Forums crash firefox

Déja

Beyond the Mod
It seems that the random redirects to the advertisement screens are crashing firefox. Whenever an advert screen would show, FF just up and dies on me. I have the latest versions of the browser and plugins.

It pains me to have to downgrade to IE in order to use these forums, but the advert pages load enough for me to skip them.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Nope, and I use FF.

I like your avatar. Is that an actual flag or something you made up?

No. I recently had a bout of FF freezing on me, but that was probably because I had the computer on way too long. It wasn't site specific.

Firefox has been giving me ridiculous problems on this site (and this site only), so I've switched to Opera and haven't found a problem yet. :)

I have FF and no crashes.

To clarify, I'm using Firefox on Vista.

I like your avatar. Is that an actual flag or something you made up?

I made it. It was part of the loading screen for a game I was working on a year or so ago.

Running FF (2.0.0.6) under OS X 10.3.9 for the last 2-3 days this site is so slow that if I want to post I write the entire post in a word processor then paste it in. This site is alone in being slow; every other site is behaving normally.

I’m on an old Mac G3 with a DSL connection; I know and am used to the normal lag (1-2 sec.) and this is far beyond that. Maybe some are not noticing it because their machines & connections are so fast that the lag is imperceptible.

Today the problem is intermittent; sometimes the page loads at a normal pace. On the other hand, I timed a transition from a subforum to the C3 C&C main forum (new load, not return to previous page) at 67 seconds. The load time when slow is for the site itself, not just the advert url. I still have to type posts in a WP & paste.

I've not ever had any problems with this site, and I use Firefox exclusively.... Then again, I run XP, and will eventually have a computer up and running Ubuntu Linux.... I will NEVER use Vista... I may as well buy a Mac as inefficient and resource-hogging as that sorry piece of crap OS is! :vomit:

I suggest possibly backing up all important data, re-formatting your HD and installing Linux or Win XP, since those are the two best OS's out there right now..... Hell, the computer sales rep at Circuit City (I was there the other day buying a battery-backed PS for my computer) even admitted that they're converting all the store-use PCs to SUSE Linux ever since Vista came out. :D

Talking to him.
The whole point of my post is that the common element seems to be FF since we've got the same symptoms on two completely different hardware platforms running two completely different OSs. I had to give up writing this post on-line and go back to the CnP method because of the 4 second between keystroke lag. On my Mac running OS X. It’s not Vista.

Im not sure but I dont think there is an adblocker extension for the Mac version, if it turns out that there isnt one, and Deja does not have it installed, means that is most likely the problem.

The whole point of my post is that the common element seems to be FF since we've got the same symptoms on two completely different hardware platforms running two completely different OSs. I had to give up writing this post on-line and go back to the CnP method because of the 4 second between keystroke lag. On my Mac running OS X. It’s not Vista.

So you have lag when typing a post, or filling in other input forms? Then the issue is NOT with your connection, as filling in forms happens on your own pc, and can even be done when your connection has dropped (in case you loaded the page before the connection dropped of course).

Top Bottom