1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Fall patch is out

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by The_J, Nov 1, 2012.

1. bc1

bc1

To me the ability to disable animations ingame was the best UI change ever made in CIV V.
    I hate waiting more than a dozen seconds between turns... But I still like to see a nuke blast occasionally ;)

2. Hammer Rabbi

Hammer Rabbi Deity GOTM Staff

no, neither do. when you get your missionary prophet next to a city tile and it still has a movement left you can click the 'convert' action. it doesnt go into any animations or movements, it calculates the new amount of followers and its effects and thats it. it just takes an extra long time beyond the normal finishing action of a unit or citizen.

i just hover my mouse over a tile to see what is on it if the borders are making it difficult. i do the same for ethiopian units that i mistake as barbarians. their colors are quite similar. it is tedious but hovering for a half second brings up the details of the tile and will say if it has a river touching it. but is still make the mistake when i get into a hurry or play impatiently.

3. Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz Prince

Just had to give up on a game playing as Augustus (Prince level). Underestimated the AI! Iron didnt turn up where I needed it and the AI (sensing I was waiting for the iron to get online) attacked from two different directions in concert with each other. Wasnt ready and got overwhelmed. I wasnt expecting this and even though I was annoyed (was in no shape to keep the game going!) Im kind of pleased because I underestimated the AI - that wont be happening again! :)

4. tf21

tf21 Chieftain

I've been playing offline and currently on ver 6.1.76.01 and using the Civ Unofficial Patch 2.0.46

Is the new patch compatible with the unofficial patch or should I dump it.

Or should I stay offline and continue as is?

Sounds like the new patch has promise, but reading through the threads also sounds like there are some issues.

5. anandus

anandus Errorist

I don't know, have you bothered looking in the thread or site of CiVUP? ;)

6. SouljahAtWar

SouljahAtWar Wasteland Souljah

FIXED! Thanks, hotfix!

7. marcusfei

marcusfei Chieftain

Where is this patch? I don't see it on steam?

8. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Should auto-download when you're online with Steam.

Try verifying your game cache.

9. TakenItEasy

TakenItEasy Chieftain

I don't understand this change. I'm playing a game where 4 of 5 Mercantile city-states have gems and jewelry. My base influence is 30 from Patronage+Protecting so assume all are at least friends.

Making more than 1 mercantile ally (of the 4) seems like a complete waste with regards to the happiness bonus. You can't even trade the duplicates.

Am I misunderstanding something?

Is jewelry and porcelain treated differently from other luxuries? If 4 jewelry gives you 16 global happiness than it would make sense.

10. Browd

Nope. In the example you cite, there is no incremental benefit in getting more than 1 of your mercantile friends to ally status. You might still want to get more than 1, in case of coups, but that would be a defensive measure.

11. TakenItEasy

TakenItEasy Chieftain

Thanks. I guess I've been playing it wrong since the patch came out.

I'm still confused about the reasoning given:

"(since you already get the luxuries then)"

All other city-states give an additional Ally bonus on top of the resources. Why should mercantile be any different?

12. Browd

Frankly, just game balance. Mercantile happiness boosts were a bit overpowered pre-patch. Could just as easily reduced friend happiness by 1 happy and left the +1 happy for ally status, but that arguably would have chopped the wrong leg of the wobbly chair.