• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Could You Pass the Latest Citizenship Test?

LightFang

"I'm the hero!"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/37279732/ns/us_news-immigration_a_nation_divided/

I got a 90%, so I guess I could. The problem is though that I'm only one year out of high school and two years out of not taking any more history classes ever. Sadly, as time goes on, I too will probably forget lots of important facts and details and wind up like the majority of Americans who probably could not pass this test themselves. :(

90%!

I'm immigrating, peoples.

(though I must admit, my score is undoubtedly skewed by the fact that I had to write a rather large paper on the American legislative system recently)

80%

My lifelong dream of becoming a US citizen is being crushed before my eyes!!!

100%. :smug:

Yay, more rote memorization of facts out of context that will be quickly forgotten and likely not aid in understanding anything relevant to being a conscientious citizen of the United States.

20% old country's better

100%.

Excelente. :mischief:

The test probably could be better to making sure our citizens are productive, loyal, etc. but I passed it, so I'm happy.

Could You Pass the Latest Citizenship Test?
Nope, doubt I could. So lol. In High school we have to pass a US Constitution test, in the 8th grade we had to know all 50 states and capitols. Both of which I got an A on, and would surely bomb if I had to take those test right now again.

Never the less I have a pretty good understanding of my rights and the geography of the US.

55%.
Acceptable for someone who has never set a foot on american soil.

100%.

Excelente. :mischief:

The test probably could be better to making sure our citizens are productive, loyal, etc. but I passed it, so I'm happy.
Kudos, my good men, we're in good company so far!

You answered 100% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

0-20%: Maybe you're still thinking too much about the Old Country.

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)
Spoiler :
I suspect most people miss the Maine / original colony question. It used to be part of Massachusetts.

oooh, fun. *takes test*

85%! oh, West Wing, is there anything you can't do?

Kudos, my good men, we're in good company so far!

Well, to be fair, we both "cheated." :lol:

I'm well-versed in history, AND took American government this year.

You're a strong Constitutionalist, and so you'll know all about its history and contents. :p

But yay! I'm in good company with VRWC! :goodjob:

As a bonus, this test isn't like the last one, which required you to know which form was used for immigration. :crazyeye: I understand the test is for immigrants, but... that question would screw over any Americans who had to take it. :p

Some people don't pay attention to their own tests:

"45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score."

"85-100%: Welcome to the United States!"

Yay, more rote memorization of facts out of context that will be quickly forgotten and likely not aid in understanding anything relevant to being a conscientious citizen of the United States.

Not entirely true. It gladdened my heart to see they touch on federalism and point out that the federalies have no business being involved in education.

Not entirely true. It gladdened my heart to see they touch on federalism and point out that the federalies have no business being involved in education.

To be fair, I think what they meant was powers exclusively outlined as being given to the government, which the other three options all qualified as.

You probably could find some way to justify federal involvement in education(it's the beauty of the Constitution; it is a simple document that is rigid enough to protect key values, yet flexible enough to fit the times), but no need to get into an exact argument over that here.

It would make an interesting thread, possibly, however. :)

Tbh I wouldn't even know if Susan B. Anthony would be relevant if it weren't for the fact that she's on the $1 coin. Not that she didn't play a significant role, but I don't quite grasp why they wouldn't ask questions about other civil rights leaders as well.

Top Bottom