1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Foreign Policy: UniversCiv

Discussion in 'Team CivFanatics' started by talonschild, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Sommerswerd

Sommerswerd I'll sit with you

Put a capital "W" in the first word "We" and send it. There is no harm that can be done. RB knows that we are not renewing the NAP already.

2. 2metraninja

2metraninja Defender of Nabaxica

Yes, it was one line super-paragraph and right before posting it I decided to make it at least one paragpraph-break block of text :)

3. 2metraninja

Sent this:

4. 2metraninja

LOL!

SUrprisingly we got an answer:

5. 2metraninja

What if we tell them that we need those money right away from this turn and to ask them to postpone their payments to RB and ask for conditions?

6. 2metraninja

I will go ahead and send them inquire about what are the terms for them giving us 2500 gold starting from this turn. This will slow RB's rifles by 3 turns :) If they ever accept that of course. But either way, we will know if they plan to continue gifting money to RB.

7. 2metraninja

This is what I have sent them:

8. 2metraninja

And we have an answer:

basically saying us: We will see and you will wait until then.

9. 2metraninja

And I fired up the next question to keep the pressure and keep their minds busy with us:

10. Sommerswerd

Good, anything we can do to cut off RB money supply is worth a few well placed words. UCiv can see those razed cities as well as us... RB is losing the War and it is good to keep them thinking about how their coins are getting wasted loaning them to the eventual loser. The dead don't pay back debts.

11. 2metraninja

I want to start to talk to those guys again. Last time they said they might give us money and now they say nothing. We can either get money, which we can use pretty well after we build our Oxford University, or we can hear something from them which can give us clue what they are up to. With our current victories, I think they might think twice before easily rejecting us. They might want to make new friends in us and give us money on good terms. Where we might think if this can neutralize their previous total changing of the mind to support RB.

12. Sommerswerd

I think it depends on what we will say to them. Are you sure you wont feel like a dirty backstabber to take their money now and then in some few turns come back and say "Here is your money back, now prepare to die"

13. 2metraninja

I wont even bat an eye. We asked them for help against RB, they said they will help us and the next thing we know is they are funding RB to get Rifles. We ask them for money and terms of the loan. THey give us terms - i.e 10% interest or whatever. We take their money and then we fulfill our part of the deal. After this, we go and declare them a war :) Where we are doing wrong? We wont even need to lie.

14. 2metraninja

Surprisingly, Uciv are continuing giving huge amounts of money to RB. I did not checked this, but ot4e said RB received like 800-900 gold last turn and now Uciv are again in money saving mode, making like 500-600 gpt.

15. bistrita

bistrita Warlord

i dont thik that bad righ now , usciv remains weak and we will ate rb anyway.

16. 2metraninja

Agree. Uciv could had been near infantries with this much money. And 1 axe upgraded to rifle cost 250-300 gold, where it dies just as easy as every other rifle when hit by 2 muskets or after the canons.

17. Sommerswerd

Exactly right. Let UCiv keep digging their own graves with shovels made of gold.

18. talonschild

talonschild Drive-By NESer

Regarding the UCiv negotiations, I have to say everyone else is making me so irritable/wary that I know I should be annoyed at UCiv but no longer really remember or care why. We shall be friends.

19. Sommerswerd

Because they:

1. Helped RB with a massive loan, making it a tougher slag for us in the War
    2. Promised to help us against RB but then did exactly the opposite when we needed them most
    3. Led us on that they would give us a loan but then just kept giving RB huge loans instead and didn't give us squat.

The more I think about it, the more I feel like UCiv are just the slimy bankers that will end up loaning their way to victory if someone (we) don't do something about it. We should charge them a premium... 100% of the loan they gave RB to make up for the damage they did to us, plus another 100% as a show of good faith towards us going forward, to demonstrate that they like us at least as much as they liked their RB pals.

20. 2metraninja

So, first thing - first.

We have verbal agreement with MZ and Ot4e to not extend NAPs with Uciv without consulting each-other. This means we cannot make any agreements with Uciv about NAP before we sort this out.

This agreement we made mainly under my pressure to avoid situation like CivFR's extended NAP with our then-allies leaving us to fight CivFR alone.

I think we must start by asking MZ on his opinion on that. Ot4e have no really a border with Uciv, but who knows - he might surprise us with another interesting claim?