1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

Great mod, been using it for a while now! I played a lot with the spring patch+DLCs over the weekend. A few things

1) In the later eras text disappears from popup boxes.
    2) CQUI seems to properly handle only allowing an art museum or an archaeological museum in a theater district, but it seems to have problems with barracks/stables. I was playing as Alexander so perhaps it had something to do with his unique building.

I'm using this mod in conjunction with YnAMP mod.

Thanks for all the hard work, it has made the game a lot better!

2. jonpfl

jonpfl Prince

All,

Just found out about this mod and am loving it! I am curious, is there something in this mod that will tell you "Next turn <city> will need become unhappy" because of a missing amenity?

What about housing?

Thx
    jonpfl

3. jonpfl

jonpfl Prince

All,

Anyone ever have any issues with swordsmen not healing? Not sure if this is a mod issue or not. I only have this and RED installed.

Thx
    jonpfl

4. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 Chieftain

Feature request: Some sort of message to alert that the builder will be completed in the next turn. This way I'll switch production to something else and will come back to the builder once I can put the civic card for extra 2 builds

WillowBrook likes this.
  5. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

If you don't have the strategic resource a unit requires, it cannot heal. In this case, you probably don't have access to the iron resource.

6. Rajendran

Rajendran Chieftain

Are we able to build a unit without the resource.

7. Magil

Magil Monarch

I've experienced this too, except with custom buildings that are mutually exclusive. The production queue sometimes proves problematic in these cases.

8. graffen69

graffen69 Chieftain

Still crashes almost all Load games (win 10, 3 month old comp, everything up to date, no other issues, Windows Defender turned off)
    I really wish I could play with this mod since it feels like a better version of the vanilla game.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  9. Gyrofalcon

Gyrofalcon Warlord

No issues with my games.
    Does it happens with every new game you start with only this mod active?

10. graffen69

graffen69 Chieftain

Yup, every game.
    Tested without and with only this mod plenty of times now.
    Odd thing is the crashing of loads when using this mod doesn't start til a good 20 - 50 turns into the game. Considering how much I load autosaves though it becomes unplayable.
    I prolly should mention graphics settings seems to have no effect (playing with minimal eye candy now) and always play with autosaves turned on every round.

Trying with the latest version now that is 3 kb bigger than the former (627kb); will update if anything changes.

First Update: Strike the 20-50 turns, Load crashing actually starts from the get go wither it´s autosave or regular saves (using latest version).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  11. techgiz1

techgiz1 Chieftain

On my last play through using the nightly from 4/10 I could not select another civic to research after completing the entire civics tree. So every turn after that I had to force the end of turn with Shift/Enter.

12. BlackSmokeDMax

BlackSmokeDMax Chieftain

@chaorace I could be missing it, and I apologize if I am... Maybe you could post something about the part of your post I quoted either/both in the original post here and/or the main post in the Steam Workshop. I thought I had remembered seeing this somewhere when browsing on a mobile device, but then couldn't easily find it when looking for it on my desktop. Think a TON of people would appreciate knowing about this!

13. skodkim

skodkim Deity

I'm experiencing a lot of lag problems when selecting units, especially (I think) religious units. Don't know if it's CQUI related or due to e.g. map size. Anyone else seeing this?

Using a few weeks old build (nightly). Updating is usually safe, right?

\Skodkim

14. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

I just had to disable this mod because it was making my policies screen inaccessible and blanking out my tech/culture read outs. I'm on Mac--anyone else having this problem since the update?

15. samois98

samois98 Chieftain

See https://github.com/CQUI-Org/cqui/issues/500 for full diagnosis of the issue and steps to resolve it. cqui started supporting the spring patch, but macOS and linux don't yet have that. Need to just disable that part.

16. graffen69

graffen69 Chieftain

I checked the link and none of the reported issues on that link fit my specific problem.
    Anyways, second update:
    So I tried everything I can think of;

played in Windowed and full screen mode,
    with Dx10 and Dx12 (both with/without administration mode),
    Uninstalled Avast,
    With/wihout Windows Defender,
    With/without Windows real time update,
    Played without sound (as in inactive Realtek Audio and inactive Nvidia audio, both separate),
    Verified Integrity through Steam,
    High/low graphic settings,
    Tried different versions of this mod
    Deleted cache Files

I also noticed that if I start a game and remove the mod after, but before creating a game, it plays without any mod feature but requires the mod to load saved games. Installing the mod yet again to be able to load this time around it plays with the mod features. This might be how it should behave but I thought I should mention it.

The only changes I´ve made to this almost new computer is that I´ve uninstalled Microsoft One-Drive. Also am playing without any Civ 6 DLC´s except Montezumas Aztec (default).

Almost all in-game loads (not first load) still crash the game and popup a “Firaxis Crash Reporter” with this specific mod. The mod also almost always make the game crash when exiting CIv6 to main menu/desktop with same "Crash Reporter" popup.

//Windows 10, I-5 (6600K) 3,50Ghz,8GBRAM, GeforceGTX1070

Last edited: Apr 26, 2017
  17. pbl987

pbl987 Chieftain

@chaorace

After doing research for 1,5h, i have finally found out that this mod is incompatible with Production Queue and Yet not Anothers Map Pack !

It was breaking both the city production and details panel, they disappeared. Sadly, it happened only after loading the savegame.

Could you please write a warning somewhere?

18. Helmling

Helmling Philosopher King

Thanks for the update. I think I'll just hold off for a fix instead of wading into the files myself. I see the text string to use, but am not sure where to use it.

19. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

Has anyone had the issue of accidentally buying tiles? I have been using this mod for a while, but yesterday I had to reload half a dozen times because I accidentally clicked a tile purchase when I was trying to slide the screen around in the city editor.

I would really like some kind of "are you sure" popup if the cost of the tile is above some threshold like 10% of your gold or something.

20. Guynemer

Guynemer King

Production Queue is included in CQUI itself.