Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems like the optimal solution to me: Make the Byzzies a Greek conditional respawn that only happens if Greece is dead (obviously) and Rome controls the area. Then also make it so that if the Byzzies respawn post-Nationalism, it's as Greece.

This seems like the optimal solution to me: Make the Byzzies a Greek conditional respawn that only happens if Greece is dead (obviously) and Rome controls the area. Then also make it so that if the Byzzies respawn post-Nationalism, it's as Greece.

The byzies are already added and i think they are doing well; taking them out will just be extra work. My suggestion is to add a minor Hungary, Bulgaria or Romania. These kingdoms could really spice up the Ottoman-European Wars. Hungary is the best but i dont think theres much room for it

Version 1.72 is out now. You can either download the complete files here or apply the patch you get here (only 15MB). The patch only works if you run 1.71 or one of the following revisions (63+).

Features:
Spoiler :
  • excluded Sirajis from Arabian flip
  • part of the Arabian units and settlers spawn in Baghdad and Cairo
  • AI Arabian capital gets moved to Cairo or Baghdad in 650 AD
  • extended the Russian historical area to the Ukraine to encourage the conquest of Kiev
  • changed the Roman UP so that units can't spawn on islands anymore
  • Byzantium now only spawns when Greece is dead or Rome controls at least one city in its core
  • Italy now only spawns when at least half of the Italian cities are independent (usually either Rome or Venice not conquered yet)
  • Former city garrisons get pushed out before they flip to Italy to avoid that they become a military power
  • reduced the probability of 600 AD preplaced cities to get razed
  • changed Abu Bakr's personality to focus on science as well
  • preplaced Naples in 600 AD
  • Tripolis and Benghazi are independent in 600 AD now
  • fixed unique GP names
  • added Ethiopian and Khmer GP names, expanded Portuguese GP names (credit to JiimBV)
  • forced reborn AI civs to found a new city
  • moved sheep from Mecca to Baghdad
  • moved fish in the North Sea to be accessible to Amsterdam only (also discourage Aarhus)
  • rebirth civs now found a new city on their rebirth plot if possible (you'll see Florence more often)
  • Rome is now excluded from the Italian rebirth flip
  • added a Safavid rebirth for Persia in 1500 AD in Esfahan (no new unique assets)
  • new Persian leaders: Abbas I, Khomeini
  • new Italian leader: Cavour, replacing Victor Emmanuel
  • Netherlands now found larger cities with more buildings
  • all civilizations now start with appropriate civics and state religions if applicable

Version 1.72 is out now. You can either download the complete files here or apply the patch you get here (only 15MB). The patch only works if you run 1.71 or one of the following revisions (63+).

Features:
Spoiler :
  • excluded Sirajis from Arabian flip
  • part of the Arabian units and settlers spawn in Baghdad and Cairo
  • AI Arabian capital gets moved to Cairo or Baghdad in 650 AD
  • extended the Russian historical area to the Ukraine to encourage the conquest of Kiev
  • changed the Roman UP so that units can't spawn on islands anymore
  • Byzantium now only spawns when Greece is dead or Rome controls at least one city in its core
  • Italy now only spawns when at least half of the Italian cities are independent (usually either Rome or Venice not conquered yet)
  • Former city garrisons get pushed out before they flip to Italy to avoid that they become a military power
  • reduced the probability of 600 AD preplaced cities to get razed
  • changed Abu Bakr's personality to focus on science as well
  • preplaced Naples in 600 AD
  • Tripolis and Benghazi are independent in 600 AD now
  • fixed unique GP names
  • added Ethiopian and Khmer GP names, expanded Portuguese GP names (credit to JiimBV)
  • forced reborn AI civs to found a new city
  • moved sheep from Mecca to Baghdad
  • moved fish in the North Sea to be accessible to Amsterdam only (also discourage Aarhus)
  • rebirth civs now found a new city on their rebirth plot if possible (you'll see Florence more often)
  • Rome is now excluded from the Italian rebirth flip
  • added a Safavid rebirth for Persia in 1500 AD in Esfahan (no new unique assets)
  • new Persian leaders: Abbas I, Khomeini
  • new Italian leader: Cavour, replacing Victor Emmanuel
  • Netherlands now found larger cities with more buildings
  • all civilizations now start with appropriate civics and state religions if applicable

downloaded this and everytime i choose a civ my game crashes

Patch or complete version?

I absolutely can't reproduce this. Do you get an error message or is it a blank CTD? And when exactly does it happen? Don't you even get to start a game?

just to reassure you, its fine for me.

Im having the same problem: right when i load the game and the dawn of man text is about to come up the game crashes.

BTW: It seems that the Arabs always get their capital movd to Cairo never Baghdad (from previous version)

yeah it crushes at the time where the dawn of man text should be.

Does it happen with all civilizations? With which did you try it?

It's 50-50 for Baghdad and Cairo. You were just lucky :)

Byzantium work fine for me. try downloading again?

The current SVN revision is exactly 1.72. So every revision before that worked for you?

All of the civs make my game crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom