1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. jacks0n

jacks0n Chieftain

Don't know if I understand you correctly. You would have to take a look at the files in the mod folder.
    For example in MapPinPopup.lua, at the top there's a line ICON_DISTRICT_HOLY_SITE (among others), which adds the district icons to the popup.

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

@jacks0n Hmmm, I had V0.51 and it didn't have any of the MapPin files, but I just d/l V0.6 and they are there. Odd... Anyway, thank you, that's what I was looking for! :thumbsup:

3. jacks0n

jacks0n Chieftain

There is still a bug though, which makes the district icons appear very dark. Only occurs for certain civs though, didn't get behind what exactly causes it yet. :(
    So you might ahve to grab the files in a future release again.

4. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Smaller settings like these are planned for when I finally get around to adding a persistent settings menu. For the most part, I'm waiting to see how other modders do it, building on the shoulders of giants and what-not.

Good idea! By the way, the map pinning enhancements came courtesy of jacks0n. He's also prowling this thread, so I'd like to just throw out a kudos to him for his hard work.

Yes, the ToggleYieldIcons function in the the MinimapPanel.lua file will do the trick nicely. Just stick that into the bottom of the Initialize function in the same file and you should be golden

And I as well! Expect that soonish, as I don't anticipate it being difficult to implement.

Littlebob86 likes this.
  5. Rapsynrev

Rapsynrev Chieftain

Any chance a GPPs are still on the agenda (please!) :)

6. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Thanks for the reminder, I neglected to put that on the issue tracker, which is something I'm going to remedy right now

7. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks for the update! :run:

8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Alrigthy then.
    Gonna push my luck a little bit further if you don't mind. :)
    Three more (picked from the Goverments switch panel) just for kicks...

I really feel the "Communism Fist" + "Democratic VoteBox" + "Fascist FingerPointer" could bring some good visual punches to the concept. ;)

9. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

The sky's the limit when it comes to icons for the pin menu! These are fine suggestions and I'll see about getting them added, let me know if you see any other useful icons

10. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

I'll be a bit contrarian, I like the new icons because they represent the districts, but I don't want to have to go through a thousand icons to find something. I'm not not sure how labeling a tile with a government policy icon provides any useful visual information for a tile that can't be served by one of the many available icons.

11. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

I'm aware that there's a healthy middle-ground to be achieved between the current offering and the unwieldy sprawl that, say, emojis present. Rest assured, you'll never have to use a scrollbar in the pin creation menu, I'm just looking to fill the currently empty space where around 8-10 additional icons could be inserted. If, in the future, more useful icons than the current offering present themselves, I will not just be sticking more and more icons into the menu, there will be a sane limit and, when appropriate, some icons may be replaced by those deemed more useful

BlackSmokeDMax likes this.
  12. jadel

jadel Warlord

The H to heal (that was so hard to find) doesnt seem to work :(

It does something, but I think just skips turn.

oh and is it possible to make an edit to default to enhanced keybinds?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  13. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Looks like we found the successor to EUI for Civ5. :thumbsup:

Even when you click on the "fortify until healed" button it will sometimes ask you for input the next turn without any mod so you might have encountered a Vanilla bug/glitch/oversight

chaorace likes this.
  14. jacks0n

jacks0n Chieftain

I'm in the same boat, I just don't see how these particular pins would be helpful and what exactly they would be representing. I thought about adding the "found city" icon, which clearly shows what's it supposed to display.
    Nevertheless, I think pins for certain wonders would be really helpful, since many of them can only be placed in specific locations and some have a range, giving bonuses to cities around them. Don't know if the wonder's icons wowuld be easily identifiable though.

15. Baleur

Baleur Prince

This might be a really weird minor thing to request, but could you also mod in a "Turn Starts" bar fading in and out on the screen once your turn begins again?
    I really miss this from Civ4 and Civ5, just seeing that nice "Cleopatra - Egyptian Empire, 1200AD" with your empire icon next to the name each time your turn starts.

Kinda perplexes me that the devs completely forgot to include a "hey dufus, its your turn!" notification like this, when its been in all previous games.
    If you play with auto-unit cycle off, sometimes you dont notice the little round icon in the bottom right changing to "unit needs orders" without ANY sound notification what so ever that your turn began xD

Edit: this
    http://www.ericsbinaryworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Civ5Screen0016.png

16. jadel

jadel Warlord

I dont know about that, Im up to 121 hours played now and Ive never seen that happen whereas with the new "H" it happens 100% of the time.

17. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

The Amenities framework with the newest "Bubbles/Symbols" with overlayed values is quite nice & reasonable UI principle.
    You might as well try making another with Housing too... no?

(PS; SDK should give us all access to some extra custom HUD resources, btw)

18. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

Yeah, I'm gonna have to work on H. Stay tuned for my epic struggle with that

I have full faith in jacks0n's vision for the pin creation panel. You guys are gonna love his new additions when you get a chance to see them

I think that shouldn't be too hard to achieve, there's already a little ribbon popup for that in MP, I think it ought to be as simple as removing a check for it to work in SP.

That's not a bad idea, noted.

19. Carbo__

Carbo__ Chieftain

Would be a handy feature to add the enable/disable of more features. Mostly I miss the Builder recommendations. Makes it quick and easy to see what to build next and where.

20. Seek

Seek Deity Supporter

I put in a request on the QUI thread yesterday, haven't gotten a response yet, so maybe this is a better place to ask: can the tooltips for builder improvements be made to reflect tech and pantheon yield changes? Currently they only show base yields and adjacency bonuses, if any. Thanks!:)