1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

DLC 6 Anticipation Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Eagle Pursuit, Jul 25, 2017.

1. MaximusPlatypus

MaximusPlatypus O.O

It's not really offensive to me, it's just not aesthetically sensical with the rest of the civ that TPangolin designed. In a Vietnam war scenario it makes sense.
    I'm not discouraging you, just stating my reasons for not using such a mod

2. kaspergm

kaspergm Chieftain

Now I'm confused. Do we KNOW that Indonesia will be in the next DLC?

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

My sources say yes. But there is more to this DLC than just Indonesia.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Chieftain

So is there any chance that DLC 06 might drop at the end of September? I was kind of expecting it to, but Eagle Pursuit is predicting end of October. Seems like a lot of activity for something that's still more than a month out.

I suppose I should hope for October in any case. If DLC 06 were to come at the end of this month, it would be competing with Stellaris's Synthetic Dawn and Warhammer 2.

5. Esperr

Esperr Chieftain

Is it just a DLC or will there be a patch as well? I think most people are just waiting for a patch more then anything at this point.

6. bite

bite Moderator Moderator

There has been a patch with every other DLC so far

Manifold likes this.
  7. Eagle Pursuit

There was a lot of activity today and yesterday, but there was also hardly any last week. On the balance it still seems to be headed into October. But if things start heating up, I will revise the forecast accordingly.

8. bite

bite Moderator Moderator

I wouldn't mind an early DLC surprise

agonistes, Stilgar08, Leyrann and 2 others like this.
  9. bbbt

bbbt Chieftain

Is the 'main' depot on 2kqa_g/h by this point? Or are those just the Civ GH depot and DLC 06?

i.e. are they testing a potential patch as well, or just the mysterious Civ GH and DLC 06?

10. Eagle Pursuit

So far they have tested the main depots, all the DLC depots, and Civ GH (but not Aztecs) on 2kqa_a, d, g, and h. I don't know if they plan to stick with those four, or if they are going to bring in b and c at some point, or if they are testing some subtly different things on the g and h builds that they aren't testing on the regular qa builds. It's still pretty early yet to discern patterns.

11. kaspergm

kaspergm Chieftain

AMEN! I don't really care much about the DLC, I just want the game to become playable again, after the mess they made of it in the last patch.

oedali likes this.
  12. spfun

spfun Chieftain

Just waiting for a patch and hoping a new patch doesn't break as much stuff as the last patch did while fixing what was broken last patch...

oedali likes this.
  13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Chieftain

Eh, I just started playing again for the first time since probably the Winter, on the new patch. I think people way overblow the "game breaking" issues of the patch. It's still fun--yeah, there are problems, but people seem to be a bit over-dramatic. Way better than release, and I expect it to be even better next time around.

SirWill90, CivLuvah, bbbt and 6 others like this.
  14. UWHabs

UWHabs Chieftain

Yeah, there's some really annoying bugs that make it less fun, but the game is hardly unplayable.

Eagle Pursuit likes this.
  15. Xeribulos

Xeribulos Chieftain

It kinda depends on your playstyle though. Non-cultural play is simply unappealing to me, so a bug that causes the AI to give their Great Works away for free is at least somewhat game-breaking.

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Chieftain

Going by peoples' reactions, I was half-expecting my tower to burst into flames the first time I fired it up.

17. Xeribulos

Xeribulos Chieftain

Fair enough. I have personally postponed playing until the next patch arrives, but I am not overly worried.

CPWimmer and SammyKhalifa like this.
  18. DJ_Tanner

DJ_Tanner Chieftain

Gotta look at the source really. For probably 90, maybe 95% of players they will have noticed very little from patch to patch. But this site is going to have a vast majority of that 5-10%. These are players that do a helluva lot of min/maxing. People that had figured out the "perfect" play strategies months before the game ever released based on tile yields (I mean this is in a thread that is discussing timelines based on QA build data files, where people call things that have had zero announcement 'early or late'). As such, the smallest of number imbalances will impact those players far more drastically. For players like that these items quite literally break their game so it is 100% overblown nonsense and 100% accurate depending on how you play.

Besides it is civFANATICS, so just ask yourself when you are reading someone's post are they just a fan, or are they an addict.

agonistes, NobleZarkon and Leyrann like this.
  19. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

And now we've moved on to figuring out not only the civ, but also their abilities, based on things that the casual person just doens't know about.

20. Eagle Pursuit

It's the intersection of expectations, mechanical familiarity, and inside information.

King William I likes this.