1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall patch is out

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by The_J, Nov 1, 2012.

1. DutchJob

DutchJob Prince

After the patch my deer, cow and fish graphics turned into stripes.

The_J said a update of the drivers could help and gave a link.

That worked perfect, took me 15 min. including making coffee.

You can find the link in the GK Bug Report section.

2. Hengoroth

Hengoroth Chieftain

I like the new patch and its unforseen consequense of making the barbarians stronger since they pillage-heal as well, but i have one - two major issues now, the game freeze crashes on me now for three games in a row when a leader screen are loaded for the first time and sometimes the second time. this is annoying since it occures in the early game. I am also experiencing the usual ram -drain graphical anomalies earlier than i used to get them ( they allways occured in the renessance era/later on when all civs have many cities and soldiers. Now i see them at turn 90 and earlier.
    I have reposted this message from the bugreport section since i got a tip that Firaxis reads this thread.

P.s. i almost play exclusive on terra, about 12-13 civs and imortal and most graphical options on high or medium. havent had any gamebreaking problems\crashes\glitches with civ
    P.P.s the first save, http://http://forums.civfanatics.com...d.php?t=479401 ( if this link doesnt work, the saves are uploaded to the thread "Initial thought on the new patch, page 2) the game freeze-crashes when you click on bodicca to negotiate with her at turn 96(i want to sell her horsers before her army enters my land) (save is at 93. the last save the game freeze-crashes when you go north and meet the Wilhelm von oranje for the first time.Game allways freezes up when you are waiting a second for the meet and greet leaderscreen.Prepatch, i havent had any problems with crashes at all, other than ram drain that leaves grey graphic anomalies when there are too many units and cities around
    p.p.p.s I have notices that the game doesnt remember in advanced options that i doesnt like time - victory and i must alllways uncheck it. I like it really much though that the game remembers it

3. Zyntax

Zyntax Chieftain

My game crashes as well during ai player turn. Tried to reload it several times but it still crash at the same point. Here is my crashdump

Attached Files:

4. Rooftrellen

Rooftrellen King

Restart game seems to have a problem...it doesn't pick a new leader if you have a random leader chosen. Not sure if it does it with map types, as well, if it is set to random (would be hard to really see on turn 0, but that's not as bad either.)

One reason I was really looking forward to this patch was so I could restart a game without leaving to the main menu when I get a leader I've used recently (and I consider it the one legitiment reason to restart), but it seems to use the settings you roll, rather than the settings you selected.

5. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

We have a whole subforum for bugs, and another section for tech support ;).

6. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Perhaps I was mistaken, but I didn't think restart was intended to have the same functionality as "Play Again" (albeit with advanced settings supposedly preserved, but that is a different patch fix). Instead, I thought it was intended to restart you on the same map in a new starting location (not sure if it was intended to, or does, redraw the map, or just shift starting locations). Assuming my understanding is correct, then it would presumably use the same leader and map (or at least map type) you got in your initial random roll.

7. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Just checked this again with a few test starts. If you have chosen random leaders and random map type, and picked some advanced options (I picked complete kills and quick combat just to see), but don't like your leader, you can back out to main menu/single player and select "Play Again" to get a complete re-roll (new leader and presumably new map type) while preserving your chosen advanced options. If, instead, you like the leader you got, but not the starting location, restart is your choice.

8. gunslinger6792

gunslinger6792 Warlord

I know I've already posted about my game crashing but after doing some further testing i discovered that my game doesn't crash when i play without mods. This seems to show that if i attempt to play with mods the game keeps crashing when i attempt to reload when I'm in the game world itself. I had never had this problem and I have used more mods than i used to. this started occuring after i tried to play offline while my game was still in online mode. this in turn caused steam to deleate all my mods and would not redownload mods when i was in online mode with an active internet connection. long story short i reinstalled steam and civ v and got it working but now it has the load crashing.updating the video drivers has not helped.

Attached Files:

9. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

We're working on squashing this now. We'll keep you posted.

10. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Could I see your dxdiag, along with a screenshot of your video settings? Thanks!

11. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Did you also include the save with this zip (on my iPad so I can't check it just yet)? Thanks!

12. Deaths Advocate

Deaths Advocate Prince

Was the coffee any good?

13. Tw2Brick

Tw2Brick Chieftain

I had the same problem. Device manager said my drivers were up to date but I checked the site (http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect?iid=dc_iduu) and it told me the drivers were out of date. So I got the new drivers and fired up Civ V.

Still have the lines. =(

Dxdiag and screenshots on page 9 of this thread.

I am playing Civ V on my other computer but it would be nice to have it back working on this system.

I appreciate the hard work the bug squashers are doing, thanks!

14. Rooftrellen

Rooftrellen King

It says the restart button will allow you to "restart the game and generate a new map using your current pregame settings." That sounds exactly like "Play Again" without having to exit to the main menu.

It certainly creates a new map (otherwise first roll you could get a small map, then restart and get 12 civs, I can confirm that map size can be different), but I don't know if it's always the same type if it is set to random. I don't know if enemy civs change either.

Regardless if it is always restarting with the same leader, it certainly isn't working as detailed in the patch notes...as it doesn't use at one one setting, though it seems like everything other than the leader is random (I got one map that looked like archipelago and restarted and got an inland start...would be strange if it had been the same map type, but possible).

At any rate, I started a thread for this already, in the bugs section. It's clear enough it's not working as described in the patch notes, and considering, at least for me, 99% of restarts are due to getting a recently played random leader (the other 1% coming from too much salt in my starting area to make the game interesting), the restart feature isn't so useful unless it does actually use the selected settings.

15. vra379971

vra379971 Deity

A question - I don't suppose we can have a small hotfix correcting the game breaking issues - like the lack of a puppet button/Denmark UA, and then correct the rest as we go than a mega patch awhile from now?

16. DenRode

DenRode Chieftain

I can confirm that using the restart button when playing with a random map will indeed change the map type. I tested this last night by hitting reset when playing with a random map selected and got a continents map, then an island map.

17. spmosc

spmosc Chieftain

MODS MANAGING BUG

Each time I go to Mods - they start to download all together.
    I tried to delete the mods from game menu, to unsubscribe from mods in workshop, to delete mod folder from "My games"-Civ5 folder and usermods files.
    Combining all above together plus checking cash from steam I could make all my mods dissapear from the game. Then I subscribed for three mods again and now my problems are back - each time I try to play mods - they all start to download again and again.
    This bug is reported by other users too, so it's a problem on Firaxis side.

18. The_J

Is that on page 9 the DxDiag after the update? Because it says your drivers are from 2011.

19. Tw2Brick

Tw2Brick Chieftain

Right, device manager driver update said I was ok yesterday but the website installed newer drivers today.

Updated doc attached.

EDIT: Apparently still from 2011, but the site says:

Graphics Driver

Product Detected

Intel® G41

Current Driver Installed

Your driver is current.

I have no idea; I'm just a (retired) bricklayer, lol.

Attached Files:

20. The_J

Still shows the same :dunno:.
    The correct driver for you would be this, please try to install it.
    EDIT: And ignore what the automatic detection says. Must be wrong somehow :dunno:.