1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DaNES II: When the Stars Fall

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by Dachs, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

@Theige: Well same as before. Get out of Walhia and we have peace. Shouldn't be a big deal since you barely have any of it anyway.

2. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Archiereus it is, boss, if no one has any objections. (Wouldn't be opposed to protoiereus or hyperiereus for separate subcategories either.)

3. Dachs

Dachs Hero of the Soviet Union

Orders are due in less than 24 hours.

Also, Chaonia agrees to the Perseid/Mak peace treaty proposal.

4. alex994

alex994 Hail Divine Emperor!

OOC: Orders will hopefully not be late.

5. The Strategos

The Strategos Thanatos

@Shadowbound: I hope you saw that per last turn's treaty, you owe me (Yang) 50 gold this turn.

@Dachs: Yang should have 3 prestige, not 1 as in the stats. I gained +2 in update 3 and +1 in update 4

A Proclamation to the Peoples of Houqin and All Under Heaven

As the rebellious man, self styled "Prince of Houqin," has refused to heed our merciful decree that he be stripped of all titles and placed in exile, we hereby decree that his name be blotted out from all records and memory. Our merciful judgment of exile has elapsed under his continued defiance of Heaven's Will, and instead a sentence of death has been passed. Anyone who brings to us the head of this rebel will receive the princely sum of 20 talents, as well as gaining a full pardon for any crimes committed.

To: The Rightful Prince of Houqin

In order to more effectively bring the rebellion against your rule to the justice their actions demand, we hereby send our general Lu Hao with an army to serve with you until such a time as the people of Houqin have been ordered according to Heaven's Decree.

6. spryllino

spryllino Deity

IC:

King Platon is marrying into his own aristocracy. All are invited to send representatives to the wedding if they want to.

King Platon also makes public the renewal of the alliance with Armenia.

OOC:

Orders sent.

Kappadokia should have 1 prestige according to the last update. EDIT: Also, should it really be quite that rich? It's a small, mountainous area whose revenues have probably been very depleted by the military expenditure of the Pisidian state, and it's nearly as rich as Armenia?

7. Theige

Theige American Baron

We demand 50 talents, and in exchange we will withdraw from the lands north of the Garumna River.

To: The Aorsi

It would seem you have little to gain but much to lose from continued conflict with the armies of Iberia; you also appear to have far riper targets elsewhere. We desire peace.

8. Reno

Reno The Studio Ghibli Fanatic

To: Iberia

If you reach peace with Walhia, we shall also agree to peace.

9. Adrogans

Adrogans Quiet Laughter...

To: Iberia

Demand away, Our terms are withdraw and its over. You started this you bit off more than you could chew. Leave and the endless bleeding of our people is over.

To: Aorsi

We thank you for your support.

10. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

I would like to remind people (including myself) that the update is due in an hour (EST is in daylight's saving's time now {EDT} so it's +4 GMT, not +5 GMT)

edit: math fart, but http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/ for proof

11. Yui108

Yui108 Deity

update, or orders?

12. Dachs

Orders. I wanted to leave myself a window to get home after class.

Prominent delinquents atm: Theige, Reno, Bill, ~Darkening~, Tree, conehead, Anonymoose, Azale, alex, Birdjag.

13. Ninja Dude

Ninja Dude Sorry, I wasn't listening...

What? Dude, I sent orders. I'll look in my sent box just to make sure though.

Edit: Yep, second PM I sent was my orders.

14. Dachs

Oh whoa okay they're wayyyy down the list. MY BAD

15. Kraznaya

Kraznaya Princeps

Dachs WHY ARE YOU HERE AND NOT ON #NES

#NES IS YOUR HOME MANG YOU'RE NOT EVEN UPDATING

16. Dachs

Wonderful. India is practically empty. Again. Even putting the over-under at 2 order sets received wasn't enough, apparently.

Other than that, we're more or less good to go...be back later, commence wild speculation at will.

17. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

wait i think maybe you may wnat to disregard my orders.

18. Birdjaguar

Birdjaguar Hanafubuki Super Moderator Supporter

In the Palace of Emperor Tenaka sometime in the future….

Master, why must I know bees make honey, that the snow melts to fill our rivers and lakes and that birds do not sing at night?

Young Lord, The first two will make you a wise ruler; the last will permit you to rule wisely for many years.

How can that be so, master?

Do you know the story of Empress Suiko? Ten generations ago she ruled all Nippon with the guidance of the leaders of the Soga clan. In those days the clans were stronger and Empress Suiko was the first to bring order to all the peoples of the islands. The court was small and primitive by our modern standards, but it was a beginning. In 622 there was discontent among the clans because the elders put their clan above their nation and themselves above their Empress. These elders knew only war and call to battle to establish their greatness. The Empress was wiser and struggled to change such thoughts. Now the young sons of the elders had learned of the court and spent time there under the beneficence of Suiko; they understood her ways and the vision she had for all people of Yamato and the greatness that was to be.

But evil lurked in the hearts of her enemies. They concocted plans to slay her and those who provided good council to her and those at court. And in the spring when the gardens ran red with cherry blossoms, they struck. Six assassins entered the palace like a gentle breeze and made their ways through the royal rooms seeking first the Empress. Suiko slumbered in dreams of pink and white and showers of petals. Into those dreams came the sound of birds singing sweet songs of love and remembrance. In a deep corner of the Empress’s mind came the thought: I am asleep and dreaming and birds don’t sing at night! What can that noise be! With a start she awoke. The lovely dream faded, but the singing birds persisted. Her mind came alert and her hand crept to the dagger at her bedside. The “birdsongs” were coming from the corridor leading to her room. With each step taken the floors “chirped” their song.

With her free hand, Suiko struck the servant’s gong loud and repeatedly. In the flurry of commotion that followed she hid in her room. Two assassins were killed and four captured. Over the next days, interrogations led to investigations and more interrogations and riders went forth from Keishi to Sago, Kasai, Taira, and Gamō. The circle of conspiracy widened and so began the great purge of the Fading Flowers. As those responsible were unmasked, it became clear the aging warlords and generals of Sago and Taira clans were behind the assassination attempts. They had sought a return to the old ways of clan against clan and renown through victory over one’s neighbor. In their opposition to Buddhism they wanted to return to the old religions of their ancestors and with their deaths that path was closed off for all time. By the end of summer, 42 lords were dead and 9 castles destroyed. As the fear subsided, confidence returned and the court of the Empress once again regaled in the pleasures of orderliness and civility. The power of Sago was broken, but not its influence; in its weakened state, Suiko place more of her trust in those who had served her well. Taira was a shell of its former self, but firmly loyal. Gamō had been fiercely loyal and so was rewarded and given a free hand against the Hayato of the south. And so from the evil of wicked men came the benefits of change and the prosperity of wisdom.

And that, young Lord, is why it is important to remember that birds do not sing at night. Shall we continue our lesson in the garden?

19. conehead234

conehead234 Braves on the Warpath

Dropping this, can't really get interested in India.

20. Karalysia

Karalysia Deity

i call dibs on pala for next turn.