1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

CQUI - A UI Overhaul (Now out on Steam Workshop!)

Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

1. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Well i "only" have about 100 hours but had this happen several times already without the mod. Also when a unit "wakes" from a fortify until healed (because it's at full health), there is no way you can order it to "fortify" indefinitely, you have to move it first :dunno: (again, with no mods). The entire "fortify until healed" seems to behave strangely at times so maybe there is an issue with the hotkey or maybe the issue is with the underlying function.

Something i just noticed. When you right-click on the minimap to change it's size, if you have a unit selected, it will also issue a move order to the unit. Might be an issue with the main map below also receiving commands. It's quite annoying.

It would also be nice to have an option for azerty keyboards (those should use ZQSD instead of WASD and AE instead of QE). My Lua is a bit rusted, is there a way to map keystrokes to the physical position of the key rather than the letter? Otherwise it would require a 4th bindings set. I already edited my copy but ideally both options should be available.
    A hotkey to cycle the minimap between hidden-reduced-enlarged could also be handy.

I might look into this if you want, although i've never really used GitHub before so maybe you'd have done it before i even understand how to contribute.

2. hermes11

hermes11 Chieftain

I actually looked into fixing this, as far as I can tell, even in Vanilla, if you right click over the map it will move your unit. The problem is that right clicking on a map in Vanilla has no functionality, while right clicking on the map in CQUI has a purpose.

I am not a Civ modding expert, but there would need to be some way to "capture" the mouseclick to tell it to only change the map size and not do anything else. I couldn't find mention of any function to do that.

3. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

The minimap is a weird case and it has behavior pretty unique to just itself. I think the easiest solution is to just deselect all units
    Not really, unfortunately. The way keyboards get handled gets more and more bizarre the deeper you dive in terms of abstraction (in general, not just civ). Ultimately it's going to require someone with an azerty keyboard to create them manually. I think the best implementation would be to add a single azerty checkbox that affects the handling of the existing modes, as opposed to adding new azerty variants of the modes to the popout. By the way, it's not all that uncommon for new CQUI contributors to be new to using Github! It's a common enough occurrence that I've written a guide for project newcomers here

The minimap issue may prove to be a bit of a tribulation, it's pretty unique in terms of UI elements! The easiest solution would be to just deselect all units when right clicking the minimap, but that obviously has the side effect of deselecting all units...

4. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

5. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

I'll ask about adding the Unit Report Screen and Civilopedia on Main Menu mods. The Restart Button mod has had enough issue reports that I'd like to wait a while before picking it up, it's just a matter of stability.

6. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

Appreciated!

Yea, I saw the reports on the Reset Button after I posted my request. While it'd be useful for testing mods, yea... stability is a wee bit more important. :)

Keep up the fantastic work!

7. EnderA

EnderA Chieftain

Am I the only one for whom the new district pin icon's are appearing just pure black on the map? They appear fine everywhere else.

8. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

Nope, me too. But as @jacks0n already stated:
    Spoiler :

9. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@EnderA, this is caused by an indirect schema that makes layering of colors based on whatever civ you happen to be using.. so, if there isn't a pre-defined Alpha channel (or properly declared R-or-G-or-B setting slot) for the custom Pins resource itself, any such extra symbols simply aren't responding to the required auto-recoloring process.

About that "Civilopedia on Main Menu" mod (there's another version here too, btw).. i wouldn't integrate it just yet as i feel Firaxis should add that same feature on their next patch. I cross-fingers they'll also officially make their own "Reset-Button" (and possibly even better reseeding controls) function.
    Matter of patience, i guess. ;)

10. Mynex

Mynex Warlord

"Patience? Yea, yea. How long will that take?"
    -- Tae Kwon Leap

The reset button issues may be fixed from the looks of it.

