DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going with the hypothesis that the next DLC is a) themed, and b) one SEA civ+another leader for an existing civ, I would replace Churchill with a leader from either France or Spain, who had far more interaction in the region than England or any current existing civ, bar China/India.

Given the controversy over Catherine De Medici, I could see France picking up the leader slot, although a plausible candidate escapes me. It would need to be someone with a military/colonial background and has some widespread recognition. The only ones who come to my mind are DeGaulle and Napoleon, neither of whom had particularly strong SEA connections, as far as I know. Anyone else have suggestions?

Personnally, I just hope that this DLC comes with bug fixes for those introduced in the nubia DLC and is a little more thoroughly tested than Nubia, so we don't have to endure months of whining about the bugs...

As far as MP goes, I've never ever played one on any version of CIV, so it's not really
important to me, but I do hope that they DO fix the cross platform MP for those people
who enjoy it.

As to the CIVs, I don't really care... all new civs are interesting :)

I certainly don't expect any major functionnality added before the expansion (new win conditions etc...) If one makes it in the next DLC I'll be extremely surprised and pleased

Given the controversy over Catherine De Medici, I could see France picking up the leader slot, although a plausible candidate escapes me. It would need to be someone with a military/colonial background and has some widespread recognition. The only ones who come to my mind are DeGaulle and Napoleon, neither of whom had particularly strong SEA connections, as far as I know. Anyone else have suggestions?

How about Nixon ??? :lol:

For the accompanying patch, I'd like, in order of priority:
1) Bug fixes, xplatform, and a general rebalancing of the AI's trade logic (especially in regards to peace deals) and diplomacy.
2) increased variety in AI playstyle/personality (i.e. not everyone needs to open with a holy site)
3) Increased ability of the AI to do tactical combat, and choose appropriate targets (I.e. don't march your troops directly to my capital, letting them get picked off by the city defense of the three cities in between)
4) continual UI improvements from the 'list'
5) More wonder rebalancing, especially a lot of those cultural wonders - theming bonuses for instance.

Frankly, #1 is the only one I consider "must have" everything else would be "nice to have"

I thought at least SOMEBODY would notice what I did here:

It's too soon :p We must wait at least another 40ish pages of replies before we start engaging in clever wordplay.

Our normal format for the anticipation threads is about 1k on topic replies, followed by a few hundred more replies that are off topic, but still history-related, then followed by puns/jokes/memes, and finally the desperation phase of dancing bananas and occult rituals to summon the DLC from the depths of the abyss. :lol:

I'd rather speculate about what GH is :p

What we know so far, is that it is set up like a DLC on Steam, but it isn't labelled as one (a la DLC0#). And it started testing on dedicated qa builds a few months ago, but now it is testing alongside DLC06 on the regular qa builds.

What we know so far, is that it is set up like a DLC on Steam, but it isn't labelled as one (a la DLC0#). And it started testing on dedicated qa builds a few months ago, but now it is testing alongside DLC06 on the regular qa builds.
So far, wouldnt that be in line with something related to crossplatform multiplayer or so? As in, Firaxis set up their side and started testing it, but then aspyr wouldnt deliver and thus the whole testing got delayed (until now). Just asking to get that out of the way.

So far, wouldnt that be in line with something related to crossplatform multiplayer or so? As in, Firaxis set up their side and started testing it, but then aspyr wouldnt deliver and thus the whole testing got delayed (until now). Just asking to get that out of the way.

Maybe. There's no Civ GH depots for Mac or Linux yet. If the problems with cross-platform are asymmetrical, it could be that they were using the DLC setup as a workaround to get it working on PC while the Mac and Linux ports were to have the cross-platform capability integrated into the base software files.

This was one of my first speculations for Civ GH. But I'm once again drifting away from it since it didn't see more activity as they tried to get cross-platform out this last time.

Because I've forgotten and other people might be interested as well, why is it rumoured the new civ will be Indonesia?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom