1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DaNES II: When the Stars Fall

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Dachs, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

And if Dachs doesn't show up tonight, then he won't show up tomorrow, and thus my predicament! :cry:

2. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

well I hate to say it, but thats when you write if/then statements in your orders.

Oh well.

3. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

OOC: Send a PM to him then guys.

4. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

I've already sent a PM to him around midday yesterday. Dachs where are you :(

We miss you!

5. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

To: Seong Wang of the Kingdom of Jin-guk

We send tidings of affection, peace and trade from our court to yours and desire an exchange of embassies that communications between us be frequent, friendly and without error.

6. Azale

Azale Deity

To: Empress Suiko of Yamato

It was the pinnacle of my time on this Earth that this bonding of our people should be affirmed. There should be no room for conflict between the Yamato and the Jin-Guk. Let us exchange diplomatic pleasantries and ambassadors without further haste!

7. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

Orders sent.

8. conehead234

conehead234 Braves on the Warpath

Orders coming, I guess the Chola Player isn't around.

9. ~Darkening~

~Darkening~ Weep, Mother.

The Arkah of Armenia, who can certainly continue to afford war, rebukes the lustful Nikandros of Seleukeia. The fact is that it was he who started this conflict, and it shall be he who ends up paying for it in the end. There be no wavering on the issue of monetary payment, seeing that all the Arkah seeks is enough to replace what was drained. As for the issue of land, there is little room for cession- a bit, but not much. The only offer the Arkah is willing to accept is presented below. Otherwise, we shall indeed continue for another season- and we will see who will emerge victorious.

Spoiler :

10. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

Due to extenuating circumstances and the absence of Dachs, the Son of Heaven hereby moves for the extension of the order deadline by twenty four hours.

11. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Lame. Grow a pair. Send orders or suffer the konsequenkes.

12. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

Says the mod who might update in 2013, if we're lucky.

13. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

Given wiser counsel, the Son of Heaven has decided he now violently opposes any talk of extension. The hammer shall fall when it must fall!

14. Espoir

Espoir Warlord

The Ierophantos of Pantikapaion will attend, as well many of the leitores of Kimmeria. We expect ourselves to be acknowledged by our proper titles.

15. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

OOC: Protip, Ierophantai is plural.

16. Espoir

Espoir Warlord

OOC: We're so important we have two.

17. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

On the subject of ideal orders format:

Please try to head your orders PM with a name that indicates the NES, turn number, and which state you are playing. Titles such as 'DaNES II Update 4 Nanyue Orders' work very well.

It would make my life much easier if every orders PM included the player's current stats at the top.

I don't particularly care what order you divide your PMs into, though spending information should probably be at the top. Please denote all of the line items on which you are spending money in one place, as well as the amount of money you intend to spend on each. It is much faster for me than writing what amounts to a story in your orders PM and then hiding the budget inside it.

Please at least attempt to group your actions roughly by theme, and if possible indicate at what time during the five-year update you want to see something done. 'Domestic Orders', 'Military Orders', 'Diplomatic Orders', and so on make very good headings.

Much like your fiscal orders, I would very much prefer that you provide at least a vague OOB (order of battle) for your armies. Indicate how many troops are deployed where, and, perhaps, for what purpose. Please account for all of your troops and all expected troops.

On a related note, it has come to my attention that a lot of people are spending an outrageous amount of money on espionage. A single Attic silver talent is a lot of money; you could easily run an internal security service of some kind as well as a sizable number of hired spies and assassins on a budget of ten to twenty talents, though of course things would vary, with such prices probably being lower in China and higher in Western Europe. You will not receive very many concrete benefits from a well-funded espionage service even if you are spending a proper sum on it, and rapidly diminishing returns will plague anybody who attempts to overspend on same.
    In part because I haven't been here to answer player questions in a fairly question-intensive NES, but mostly because my Wednesday has disappeared due to certain academic concerns, I'm going to have to push the deadline back a week. Also, I had unaccountably left the Indian stats un-updated; this will be remedied within a few minutes of this post's posting. (Check the update, too.) And I'll try to answer everybody's question PMs before I go to bed, and to get on IRC eventually to get bombarded there.

Sorry, folks, for having such a volatile schedule. :cringe: Hopefully things are still moving rapidly and well-moderated enough to keep everybody's interest.

To everybody who sent me an orders PM: resend your orders.
    In theory. In practice, Azale would need to send orders to be playing Jin; he can certainly claim them, as he seems to have done, but I can't enact plans he may have concocted without an orders PM received by next Wednesday. That also means that any agreements you or anybody else may have reached with him are null and void unless he sends them to me in an orders PM. Agreements reached in the thread, even if they are publicly posted, are not final unless they are included in all parties' orders.
    They're open for you to send orders, so long as you actually do send orders. :) My current policy is to accept newcomers to states on a first-come, first-served basis, but to regard the state they pick up as NPCed if they fail to send orders during their first turn. States led by NESers who have had the foresight to send orders at least once have a one-update grace period, i.e. I will not NPC their state unless they drop orders twice in a row. This policy has had very clear drawbacks in India, where I have received a grand total of perhaps five paragraphs over the course of three turns from the leaders of two sizable states at war with each other. It's very much visible in the updates.
    To be fair, Thlayli and Bill haven't posted the elaborate orthodox Sophist doctrine they've hashed out on IRC in between Thlayli's snits about IRC. They should be using this council as a showcase for that stuff, if it wasn't already the plan.

18. spryllino

spryllino Deity

Revised Treaty of Artemita

The Seleukids cede to Armenia the northern part of the territory currently occupied by Armenian forces (See the map that Armenia just posted).

The Seleukid Basileus pays the Areian Basileus 2000 talents.

The Seleukid Basileus pays the Armenian Basileus 500 talents.

The Seleukids are to recognise Areian rights to Susiane, Persis, and Karmania.

The Seleukids cede to Areia, as shown on the map, the Eastern bank of the Tigris as far South as Artemita, including Artemita; the Seleukids also cede the coastal areas of Susiane that they rule to Areia. (See the map that Armenia just posted.)

The Seleukids will not pay the Hellenoarabic poleis along the Persian Gulf to attack Areian or Patalan shipping.

The Seleukids will not try to assert any form of sovereignty over these said Hellenoarabic poleis.

Signed Basileus Platon of Areia

19. Kal'thzar

Kal'thzar Deity

That is reasonable then; so the peace treaty as it stands would be

1. The Seleukids cede to Armenia all the territory currently shown on the above map

2. The Seleukids cede to Areia, as shown on the map.

3. The Seleukid Basileus pays the Arkat of Armenia 500 talents.

4. The Seleukid Basileus pays the Areian Basileus 1500 talents.

EDIT: As I understand it my court is satisfied with this or rather, willing to accept this. Meaning its an appropriate treaty.

20. Tree151

Tree151 Warlord

Although most of the Aksumite Empire is Jewish, as a token of good will towards the Sophist population of the empire, and towards the Perseid Empire, we will send the leaders of the Sophist movements in Aksum and Aksumite Arabia (Quraysh) to attend the Council of Antioch.