Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get a python error saying that global name pKorea isn't defined.

Victory.py - line 898, 2027

Latest revision, 95.

Have i missed something or is Italy removed, because they do not spawn in my games. Have played several games today and no italians :/

And i'm only able to play one turn of the persian respawn.
The Italians don't appear if somebody else controls northern Italy.

On the Persians, do you get an error message or and immediate CTD? Have you enabled logging? If so, PythonErr and PythonDbg would be interesting.

I get a python error saying that global name pKorea isn't defined.

Victory.py - line 898, 2027

Latest revision, 95.
Thanks, it's fixed in the current revision.

i only get ctd when i play as a civ that started at 600, if i load as the dutch i can swap to persia without any problem.

ah okey that explains alot with the italians, thx :)

Do you have logging enabled? (In the Civ4_config file).

Leoreth,
I really need to tell you,
please add more starting unit to Italia!

In my 2 games, one as Inca switching Italy, one as Ottoman get notification Italy independence.

-> Inca switching Italy

All went as usual and fine,
Start with 3 Pikeman 3 (forgot) and 2 Longbowman.
Rome at 100% Fortification, decided not to attack it.
Lots of French and HRE stacked troops near Rome, perhaps waiting each other to attack first.
French suddenly declare war on me.
French capture Fiorenze easily with their promoted, stacked lots of troops (and Mercenaries)
I WB Fiorenza back
Not so long after that, Byzantine declare war on me. Sank my couple Venetian galley away.
I got exiled to Vikings.
Got message Venetia captured by French.
Few turns after, Byzantine collapsed (They already unstable when they met me)

-> Italy as Ottoman
First turn, got message, Italian cities have declared blablabla...
Third turn, check in WB. Firenze, Venetia, Rom and Neapel under HRE.
Lots of HRE and French troops in Italian heartland.

Also, how about making that Italy will always spawn even if HRE or German control Venetia etc?
Perhaps, we could add Italy to fill the Romans in 600AD

And since you're working on Asia now, how about adding Mughal as well? To counterbalance the Safavid.

Really nice features in the latest SVN version, especially the Silk Road corporation and the Mongol hordes.

Leoreth,
I really need to tell you,
please add more starting unit to Italia!
It seems you're right about that - I'll increase their starting units and will have an eye on them during the development of 1.8.

And since you're working on Asia now, how about adding Mughal as well? To counterbalance the Safavid.
Yes, that's on the table.

Really nice features in the latest SVN version, especially the Silk Road corporation and the Mongol hordes.
Yeah, the new corporations still need to be worked out (I want to modify the whole corporation system). The intended goal is to make silk route cities and colonial cities like the caribbean and indonesia more valuable.

Did you have the opportunity to test the horde feature already? I don't even know if it triggers properly.

It doesn't trigger either in my game. Mongol stays the same.. only attacking China, though rarely they go to India as well (But not Ottoman etc as said in your 1.8 note)

Yes I'll take a look into the code.

On the latest SVN version, the Americans are spawning without having technologies.
Sounds like the RiseAndFall module failed at some point. Do you have Python exceptions enabled?

You have to set to 0 (the entry asks you if you want to hide them - don't know why they did it, it's rather confusing).

Thanks.

I have a problem. I have installed the mod in the mod folder and it will not let me open the World Builder files to start the mod or launch in the main menu. Any ideas?

What's your error message? Or don't you get one at all?

And you're sure you have a folder called "RFC Dawn of Civilization" in Beyond the Sword/Mods/?

Also, after you've doubleclicked one of the WBSave files, open your task manager and look if theres a process called Civ4BeyondSword.exe. If that's the case, maybe all you have to do is wait a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom