll just be teased about being called 'Archie' ;)

The Archie-comics (AFAIK, still) aren't a big thing in the UK.

What got me, though, was them calling him "Harrison". I mean, srsly? "Harry's son"...? :shake:
Given her Hollywood past, he might be named after Harrison Ford. :mischief:

Technically, as a Prince of the Realm, Harry doesn't have a surname. "Mountbatten-Windsor" is used by those without titles or in rare situations when a surname would be appropriate.

Technically, as a Prince of the Realm, Harry doesn't have a surname. "Mountbatten-Windsor" is used by those without titles or in rare situations when a surname would be appropriate.
And it is only that because "Saxe-Coburg and Gotha" sounds a bit too foreign.

I would imagine that when Harry was in the army he was called Mountbatten-Windsor rather than by his title.

As I recall, he was "Captain Wales", after his father's title.

Have they decided that their kid will have a title?

He's not a Prince of the Realm, as he's not a child or grandchild of the monarch, and he could be known by one of Harry's subordinate titles, so I assume that they're deliberately choosing not to do so.

He's not a Prince of the Realm, as he's not a child or grandchild of the monarch, and he could be known by one of Harry's subordinate titles, so I assume that they're deliberately choosing not to do so.
So, when Charles becomes king, will little Archie be eligible for Prince of the Realm?

That would be within the grant of the Sovereign (and whether his parents agree or not), but we really ought to get back to the pictures.

isambardkingdombrunel.jpg

The greatest engineer of his era, natty dresser, and c00l d00d with very c00l name does not want or need to clap his hands.

I think giant isopods look even cooler in RL:

Wiki article says that the largest of those reach to 50 cm. Pretty monstrous.

Related to the woodlouse (which is an interesting animal itself).

from the article said:
One giant isopod was filmed attacking a larger dogfish shark in a deepwater trap by latching onto and eating the animal's face;

nice...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom