Eurovision 2023

So... who is going to win this Saturday?

• Albania

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Armenia

• Australia

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Austria

• Belgium

• Croatia

• Cyprus

• Czechia

• Estonia

• Finland

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • France

• Germany

• Israel

• Italy

• Lithuania

• Moldova

• Norway

• Poland

• Portugal

• Serbia

• Slovenia

• Spain

• Sweden

• Switzerland

• Ukraine

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • UK

• The radioactive monkey (he has a real chance)

• Total voters

The_J

Say No 2 Net Validations
Administrator
Supporter
That one was obviously great.
The German entry this year ... I actually like it. It's not the most metal song ever, but it has definitely something.
The Israeli entry is apparently the favourite... and I like it.

:ack:

*goes off in search of a Yanni video to cleanse my brain of this... whatever-t-f it was*

Let's not pretend that Lordi wasn't trash too :p
Though there's no reason Eurovision couldn't have been actually a contest for good bands from each country. Then it'd be actually something to watch unironically.

I'm hosting a watch party on Discord for the finals on Saturday. I've been studiously avoiding listening to anything until then so that I'm not bored for four hours. :lol:

I'm hosting a watch party on Discord for the finals on Saturday. I've been studiously avoiding listening to anything until then so that I'm not bored for four hours. :lol:
I got bored for 4 hours watching Charles being crowned. There was exactly one musical number I thought wasn't too bad, but even then I really wished they'd all shut up, plop the damn crown on his head, and get it over with.

Well, I'm not sure exactly what kind of entertainment you were expecting from watching a rich, elderly man get fawned over because he merely exists.

Mmmmhhhh :) They wouldn't do well compared to any decent metal band, though.
Maybe they are something like Gwar, but Gwar also were a joke band.
Just seen them together on tour with Sabaton, and it was great. You just have even less music taste than the rest of us :p.

Well, I'm not sure exactly what kind of entertainment you were expecting from watching a rich, elderly man get fawned over because he merely exists.
I was expecting a dignified, historical event that was not a 4-hour church service. FFS, even the national Remembrance Day ceremonies from Parliament Hill acknowledge the existence of non-believers now (could have knocked me over with a feather the first time I heard them acknowledge that not everyone prays - that happened while Harper was still PM).

And keep in mind that this started at 2 am in my time zone. While I often am up and posting or playing games or reading fanfic at that hour, at least my brain is actively engaged while doing so. This... well, it was a snoozefest, for the most part.

At least I did learn how not to write a coronation scene for my stories.

If music taste leads to liking Lordi, I am happy to not possess it!

IMHO the masks and the costumes keeps them away from the image of being a serious band.
If you like hard rock or heavy metal and listen to them without all the visual circus you will realize that they are really good at what they do

I watched some of it on the BBC.

I thought that the Norway act was all right.

I was quite surprised so many artists were singing in English.

After that it all went down hill with most performances being greatly over produced.

And I got fed up with being told every five minutes that UK viewers could not vote yet.

Apparently I am going to a Eurovision Party? I would rather shave my eyes, but my partner insists it will be fun, and it will be more Party and less Eurovision.

I am not convinced. I'll just aim to get wreaked as fast as possible and miss most of it as a result.

Drinks from every nation?
We had a eurovision party on Erasmus, we didn't need much excuse to party.

I enjoy it but don't have the time to sit down and watch hours of TV at the moment.
Ireland didn't make it out of the semi finals again.

My in-laws are staying Saturday night, I might put it on to annoy them.

Top Bottom