1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Deity

It's a bug in the default game that (hopefully) they'll fix in the next patch.

2. qadams

qadams Bohemian

A hugely annoying bug (to me, anyway) that should have been fixed long ago, in the very first patch. Or even better, before the game was ever released!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
  3. BuzWeaverCiv

BuzWeaverCiv Warlord

There was an update on March 26th. Maybe a few of the bugs have been corrected. I'll found out today.

4. CivLuvah

CivLuvah Deity

Just an update, I tried the CQUI on a new game... the mod DOES have a function to toggle the info on the city banners. Although I still prefer the gossip messages to be in the original map-style. If some gossip messages are still in the original style, then I seem to have judged them too soon.

5. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

Well, we'll see if the Spring Patch and CQUI are compatible.
    Tonight, I guess.

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Anyone know if games with this mod will still work after the patch that dropped a few hours ago? I'm wondering if I need to disconnect my computer from the internet until I finish my current game.

7. BlackSmokeDMax

BlackSmokeDMax Chieftain

My first guess would be no, that the current mod is not going to work with a new patch.

If your game hasn't downloaded the update yet, you could try putting Steam in offline mode. That may do the trick. Your best bet though would be to do as you suggested and disconnect from the internet until you finish the game. It is really the only sure bet you have.

8. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Ugh, apparently the patch queued before I turned off Wi-Fi, locking the game until it updates. I'll let everyone know if my pre-patch game works once I try it (it could be a while with my slow connection).

EDIT: I just played about 10 turns of a game I started last week with only this mod and historicity++, with today's patch. I've run into no problems so far.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  9. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

Map pins appear broken in the Spring Patch. Now I am getting the black hex if I try and switch from the default.

EDIT: Actually if you stick to the 'simple' pins in the top section it seems to work fine, but if you try to use the 'fancy' pins to mark district locations you end up with black hexes instead.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
  10. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

My current game continued to work with the Spring Patch and CQUI daily build.
    I haven't done much except continue to play. There are probably broken things somewhere, but I haven't seen them yet.

11. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

We're working on that eventually!

Checkmark bug is fixed thanks to Aristos

This bug has been fixed in the latest nightly and also hotfixed in the workshop release

Ananse's mod is big and I don't actively work to support compatibility with it. No shade being cast his way, but no guarantees of stability from me if you do opt to combine the two

The file makes use of the extended ASCII character set, you'll need a text editor that supports this. I suggest notepad++ if using Windows

Are you using any other mods?

Does this issue persist even if you save the game and reload it? If so, please share an affected save file

This should no longer be an issue, as the Mac/OSX version should be at least updated to Australian Summer, and the latest major patch release doesn't seem to have as many cross-version breaking changes

I don't either? What do you mean when you say "backwards-breaks"?

Starting next workshop update you can create a file which overwrites the default settings that will not be overwritten. All you'll need to do is copy the cqui_settings.sql file, rename the copy to cqui_settings_my.sql, and customize to your heart's content

Fixed in the latest vanilla update

It is compatible, though, there is still new code that needs to be ported to the CQUI files

12. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

I can't even use the district icons since the Spring patch so I can't really test this. Before the patch, save was not fixing the problem.

13. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

Is this where I should be placing the cqui_settings_my.sql file?

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\workshop\content\289070\870911250\Assets

14. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

Can anyone explain what the two check boxes do on the trade panel? Repeat route does not seem to actually repeat the route.

15. Syrok

Syrok Chieftain

No others mods, but I just found that this bug happens with some conditions.

If I just build a corps/an army with no queue in production, there is no problem.
    But if I change my first production for a corps/an army then remove my first production so there is only a corps/an army in the queue production, the bug happens.

16. Stauffenberg

Stauffenberg Chieftain

I'm using this mode With the spring patch and have seen these 2 problems so far.

1. I can't purchase units in the Production menu. I see the gold cost for the unit. Those I can't afford are not greyed out. If I click on the cost I hear nothing if I click on something I can't afford. If I click on something I can afford I hear the Money spent sound, but the cost is not deducted and unit not created in the city. So it seems to be broken.

2. I see no way how I can change Production to something else. If I click on a different item it appears in the Production Queue as the next item.

Edit: for 2 I found out I can add the New item I want to produce so it appears in the Production Queue. Then I can right click on the currently produced unit to remove it from the Queue. So that seems to work afteall. However, still struggling to see how I can purchase a unit.

Edit 2: I unsubscribed to CQUI in Steam and subscribed again to force a New download. I also got rid of my original more lenses mod. Now it seems the purchase button Works. Even when running With Moar Units and YNAMP maps.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
  17. Prince Jordan

Prince Jordan Chieftain

Can you make the city icons scale to the minimap? When playing on larger maps it gets to the point where you can't see the map. Not this mod's fault, just saying. The pic below is only part of a large map, it gets to the point where the city icons cover 90% of the map. Also, is there a zoom feature of some kind? I can't figure it out. I really miss the Civ 5 mini map.
    map.png

18. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

The same thing happened to me when I tried to buy a settler in a city with a worker in the city center. Moving the worker out solved the problem. But it seems that you shouldn't hear the money sound if the unit isn't actually successfully purchased (I didn't realize until the next turn that the purchase didn't happen). I don't know if this is a problem in the base game or this mod.

19. fraggle7

fraggle7 Chieftain

I completely agree with what you're saying about the city icons on the mini map to the point I even had a quick look through the files just now and found a way to adjust the size in a file called minimap in the folder \Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\ArtDefs.

In the file you want to adjust the value on line 45 (i used notepad++)

<m_CollectionName text="Blip"/>
    <m_ReplaceMergedCollectionElements>false</m_ReplaceMergedCollectionElements>
    <Element>
    <m_Fields>
    <m_Values>
    <Element class="AssetObjects:FloatValue">
    <m_fValue>25.000000</m_fValue> <--------- This is the value that needs changing i changed it too 8.000000
    <m_ParamName text="Width"/>

This isn't a true fix just a work around as the size of the city (the blip on the minimap) on a new map is a lot smaller than normal but looks better on a map that is almost or fully explored.

As always when changing an files in a game i would copy the original file and save it somewhere safe on your computer to swap in case this causes issues (I've only tested it on a couple of saves to see the differences between the maps depending on how much has been explored and this includes mods like CQUI - A UI Overhaul.

Prince Jordan likes this.
  20. gunnergoz

gunnergoz Cat Herder

I tried a search but cannot find the answer. Is this compatible with the Civ 6 Improvements Patch Mod?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to work, the problem must lie in other mods.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017