1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: UniversCiv

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Bowsling

Bowsling Deity

Great work on the quick diplomacy everyone! :goodjob:

2. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Hear, hear. Also to Aivoturso's comment - we can include that in a next message if and when that's needed.

3. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

I've tried this with limited success (btw, Sommers was involved with this too, as we are teammates in the game which I am talking about). What this achieved was that our neighbors said something like: "it is explicit and specific that we discussed certain area between our teams and this land division does not stretch all the way west or east. It is for this specific ares only, so we can settle east of it how much we like" After we brought arguments and quotes of our talks about the border, they simply said: "You are not going to get our city, despite how much you try to convince us. Live with that"

I am not opposed to trying this of course. But I think that we either get a definitive answer from them today, or if we dont get an answer (most probably), then we manage to expel their settler with closing borders, but the main thing will be done before we have a chance to speak to them again. We will not gain much if we call them word-breakers, nor if we open up another front :D

4. 2metraninja

While fervently thinking and calculating possible outcomes from our not easy at all situation, I came with one weird idea.

What if we tell Uciv they can settle the deer, but they need us 1 favor? And this particular favor to be them sending 2-3 chariots and out of a sudden raze RB GT city? Our A1 location? :)

We kill 15 unborn RB maces/muskets with a single blow. We deprive them from land, food, hammers, etc, etc....

What you think? What we have to lose? Worst case scenario Uciv will not agree and go tell RB. And? What?

5. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

Meaning you think UCiv would commit suicide as a "favor" to us? I mean, the RB GT city is currently in RB's possession?

Since it seems there is no chance in hell we will take RB's NAP offer - not much room for doing harm :devil:

I just want to be first to bet you a double digit number of beers that UCiv is not going to DoW RB as a "favor" to us :lol:

6. 2metraninja

Double number I wont bet, but 2 beers I will bet that Uciv will agree to raze the GT city.

7. 2metraninja

It is not "suicide". RB and Uciv have no common border. Where currently RB army is, they will need more than 10 turns to travel to Uciv territory. Just about when t170 will knock and MZ will start moving his rifles in the emptied from army RB cities. Just when Ot4e will stay on the same emptied RB border with 30 knights. And just 5 turns before our cannons can hit RB's stack deep in Uciv lands if they are stupid enough to send them there. "Varus, give me back my legions!!!" :D

8. 2metraninja

I want to send them mail giving them my gtalk and skype so we possibly can chat live and have time to discuss this my idea. The time is not on our side (as always).

9. Maga_R

Maga_R Has quit civ

I take that bet :D

Even if they are very far away, I fail to see why would consider attacking RB a great idea ;)

10. 2metraninja

They were those who come to us asking us to take measures to contain RB first. And if we assure them it will be us those who will take the serious fight and they wont be left to deal with RB alone, why not help bring the top score civ down a notch or two? Also us promising Uciv that RB will never be the great power they are now, so they dont have to worry for RB making revenge on them?

11. 2metraninja

This is the draft I want we to send in just hour or two:

12. 2metraninja

We need feedback today, before turn end. Maybe, if we dont have feedback, we can still throw their settler out and then continue to possibly discuss?

13. vranasm

vranasm Deity

that would be pretty hilarious to see...

14. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

I so want to see this happen :D On top of the actual cost, it will also be devastating to RB's morale. It'll ruin our future relations forever though, so if we go in this direction we should be aware that we'll have practically no chance for peace with RB for the rest of the game.

I have some suggestions how to modify the message:
    If you get to discuss with UCiv representative online, be sure to let them know that if RB retaliates, they only need to defend for a while before we can join the mayhem.

15. 2metraninja

Thanks Aivo, I will send it with your suggested changes.

And yes, I will tell them they will be not alone for sure.

16. 2metraninja

Sent!

17. 2metraninja

Not a single word from them. Closing borders before I end the turn.

18. Aivoturso

Aivoturso King

Please, send an in-game message and maybe also a short e-mail if you need to close the borders. The message could be something like this:

19. 2metraninja

I will cautiously call this a moderate successful beginning :

20. Caledorn

Caledorn Emperor

Well done, 2metraninja!