1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall patch is out

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by The_J, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Kwami

Kwami Emperor

I think his point was that a locked thread with reported bugs would be helpful for the 2k reps. I'm not sure that I agree, though. The 2k rep here has been keeping up with this thread and requesting files, which he couldn't do in a locked thread.

2. crawf0rd

crawf0rd The One and Only

He's more than a rep; he's a developer.

3. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I have no outdated driver. We do not want to have to erase everything from our system in order to play this stupid game. Which is fairly obvious don't you think? Perhaps next time you'll be part of the unlucky majority. What goes around comes around. Then I can say how bad I feel for you, and how truly :sad: I am.

I don't mean to be harsh, but being reminded of that patch issue is a sore subject with me at the moment.

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

He's also active in all the separate threads.
    While I partially agree with you, there's one big problem: Such a thread has to be maintained, and if not, then it get's messy.
    And I have to say that I don't have the time to maintain it, so that's not really an option :sad:.

5. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

on the contrary, of all patches only the .674 one has broken my mods.

globally some will work, some will need update, in doubt ask the author, at worse launch a game at fast speed and see by yourself before starting a "real" game.

neither do I, sorry, there is a whole source code to explore :D

6. Oregano

Oregano Freelance illustrator

Quick non-bug quesiton, but could someone please tell me where the <Row Name="MIN_CITY_RANGE"> can now be found? I typically have mine set to zero. I've check the two places that I know the global defines typically are (in the XML files), but both of those are still set to "0" (or as I like to say, "correct"), yet the game is requiring a minimum distance of 4 spaces since the update.

If someone could just point in a direction, I'll be on my merry way.

Thanks!
    ~S

7. Mark the Bold

Mark the Bold Warlord

Maybe I'm a lucky one. Game is running super smooth and awesome. Thanks Firaxis.

8. whyidie

whyidie Emperor

Got all the way to discovery of whatever tech you had q'd up without a crash. No deal from Japan. No artillery as you have catapults and bowmen. Is this the right save ?

9. excommunicatus

excommunicatus Chieftain

Think I've run into a couple of religion-related bugs with the patch.

If I enhance my religion before meeting all city states, I'm not getting the "You have met [city state]" screen when I do meet new CS's - and I don't *think* I'm getting the gold gift. Happened on two games now where I enhanced my religion fast (as the Mayans).

This was a fun one. Was going super-wide (second Mayan game aforementioned), and had my religion in like 39 cities. I'd taken all the +happiness stuff (1 per city, 1 per shrine, 2 per temple), and was rocking at ~106 happiness empire-wide :p. Then, I had to reboot my machine getting into mid-late game (started getting the grey patches people have been reporting). When I reloaded my save game, my happiness had plummeted down to -3. Looking over the happiness numbers, it looked like the game had just forgotten about the +happiness from all the shrines and temples after the reload - it was reporting the 39 happiness gains from religion (presumably the +1 per city), but nothing else religion-related. Tried selling off a shrine or two and re-buying to see if it'd recalculate, but no dice. Reloading again didn't correct it. Kinda shot my game at that point, since I had no way of repairing the happy.

Anyone else have these issues / can confirm?

Additionally, something seems to have broken a bit with the pathing tweaks. Units at times pick pretty terrible pathing choices, deciding to hit a hill or cross a river before using a clear plains tile instead of using the plains first to get to the same destination, for example (so using two turns to move instead of just one when available). So far it seems to be weirder when near roads or rivers, but I have seen some odd choices out in the open as well.

10. snoochems

snoochems Prince

I can't say I've seen it, as I have not chosen those beliefs. It sounds like the +1:c5happy: per city with religion is working (39 cities, 39 bonus:c5happy:). But that sounds like a bit of a game breaker. Perhaps raise it in the bugs section with a game save...

I've so far encountered the following bugs:
    &#8226;Black/grey textures everywhere
    &#8226;Missionary's have attrition inside other civ borders, even when open borders is active.
    &#8226;Great Admiral/General showing 0% (I've been told this is just a text bug, but I'm not too sure...)
    &#8226;Pathing issues.

I'm seeing a lot of other random problems reported in these threads too, so on face value, its seems like a pretty poor patch.

I'm very glad Firaxis is still attempting to get the game perfect, and I hope they continue to with more patches and DLC, but I hope the bug testing gets better, especially since we can't simply roll back to previous patch.

11. JohnYoga

JohnYoga Prince

Hello Civ Developers,

My game freezes, and is currently unplayable when I try to continue the game I am in.

I am playing Hotseat with my daughter. We are 114 turns into the game, and the game hung up on processing the Mayan turn. When I restarted the game, it, thankfully set us back only two turns. When we restarted, my daughter did her turn, then, when it came time for me to save the game (right after her turn, it was getting late), the game hung up on "This will return you to the main menu without saving your game. Are you sure you want to do this?" FOUR restarts of Civ for the same game, three of which was the latter issue I am mentioning above.

Ugh. Not sure about the reason for this glitch. If there is a workaround until this issue is fixed, I would appreciate someone mentioning it to me.

Regards,

Marc

12. NotSure

NotSure King

I noticed the issue with meeting CS last night and I also got a quick religion (Celts), but I wasn't paying close enough attention to when it started. I also took the happiness follower beliefs and closed the game before finishing. I'll play again in a few and see if the shrine/temple happiness is gone. The pathing issue is a minor annoyance, but this would be a big deal.

13. Deaths Advocate

Deaths Advocate Prince

I am willing to maintain such a thread? I will simply edit the op with known bugs/ fixes/ tweaks. Is that acceptable?

14. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

hello

15. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Could I see this save please? Thanks!

16. dshirk

dshirk Firaxian

Please post this save. It's not password protected, correct?

17. Cicerosaurus

Cicerosaurus Emperor

Dshirk, I just posted a report in the Bugs area about a few small problems I found with religion (different to those above). Save is included (just in case you don't glance at the thread.)

18. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

19. paceman

paceman Chieftain

DOH!! I'm a moron. That was not the correct save file. I;m very sorry. Here is the correct save and dump.

Attached Files:

20. JohnYoga

JohnYoga Prince

Correct, it is not password protected.

In any case, this issue, I think has been fixed...

I re-installed the same video driver and set the video and audio to the game's default.

I have no idea why this appears to have worked, as the game had been humming fine all along, and I have a decent video card, have 12 GB or RAM and quad core. The PC was always below 30% usage for both.

Who knows... In any case, fingers crossed; I hope this solved my problem. Perhaps if others are having the problems mentioned, the adjustments made may help them, too.

Regards,

Marc