1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall patch is out

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by The_J, Nov 1, 2012.

1. greenfishciv

greenfishciv Chieftain

Glad to hear i'm not alone.

I've tried restarting the game but the problem is still there.

If I capture a city, there's only one option: RAZE CITY, annex and puppet are missing from the dialogue.

2. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

Ah, so I guess that means there are no more crosshatches on the skins of leaders any more? that`s what I was getting with the latest driver before the Patch.

I had to go back one.

Oh wait, intel? How about the Nvidia graphic drivers?

3. gunslinger6792

gunslinger6792 Warlord

I updated the intel video driver and the crashing still occurs as does the mod menu constently redownloading mods.

4. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

Interesting(i exactly get these problems right now). I used to play DX10/11 in the beginning(my comp is fast enough) but for some reason i could only play under DX9 after an ancient update a year ago(bug?). Then this option came back some months later. I still played under DX9 until now because it's more stable for multiplayer...but this is all before that patch.

I haven't retried DX10/11 yet, but you will make my day if it actually solves our problem :) Not yet, i'm still at work :) I hope that DX10/11 will be as stable as DX9 for mp! Of course, graphics are better and it will be awesome if i can play this way for both sp/mp :goodjob:

5. Gucumatz

Gucumatz JS, secretly Rod Serling

Been playing a few immortals post patch - but happens on Emperor + in my experience

6. sav

sav Prince

Yeah, no problems at all on DX10/11 option. I just have uglier oceans, that's all! Not quite as smooth as DX9, but smoother than DX9 was before the patch.

7. Waterclaw

Waterclaw Chieftain

My mods keep reinstalling themselves right after installing, and Direct X 9 mode freaks out right darn quick. The Direct X 11 mode though works even better than before. Odd

8. Glassmage

Glassmage The Desert Flame

The game works well with the patch. No problem here!

9. Plux

Plux Emperor

here are the latest three crashes of yesterday/today

Attached Files:

10. Plux

Plux Emperor

btw, I tried reproducing the second chronological crash in the zip, but after restart/reload the game continued and crashed much later on.

11. snoochems

snoochems Prince

After a while, i experience a lot of "black" textures. I have to close civ, and reload to fix it.

Also i have seen some issues with moving to certain tiles. For instance, ive seen a couple of instances where i have tried to move a unit to a tile adjacent to the tile it is curently in. The unit will want to move to another tile instead.

12. DGDobrev

DGDobrev Warlord

I love it. It will finally make Deity being a Deity level, as well as making OCC being much more challenging than it usually is - ok, ok - was :), especially in a decent location. Before the patch, OCC + desert bias + good location (river, floodplains, 2+ luxuries) was a game winner regardless of the civ and how the game went if you focus on science. Lets see how can one win when the AI comes knocking on the door and starts pillaging all your improvements, especially in OCC where one keeps 2-3 workers at most. Peaceful games are still an option, but they are very rare anyway.

I would go so far as to say, that the changes in the patch are bigger than they look :p

13. wgene

wgene Warlord

I have the problem where the mods turn them selves off. Each time i start a game i have to turn them on again. Is there any solution to this.

14. Tabarnak

Tabarnak R.I.P.

Yep, DX10/11 is running fine. I guess that i will stick on it. At least i can play! :cool:

15. Jeanet

Jeanet Chieftain

I am fairly new to Civ5 (all Civ’s actualy) and this is my first post, so hello everyone.

I had the same problem; my pikeman didn’t want to move towards the eastcost, but jumped into the jungle instead. The reason appeared to be a mountain next to the city of Rotterdam, invisible on the normal map.
    Because I am playing not so long I don’t know if this has something to do with this new patch, but I had never noticed it before.
    NoMountain.jpg
    Mountain.jpg

16. GAGA Extrem

GAGA Extrem Emperor

Seems like a graphical glitch. Iirc I had an invisible mountain once in vanilla.

17. electrobreaks

electrobreaks Chieftain

at first everything was wrong with loading mods, and graphoics. so deleted all mods, re-installed, and drivers, but for some reason willl only let me run direct9, then everything was runnning better then ever, and about 45 min in to the game each time, it crashes.
    Im New at this, how do i insert my dxdiag report?

18. animalguy

animalguy Ermahgerd

Having issues with the work boats now...

anyone else having this problem

19. Plux

Plux Emperor

I also now experience an issue with opening of ancient ruins.. when it has techs, I first get the tech screen of the free tech gathered, and then the screen that says I have a tech. Minor issue. Also in civ4 it was impossible to get the a tech that your researching, but here in civ V it is possible. IIRC.

20. greenfishciv

greenfishciv Chieftain

MODERATORS: Is it possible to create a seperate thread with BUGS only? Because reading through 10+ pages for a dev might not be the best way. Then you could just merge/delete posts that deals with the same bug to make for an easier reading. Or you could make a thread that's locked with confirmed bugs only.

I'm gonna postpone playing the game until capturing cities is fixed. Only having the RAZE option available doesn't make for a good experience imo.