Dawn of the Punic Sea [DoC]

Renaissance nuclear war... I woudn't like to be there then, to have that stated... 100th reply in this thread BTW :D

Renaissance nuclear war... I woudn't like to be there then, to have that stated... 100th reply in this thread BTW
What Renaissance? He is keeping classical civiliztion alive in his Punic empire. Unless you are a traitor who wants to help Caesar reinstate Roman culture...

Y u no update

Cause unlike other RFC writers; I think I will be the first and only to say it,
but I really loathe Congress updates.

That and I was working on a segment for The Celestial Bureaucracy,
which I want to release soon.

Hannibal, although having retired from civic duty,
could not resist this curious event of momentous gravity.
He watched with curiosity as Phoenician senators strode into the room
along with his wife, Isabella and Ragnar, the Viking vassal.
The event quite clearly had two purposes.
To curb and check Phoenician power under the guise of a civil congress,
and to carve up less fortunate regions of the world for imperialistic ends.

The Third Rome opened up by laying claim on the lands of the frightened Polish.
Phoenician senators blocked the motion and the Russian diplomats were
incensed to find no party was willing to support their claim.
They vowed that they would have Kovno one way or another.

A joint effort to check the French met with failure.
This was ensured by vengeful Russian diplomats.

However, they were unable to stop Punic expansion into Agadir
as Isabella cleverly formed a divide between the diplomatic party sent by the Russians.

Paris, the proud seat of the French nation, was snatched up by Ragnar
as he took advantage of their fatigue at the bargaining table.

The Phoenicians astoundingly, supported the immortal Oda Nobunaga in his claim to the Chinese city of Fuzhou.
No one saw him, but Hannibal gave the shadow order to the senators to assist the Japanese in securing Fuzhou himself.

Not everything was a victory for the Punic Empire at the Congress,
as Isabella was forced to give up Tampa to the Mayans.

The Empire of the Punic Sea could not afford further expansion at the current time
so the senators declined to lay claim on any foreign city that was likely to
cause instability anyway.

The Congress ended with Akbar's claim to Cochin being shot down.

As the Congress ended, Hannibal was confronted by Hongwu, who was excluded from the Congress.
"How dare you! Fuzhou was mine!"
Hannibal stared at the immortal Chinese leader, continuing to listen.
"We... were once a great nation. Older than you. But fighting off the Mongols made us dis-unified and splintered.
It was only when I unified the warring states that we had any semblance of stability.
And now, you Phoenicians just made my job that much harder." Hongwu scowled.
"You can be great again." Hannibal responded.
"How- When your senators just parcelled off a piece of our land like it was nothing!"
"Let me talk to my friends in the Phoenician Senate. Stand with them.
They've taken in nations before and included them into the Phoenician family.
It was no act of malice and simply a misunderstanding, I assure you.
Let us help you stand up on your two feet."

"I will think about it." Hongwu said as he turned his back.

Even though he was retired, he wasn't about to let opportunities like this fly by Phoenicia.
With Scandinavia, Iberia, Inca and China together acting as Phoenicia's arms, the Punic Sea could conceivably touch anywhere in the world.

In the following morning, Hannibal picked up his newspaper to see that the front page headline was:

"Following the First International Congress, China is welcomed into the Family of Phoenician Nations by President..."

His work was done.

Yeah congresses can blow. I had one game though, my first Italy UHV victory way WAY back, where I got almost all my territory for the uhv goal through congress. That was a very cool game and quite unique.

nope, highly doubt it, just going slow

Yeah, I apologize for the pace.
I just registered for classes yesterday and will be starting school in the coming week.
I'll see what I can get done for this, but I make no promises.

Following the aftermath of the Congress, parts of the Phoenician bloc benefited greatly.
The Vikings obtained the rich French capital of Paris, and China was added to the Phoenician family of nations.
Even indirect victories were obtained like the third-party seizure of Tampa by the Mayans.
The Phoenicians had been in the New World for centuries now, but no permanent settlements had ever been erected.
With an official bill signed by the members of the Phoenician Senate and members of the lower governing bodies,
it was decided that the master of the seas would touch down and claim a portion of the New World for its own.

The first Phoenician city to be built on foreign soil would be known as Thapsus.
The adventurer colony that had been fortified in the nearby vicinity were recalled to act as a garrison for the newly founded city.

Meanwhile, Hannibal made good of his promise to Hongwu and reaffirmed his acceptance of Ragnar.
With the aid of Phoenician military advisers, each of them was able to conquer lands relevant to their interests.
Hongwu was able to capture a portion of the old Corean lands for the benefit of China while
Ragnar was able to capture Quelimane at the behest of the melanin-starved Scandinavian peoples,
who demanded a space be made available for them to try for tans.

All glory to TXT_KEY_CIV_CARTHAGE_DESC_DEMOCRATIC! :p

lol, Ninjacow. I've been trying to contact you on Steam!
But you keep ignoring me :(
Do you want a Dota 2 key?

I haven't been getting any messages. Sometimes I forget to turn off steam when I leave, so that might be it.

Sorry mate I don't play Dota.

Yay, update! :D
I don't really get why you founded Thapsus there. Is it for the extra cow in it's BFC?

I don't really get why you founded Thapsus there. Is it for the extra cow in it's BFC?

I was thinking that too.

Thapsus not on a river = no levee bonuses.

Is it because you're scared of the Mayans culture-crushing you?

Maybe it's because of the costal fish, you lose a food point if it isn't on the coast.

Top Bottom