Dawn of Civilization - an RFC modmod by Leoreth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently started play civ 4 after being away from the game for a few months. Is version 1.1 the latest version? I noticed you haven't edited the OP since October, but this thread still seems to be relatively active...

DoC is an extremely popular mod. People annoys me with that obsession to the point they seem to ignore all other possibilities or mods.

So, Leoreth's mod is a blast of success, a.k.a. he almost managed to create a game independent to regular civ. From what I see til now.

Anyways, such is my scaffolding of a congratulation to Leoreth.

Recently started play civ 4 after being away from the game for a few months. Is version 1.1 the latest version? I noticed you haven't edited the OP since October, but this thread still seems to be relatively active...

1.10 is the latest official version, but 1.11 will be released soon (probably a month or so). Use the SVN if you want to get the 1.11 features now (but, being a developmental version, there will be bugs and whatnot).

The first post of this thread answers all of your questions, even those you never dared to ask :D

... September 2011 :mischief:

LMAO, well I have now downloaded 1.1, I really wish I knew which version I was running earlier, to see whether its a memory lapse or if I haven't played DOC since September of 2011 (The most noticeable difference from starting my first game is that China has a new UP and it starts in Xian rather then Beijing. In case anyone happens to know when Xian was around)

I retired from Civ back in January of 2012, then had brief returns in November 2012 and March 2013, this being my '3rd' return to this site.

There's so much that has been changed since I worked on China that I don't even know where to begin.

Huh? No. Should I?

You discussed that previously, I think. Or someone else did. But yes, you absolutely should. North Africa is an incredibly weak spot and Carthage never becomes even a remotely powerful city in comparison to Rome. I also think that the Phoenicians should get settlers in their historical areas- Spain, Sicily, and possibly Sardinia so that Carthage can have a full fledged empire by the time Rome rolls around, but that's another thing (I know that Carthaginian territories on Sicily and Sardinia were former Phoenician colonies, though).

Also, I think that the Moors could use a buff in their African cities. The area has been one of the most fertile places in the Mediterranean.

My suggestion would be to make the coast all grassland, and buffer it from the desert with plains. That is, everything west of Libya.

EDIT: You also should separate Italy from Sicily with a river, and do the same thing for mainland Japan and Hokkaido, and Anatolia and Thrace. It's just aesthetics, but I hate having to do it myself every time I want to play, especially if I don't want to go into WB and see how the world has turned out. And Sicily's western tile should be grassland as well.

Carthage - Good. Rome should be a better city, though I don't see the large issue with turning Carthage into a good city with the food resources, a hill, an Ivory, a wine, and a workshop.

Moors - done with UP. That is the point of it.

Rivers - Leoreth doesn't like doing that, and for good reason. However, you can probably find somewhere on CFC how to directly change the code fro the scenario files to make the map fit your liking.

Carthage - Good. Rome should be a better city, though I don't see the large issue with turning Carthage into a good city with the food resources, a hill, an Ivory, a wine, and a workshop.

Why should Rome be better? It's powerful enough as it is.

Moors - done with UP. That is the point of it.

What...?

Rivers - Leoreth doesn't like doing that, and for good reason.

Why not?

EDIT: Oh yes, and please put in the Jordan river and make the tiles west of it grassland as well.

May I ask why there is a refusal to add rivers. Given there are massive bodies of water there in real life, it makes sense that attacking from one side to the other have some defensive bonuses, as in reality it would be an amphibious assault...

For me rivers representing straits is the opposite of aesthetically pleasing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom