hello!
i need a little help.
I often see in mods a new resource trade function that small wonders of the world produce, for example, a tea plantation, but I don’t know how to use the mechanics, can anyone tell me in detail how to use it? Thank you in advance

hello!
i need a little help.
I often see in mods a new resource trade function that small wonders of the world produce, for example, a tea plantation, but I don’t know how to use the mechanics, can anyone tell me in detail how to use it? Thank you in advance
Hi,

It is important that the resource is within the territory of the city
There is a setting in the editor where you can set this ('Required goods must be with City radius'), with this setting only those cities that have the given raw material can build the development. This is very useful when setting up mines or plantations, because cities that do not have the resource within their territory cannot access it, even though all cities in the civilization have access to that resource.

You can also set it to produce some kind of raw material, such as treasure, or some kind of goods (which is a kind of unit that you previously put in your mod). Some of the epic campaigns work on this principle: 'Age of Discovery',
The map must also be set to 'capture unit', so that the attacking units can transport the given treasure unit to the capital.
The unit must also set that it cannot move and that it is a 'Flag unit'

Attachments

• Civfan-editor-mine-building copy.jpg
    Civfan-editor-mine-building copy.jpg
    655.6 KB · Views: 38
  • c3_aod-editor copy.jpg
    c3_aod-editor copy.jpg
    664.9 KB · Views: 25
  • treasure unit edit copy.jpg
    treasure unit edit copy.jpg
    592.2 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
@Diversant
I will show you step by step how to set it up, but I won't have time to try it now, but you might have time! :)
I numbered the tasks in the pictures.

1) Open the scenario properties
2) in the default setting, a tick is placed next to 'Default game rules', 3) this must be unchecked to be editable
4) The selected three settings should be set: 'Victory point scrolling, Capture the unit, Allow cultural conversion', I assume that the important element here is to check 'Capture the unit', I think this makes it possible to capture and transport the given treasure unit.
5) when setting the unit, it is important to set 'immobile' and 'Flag unit' in the 'Unit abilites' menu. Don't forget to check the 'Flag unit' in the 'AI strategies' menu.
6) However, many settings should be left unchecked.
7) for ground attack units, the 'capture' option is typically checked in the basic settings.
8) you have to select the unit you want to produce for the building.
9) Here you record the turn at which time the building produces.

In principle, it should work with these settings, but as promised, I will check it when I have time.

Attachments

• 01EFMII_gems-scenario-popetries-button!.jpg
    01EFMII_gems-scenario-popetries-button!.jpg
    780.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 02EFMII_scenario-popetries.jpg
    02EFMII_scenario-popetries.jpg
    554.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 03-04EFMII__gems-scenario-popetries.jpg
    03-04EFMII__gems-scenario-popetries.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 05-06EFMII_gems-treasure-unit.jpg
    05-06EFMII_gems-treasure-unit.jpg
    540.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 07EFMII_gems-elf-archer-unit.jpg
    07EFMII_gems-elf-archer-unit.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 32
  • 08-09EFMII_gems-gold-mine.jpg
    08-09EFMII_gems-gold-mine.jpg
    577.3 KB · Views: 46
@Diversant

I started playing on the 'EFMII-gems' map to see if the unit treasure shipping works.
I started with the dwarves, where there was a gold resource inside the capital, so I was able to build a gold mine at the beginning of the game, which produced the treasure unit every 6 turns.
Unfortunately, I couldn't capture it with attacking units either, but the treasure didn't transform into the set money, so the problem of the mine built in the Capital arose, because the treasure units gathered, but I didn't know what to do with it, it couldn't be captured, but it couldn't be liquidated either.

In the meantime, I sent a settler to build a city far from the capital near a gold raw material, to find out if the new city produces this treasure after the mine is built. The construction of the gold mine took a little longer, about 70 rounds. I waited a long time to find out if the transport of the treasure unit produced by the mine works. Unfortunately, I got the same error, which means that the map setup is not working properly. Now I need to take a closer look at the EFMII-eggs war map, because grabbing the egg worked there. after an attacking unit grabs the egg, it can deliver it to the capital, where the egg turns into gold.

I ask for your patience while I find the problem.

Attachments

• EfmII-gems-dwarf06-treasure-factory-no-capture-attaker-unit.jpg
    EfmII-gems-dwarf06-treasure-factory-no-capture-attaker-unit.jpg
    843.8 KB · Views: 49
@Civinator

In the previous Earth fantasy mod, the management of the treasure units (Earth Fantasy Mod 1.01+Eggs_War.biq) that you set then came up.
There, the goal was that the barbarian villages functioned as a kind of eagle's nest in which eagles were produced and sometimes a large amount of eagle eggs were produced. The purpose of this map is for the players to transport these eagle eggs to their own capital, which could be exchanged for gold or later upgraded into eagles.
In the map of the newer mod (Earth fantasy Mod II-Eggs War Beta1.10.biq), I tried to set everything as it was in the previous version, but it seems that something escaped my attention, because the warrior units are the eagle eggs after looting the nest they couldn't capture them and couldn't transport them to the capital either, instead they were destroyed. I would be interested in a detailed description of the method, how this problem can be solved.

other thing...

I also had problems setting up another map, while I thought everything was fine there too, but unfortunately it wasn't...

In the map Earth fantasy Mod II-Gems Beta1.10.biq, similar to the map of the epic game 6 Age of Discovery.biq, you can build mines that occasionally produce treasure units. However, the setting did not work well here either.
On this map, there is a civilization that can build a mine at the beginning of the game, which produces the treasure unit (Alaskan dwarves) in the capital.
Unfortunately, the setting did not work in this option either. The idea was also raised that the treasure unit created or created by the mine built in the capital is a wrong setting for the game, so it does not automatically convert to money as it is produced.
I did another test in this game to find out if the mine built in the capital caused a bug. I built a new city next to a gold deposit, where a gold mine was built with great difficulty, unfortunately the treasure unit produced here was not manageable either. the combat units could neither capture nor transport it.

Two questions arise: a mine built in the capital cannot do anything with the produced treasure, and cities built on the same continent as the capital do not produce transportable treasure units that can be captured and transported?

My friend @Diversant and I would appreciate it if you could describe in detail how these game settings work so that we can learn from them.

unartis, I just had a short look into CFC before starting a Holiday trip in half an hour, so no time for descriptions in detail. Please have a look into CCM 2.50 to see how supply shipments are working. The AI cannot handle supply shipments produced in the capital.

@unartis , settings for supply shipments in CCM are as follows:

In unit tab:
- standard orders: all but disband;
- unit actions: load, airlift;
- unit strategy: explore;
- unit abilities: flag, hidden nationality;

In general settings:
- set to "flag unit";

In player settings:
- respawn flag units: OFF;
- allow anyone to capture any flag: ON.

IIRC, Escape from Zombie Island and Final Fantasy mods use similar mechanics, so you can check them for reference too.

@Civinator, wish you a safe trip and great holiday time!

unartis, I just had a short look into CFC before starting a Holiday trip in half an hour, so no time for descriptions in detail. Please have a look into CCM 2.50 to see how supply shipments are working. The AI cannot handle supply shipments produced in the capital.
@Civinator,
Thanks for the quick reply, I'll look into it. Have a nice holiday.

@unartis , settings for supply shipments in CCM are as follows:

In unit tab:
- standard orders: all but disband;
- unit actions: load, airlift;
- unit strategy: explore;
- unit abilities: flag, hidden nationality;

In general settings:
- set to "flag unit";

In player settings:
- respawn flag units: OFF;
- allow anyone to capture any flag: ON.

IIRC, Escape from Zombie Island and Final Fantasy mods use similar mechanics, so you can check them for reference too.

@CorvusFortis
I will look at the mentioned maps, thanks for your effort.

@Diversant
I seem to have found the solution to the transportability of the treasure unit produced by the mines, it somehow escaped my attention. Under the 'Victory Point limits' menu, you can set the production of the mines, how much the thing delivered to the capital is worth, etc. @CorvusFortis and @Civinator, Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• EFMI-eggswar-ok.jpg
    EFMI-eggswar-ok.jpg
    419 KB · Views: 41
I seem to have found the solution to the transportability of the treasure unit produced by the mines, it somehow escaped my attention. Under the 'Victory Point limits' menu, you can set the production of the mines, how much the thing delivered to the capital is worth, etc.
I am glad that you have found a solution. Therefore at present I don´t have to dive deeper in your problemes. :)

Thank you very much. It was a nice short trip by car to the Bodensee with a wonderful weather. :)

@Civinator

I have one more question... :):blush:
In EFMII, only dwarves and chaos dwarves were given the opportunity to build the minecart railroad. It's annoying that they get infinite movement points by building railways. Other species thus suffer a movement disadvantage when transporting supplies. The idea came up that the movement point of the railway would be slightly faster than the movement point of the normal road, so the game would become more balanced.
At the same time, I fixed the problem by saying that at a certain stage of the last developable era, the mentioned species have access to the possibility of building the railway, I did not want to miss the possibility of building the railway, because it makes the game experience more colorful.

Under the 'General Setting' menu, I only find the movement point of the roads, is it possible to change the movement point of the railroads?
Is it possible to set the movement point of the railroad in the Civilization III editor?

Under the 'General Setting' menu, I only find the movement point of the roads, is it possible to change the movement point of the railroads?
Is it possible to set the movement point of the railroad in the Civilization III editor?
Unfortunately no, this can't be done in any of the Civ3 Editors, neither the official Firaxis Editor, nor @Quintillus' or @Steph's.

(I wish it could: I wish also that one could set the terrains which allow Rails separately from the terrains which allow Roads).

But @Flintlock's patch for the GOG/Steam executable does allow rail movement to be limited, to a maximum number of tiles, set in the config- file. And it's also possible to have specific config-files for individual mods/scenarios, which have different settings to the epic-game.

(i.e. a player could use the same patched executable to play both an 'unpatched' epic-game with infinite rail-movement, and a 'patched' mod/scenario with limited rail-movement)

tjs282 answered your question perfectly. The Flintlock mod also offers a cornucopia of other new options for modding C3C.

New EFMII beta 1.10 patch is available:

I found a bug in the setting of the Earth fantasy Mod II-Eggs War mission map that prevented the eggs produced with the eagle's nests from being transportable, I fixed this.
From the beginning of the game, wizards and hobbits were able to build angel units on Earth fantasy Mod II-Eggs War map. I fixed this error.
A spider was accidentally left in one of the eagle's nests west of the Alaskan dwarves, I also fixed this error.

The treasure units produced by the mines could not be transported on the Earth fantasy Mod II-Gems map either, I fixed this as well. The dwarves need mana instead of wind to build the Moon Gate. (there is no wind raw material on this map, I corrected and rewrote it in civilopedia).
The dwarves starting in Alaska were very strong, so I removed the gold resource from the range of their capital on all Earth maps, in fact, the starting gold and silver resources were removed from the range of all starting positions, so that they would not have an initial advantage compared to the starting positions of other races.
On Earth fantasy Mod II-Gems Beta1.10.biq map, I reduced the construction of mines from 25 costs to 5 costs.
I didn't put all the precious and semi-precious stones on the Earth fantasy Mod II-Gems map, I replaced those missing ones.

Hi,

i love to try your mod but i found some difficulty to install it correctly. When I thought I succes the game crash after the first turn more precisly when i use my settle. I'm a novice when it's time to install mode (especially when many doc need to be move here and there).
After many hour of research, I haven't found a text or something usefull to instal it succefuly or avoid the crash after colonize a place (event after reading many post on EFM and EFMII) =/. So can you help me a little to install your mod correctly.

PS : My game crash only when i creat a city, I can move or attack but can't colonize.

Thank for you job and futur answer .

Last edited:
Hi,

i love to try your mod but i found some difficulty to install it correctly. When I thought I succes the game crash after the first turn more precisly when i use my settle. I'm a novice when it's time to install mode (especially when many doc need to be move here and there).
After many hour of research, I haven't found a text or something usefull to instal it succefuly or avoid the crash after colonize a place (event after reading many post on EFM and EFMII) =/. So can you help me a little to install your mod correctly.

PS : My game crash only when i creat a city, I can move or attack but can't colonize.

Thank for you job and futur answer .
Hi @user1billion ,
Thank you for the feedback.

The compressed zip file should be extracted to the folder .../Conquests/Conquests., with all the components inside. It is also worth downloading the latest patch, because it also fixes several errors. It would help a lot if you could attach a screenshot of how the game exits with the error message.

The beta 1.10 patch available for EFMII mod must also be downloaded and the base file(EFMII beta 1.03) must be overwritten, which you can also access from here. It is important to overwrite the files, because I many errors have been corrected, the lack of a patch can even generate such an error.
Earth Fantasy Mod II(EFMII)
https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/earth-fantasy-mod-ii-efmii.29765/

Last edited:
Top Bottom