There, there's my response to the above post! :D

11. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

That was just to somewhat prevent @chaorace from being overwhelmed by special requests? Cuz, ya know -- i *DO* have my own precious little hidden agenda -- too. ;)

Thus... while i'm on the subject.
    Have you found some spare time to start developping my suggestion (Post #23) for the Scoring/Boxes (6 value types per civ) in the World-Ranking panel?? Cuz, i've finally started an epic game against 8+ AI (Steam achievements hunt is almost over anyway) and that Panel always pushes the last ugly taller areas on a scroll mess i'd rather get rid of with my compressed solution.

-- Two magicians pull a few rabbits out of a CivFanatics-Thread!! :D

12. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Might have another small mockup about Post #38 later on also, btw.
    It might very well be possible to spare another 8/14 pixels for each panels (9x12=108, btw!)... that would actually be enough to maintain your wide(r) framework as is -- i think.

-- We're splitting the Atom here, ya know!! :cool:

13. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

I've yet to start working on your suggestion, unfortunately. Anytime I get free time I look at my list of things to do... and often times something really important just kind of jumps to the front. Integrating Divine Yuri's City Panel mod was what ate my attention today since it's been requested so frequently and that specifically actually took quite a few man-hours to implement in a satisfying way, but now that's one more task off the list and the world ranking panel is getting closer to breaking soil. I apologize if I'm keeping you in suspense, but rest assured that it's not forgotten!

14. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

Gotcha.. feel free to set whatever priorities as you wish. I was just "passing by" to stir (or boil over) my soup of hopes for even more better UI stuff from ya!
    BTW, i do have Divine Yuri's City/Panel & BTS & Ace's CityPlot .. installed already! Eventually i'll have to jump on the Hyper-Train too. ;)

A custom Great-People screen alternative would be icing on a big cake for me.. since that's what stops me from installing your cool assets while they all smoothly come together as a complex yet simple package.

Keep up the excellent work. We really like what you can design, think of or "assemble" as a cohesive HUD device -- magically.

15. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

I understand why you're a bit skeptical of my just grabbing up UI mods like I am, but there is a rhyme/reason to it. For example, Ace's Cityplot mod and DY's Citypanel mods have some feature overlap where they both display bordergrowth information. By maintaining a mod that includes both of them, I was able to remove the duplicated functionality from DY's Citypanel, freeing up space and making it look more clean, while also moving some of the unique functionality from DY's implementation to Ace's. The end result is that there's more screen real-estate on the citypanel to work with, while also providing the opportunity to improve the Cityplot mod with some hard numbers in the tooltip, which is a feature direct from DY's citypanel

jlc22 likes this.
  16. mnf

mnf King

Absolutely love the way city view is done. IMO the vanilla style feels more like an eager attempt to do something new so desperately they forgot that usability beats newy-ness any day. :D

Just a humble wish about making the right-mouse button more useful. For example using mouse right-click to close:

- Wonder discoveries
    - Tech and Civic trees
    - Civilopedia
    - Diplomacy screen
    - Government screen
    - Religion screen
    - Victory conditions/city-state diplomacy etc. panels

Basically, aiming to make Civ playable efficiently with just the mouse, minimizing mouse movement.

17. chaorace

chaorace Warlord

I'm 8 days ahead of you on that idea. It's definitely in the pipeline

ERMTony and mnf like this.
  18. biship

biship Warlord

Wow this is brilliant - thanks for the effort (and for keeping github up-to-date!).

19. jacks0n

jacks0n Chieftain

The color of map pins is just fine when, for example, I save a Lua class and the whole class gets initialized again. Black pins are suddenly displayed correctly,its basically "only" the new ones which cause problems. Still looking into it.

Last information was that mods for the main menu don't work, so a civilopedia in the main menu wouldn't really be feasible.

20. 2evster48

2evster48 Chieftain

Great mod, adds a lot of the UI stuff that should have been in from day one. My continuing frustration is the production completion announcement which is always one behind the thing you've just completed - it makes managing a large empire impossible as it's easy to forget what you built the turn before last in your 12th city! Is this fixable via this mod or is it something the devs have to sort out?