DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the German Hanse does already get adjacency bonuses for resources instead of mines/quarries...
It does, but it's a different column, namely "AdjacentResource". This colum accepts a boolean and does not check for a specific resource class. It would not be possible to make an adjacency for luxuries only with this.

It does, but it's a different column, namely "AdjacentResource". This colum accepts a boolean and does not check for a specific resource class. It would not be possible to make an adjacency for luxuries only with this.

What about the Chateaux? They get a bonus for adjacent luxuries. Or is this new column only for districts?

What about the Chateaux? They get a bonus for adjacent luxuries. Or is this new column only for districts?

I'd assume that improvements and districts have different logic and go through completely different paths. But given how they've set Indonesia up as a lux-happy civ in the past, giving them either a unique district that gains adjacency from luxury resources, or giving them a civ-wide bonus that gives their districs a bonus for luxury resources (like Brazil+jungle) seems likely.

I can imagine that districts are handled differently from improvements, since the improvements don't need recalculations of bonuses with different policy cards...

I'd assume that improvements and districts have different logic and go through completely different paths. But given how they've set Indonesia up as a lux-happy civ in the past, giving them either a unique district that gains adjacency from luxury resources, or giving them a civ-wide bonus that gives their districs a bonus for luxury resources (like Brazil+jungle) seems likely.

I'd agree with this.

The french improvement uses a modifier rather than an adjacency. So it can presumeably only get this bonus once, whereas the new adjacency allows for a higher bonus if you have more than one luxury nearby.
It is the same for the Mission improvement and the Step Well.
The farming bonus from Feudalism on the other hand is an adjacency. :crazyeye:

Yeah, I'd like to have a unique commercial district that gets +2 gold from luxuries. That'd be neat. Or even an additional copy of the adjacent luxury.

Yeah, I'd like to have a unique commercial district that gets +2 gold from luxuries. That'd be neat. Or even an additional copy of the adjacent luxury.

It might be that, or it might be several districts getting additional adjacency bonuses, like the Commercial Hub, the Campus, and the Holy Site, as part of the UA.

Since the developers seem to be investing in different visuals for the civs on the map, and leaving the civs more visually distinct than previous versions. I believe that Indonesia will receive Candi as a unique improvement, granting religious and possibly cultural bonuses.

The luxury resources bonuses may be in Indonesia's unique abiltiy.

Since the developers seem to be investing in different visuals for the civs on the map, and leaving the civs more visually distinct than previous versions. I believe that Indonesia will receive Candi as a unique improvement, granting religious and possibly cultural bonuses.

The luxury resources bonuses may be in Indonesia's unique abiltiy.

That was my thought as well. No civ has a unique improvement* that goes on jungle tiles. The Candi might do that.

*The Mbanza is a district, not an improvement.

Just for fun, I looked up Indonesian spice markets. They are called Pasar, and they sound like most kinds of markets or bazaars found around the world. But they also have Pasar Malam, which seem to be like a farmers market that opens at night on residential streets, allowing people to buy foodstuffs on their way home from work.

Just for fun, I looked up Indonesian spice markets. They are called Pasar, and they sound like most kinds of markets or bazaars found around the world. But they also have Pasar Malam, which seem to be like a farmers market that opens at night on residential streets, allowing people to buy foodstuffs on their way home from work.
Pasar Malam means night market in Indonesian/Malay language, Malaysia also has those.

If the Indonesian leader is Gajah Mada again, I'm hoping they will depict him in a different way. Maybe, he can look older? They'll definitely keep the heavy-set look though.

Pasar Malam means night market in Indonesian/Malay language, Malaysia also has those.

If the Indonesian leader is Gajah Mada again, I'm hoping they will depict him in a different way. Maybe, he can look older? They'll definitely keep the heavy-set look though.

Considering Victoria, Pedro, and Pericles, it seems possible that they will change-up the leader's appearance by going with a different age.

I haven't kept up since before Nubia, is there a scent of a chance that Vietnam is still in play?

It's not definitively eliminated from the running. We don't know if Indonesia is getting a second leader or if there will be a second civ.

If Firaxis don't introduce Vietnam in the next DLC I'll be modding a Vietnam War scenario :)
That's cool, personally as a native (albeit very Americanized, adoptee) I won't play it as I consider The Viet Cong UU from the Civ 5 mod to be the absolute worst part of the design. Medieval Dai Viet is the treatment I would prefer Firaxis to take.

At any rate, I look forward to any SEA content that will come out.

That's cool, personally as a native (albeit very Americanized, adoptee) I won't play it as I consider The Viet Cong UU from the Civ 5 mod to be the absolute worst part of the design. Medieval Dai Viet is the treatment I would prefer Firaxis to take.

At any rate, I look forward to any SEA content that will come out.

I understand it will be sensitive particularly for Vietnamese Americans but IMO it's no way as bad as Hitler mods (which are very popular BTW. JFD's mods for Civ V and VI are two of the most subscribed mods!).

From a gameplay perspective in Civ VI much of the action is in the early game. Rarely do we get immersive modern warfare, which is what I'd like to focus on in a Vietnam War scenario. Espionage. Communism vs. Democracy. Cold war alliances and proxy war.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom