1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. jbxx

jbxx Chieftain

Many thanks. checked my C drive and found Steam workshop with this mod .btw pleased to see it was updated a few days ago!
    I did indeed have a copy in my dlc (now deleted) - I did notice that this was disabled (in Add Content) and it was not possible to enable. Also noticed a couple of mods that needed deleting as they were included.
    in this mod. I am hoping to get my city banners (showing districts built) back and it would be nice to find the unit upgrade returns.

2. guspin

guspin Chieftain

nop

only manual version and the mod worked fine. after the australia dlc stop working

3. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 Chieftain

Has the latest version of BTS (3.1.2) been added to this mod ?

4. Kaushal Patel

Kaushal Patel Chieftain

Sorry I am posting again, but I didn't get a response last time. I can't group up the trade routes in the Trade Routes screens by origin or Destination. Is this is a known bug or am I just doing it wrong? 1.png 2.png

5. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

If I update to the latest daily build, that will screw up my current game, right?

6. techgiz1

techgiz1 Chieftain

I do not know for this latest nightly build but for most nightly builds it will not screw up your current game. Just keep a copy of the previous build to revert back to if it does.

7. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

The last time I updated, my current game went a little nutty. China declared war, but Viking units attacked. Chinese units were friendly. All diplomacy showed that, yes, I was at war with China. At peace with Vikingdom.
    So, I blamed it on updating to new daily build. I plan to update between games, just for the warm fuzzy.

8. ViterboKnight

ViterboKnight King

Why aren't they just merging this mod into the official game???

9. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 Chieftain

Is there any way to disable the auto-application of religion lens when a religious unit is selected ? I can't see a damn thing

10. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Definitely still sounds like a mod conflict. Try removing everything except CQUI and starting a brand new game

Sounds like you were on the OSX/Linux version, which didn't update to Australian patch until recently. Does the mod work for you now?

Not yet, it's planned

Unsure, will test

No

Code quality concerns (doing things the right way instead of just plastering the feature on top of cobbled together functionality), localization concerns (needing to translate all of this stuff to every supported language), and concerns about UI clutter (do these new UI changes make the UI too confusing for new players? Yes, I'm well aware of the Hearthstone meme, but Civ is a gateway game designed from the core to appeal to first-time strategy players. There is a careful balance Firaxis needs to maintain in order to craft a non-intimidating new player experience. Fortunately, I don't need to cater to that concern!)

Check the lense menu under settings

11. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 Chieftain

There is option for archaeologists, builder and scout but not religious units. Both the game and CQUI are fully updated. What can be the issue here ?

12. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Oh I see! I'm pretty sure that's just the way the vanilla game works actually. We can work on a feature for disabling that functionality, but I don't think we've added that

Hitesh12 likes this.
  13. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 Chieftain

Please do add it ! It is a highly requested feature (on here and reddit)

14. Jan 'Briz0wn' Brezina

Jan 'Briz0wn' Brezina Chieftain

15. PendragonWRB

PendragonWRB Prince

Are the trade route repeat buttons supposed to work? I think I have tried every combination, but it seems my routes rarely (if ever) repeat. Whenever I look in the trade tab, only the routes I just started show the repeat indicator, none of the existing routes EVER shows the repeat tab.

Separately, I have seen a strange bug my last two games with an encampment header in the middle of the ocean. Is this a CQUI or game bug? This is certainly new since the Aussie Summer patch, but I have played these last two games with CQUI as well. (I don't think I saw it the one vanilla game I played after patch.)

16. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

I'm not sure if this is a CQUI bug or not. I've been using the mod for a while. I updated to the latest daily build and started a new game. Now I see this.

Some units won't automatically explore or follow their 'go to' instructions. One scout would not explore until he was out in some plains and had moved 2 out of 3. Then, he happily explored. A warrior won't explore at all. He must be moved every time. An archer was given a 'go to' for about 6 tiles. He got a few tiles and stopped. When these units get in this state, they stop seem to get confused about the route they are supposed to take. I think they might be moving 0 tiles because of a bug in route selection. But, that's a guess.

Anyone have any ideas?

17. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 Chieftain

Is there any option to show city overlap only for my own cities ?

18. Markus5

Markus5 Code Monkey

Much better now. I used Steam to check my file integrity and found some problems. Even when fixed, the problems seemed baked into my game. I ended up rage-quitting because of the problems and some horrible bad luck. The new game is playing much better, but not as interesting, yet.

19. ViterboKnight

ViterboKnight King

Question: how can i Purchase with gold or faith in cities, with this mod?

20. Hitesh12

Hitesh12 Chieftain

Just click on the "amount followed by the faith or gold sign" clickable icon in the production menu