Glory In the Sun

I don't know how much different it would be if we restarted. The Maine will still explode... this time though I would be ready.

(I vote restart) :p

In all seriousness though I would prefer just starting where we left off, it was getting interesting.

I'm not pulling a million diplomatic stops again for the lulz.

I have my last three sets of orders for this NES so I'd just end up sending in the same thing every time anyways. Restarting would be pointless, as I have a feeling most people would do this or something similar.

Also I'd need you all to resend the last turn's orders as they've been long deleted. But refrain from doing that until I set a deadline please.

Okay will wait to resend orders...well rewrite them.

Well Zelet, let us know sooner then later so diplomacy and the like can resume.

Diplo:

Japan is glad all of the other 170+ nations of the world have surrendered unconditionally to Japanese authority and Earth shall be henceforth renamed The Empire of Japan.

So this is definitely coming back then? :D

To: The United States of America

Your fleet cowers and hides, your forces in the Pacific are cut off from the rest of the world, while the kind women of the Atlantic Coast have proved most accommodating towards my WildenTruppen. All of this for the sake of a special brand of American imperialism, one your people haven't exactly taken to. All of this bloodshed will stop should you chose to sign the treaty below.

THE TREATY OF ST. MICHAEL

-The United States shall relinquish all claims to the Hawaiian Islands and Cuba, Puerto Rico, the Philippines and Samoa
-The Hawaiian Islands shall pass to German Military Control for the period of exactly 2 years, before a proper Hawaiian elected government can take charge. Elections will be monitored by French officials.
-The United States shall cede Germany Alaska
- The United States shall revoke the Monroe Doctrine as a staple of it's foreign policy
-The Quadruple Alliance will pay 4 EP for damages to the cities of Philadelphia, New York and Boston
-Germany will pay 6 EP for the cessation of Alaska
-The United States shall scuttle 3 of it's Dreadnoughts. Any sign of naval build up will be viewed as direct aggression against the German Empire, and it's affiliates.

Wow ... We are not in the war and find this "treaty" offensive. And aside from that why the hell would anyone want Alaska? The Emperor is not amused.

EDIT - For perspective on Alaska oil wasn't discovered until 1968 so do not use that as justification please.

To Germany
From the United States of America

We have no response to such a foolish and ridiculous treaty, so we simply threw it away without reading much of it. Present us with a real treaty and we might negotiate.

I believe you underestimate the power of America... sure our fleet cowers in the Pacific, we have none but fishing boats. Naturally when large warships loom over the horizon our fishermen race home. In this regard I have but one word for your awesome power: Congratulations.

On the Atlantic, the war is more bloodier than your captains inform you of, we have fought to a stalemate on the seas, which ended in an tactical victory for the United States as your fleet was forced to call off an apparent invasion.

In the Philippines you are losing, Admiral Dewey has found Manila Bay and even Leyte Gulf most accommodating and our sailors enjoy the fine food and women provided by the local Filipino revolutionaries who have found in America a hero and savior.

In the end, America will not settle for nothing less than the complete surrender of Spanish and German Colonies in the Caribbean and South America. From Spain we will desire two options, complete Independence of the Filipino people (the entire Philippines) or they will turn it over to America along with the scattered Spanish possessions in the Pacific such as Wake and Midway Islands. We desire no reparations.

Finally, if you want Alaska, you must pay us double what we paid Russia. We have no real desire to keep it, but we will not simply turn it over just because you hold some 100 miles of barren unpopulated country filled with ex Russian fishermen and seal hunters.

OOC: Allowing Hawaii a chance to reestablish its government is fine with America, they will simply thank Germany then message Washington for another chance of peaceful annexation by America again.

To: The United States of America

We regret to inform you that while you were toying with the patrol forces in the Atlantic, our joint Italo-Austrian-Spanish-German invasion fleet has amassed, with aid from a yet-to-be-named-fifth-party, and plans on vacationing in New Orleans. We hear the weather is gorgeous this time of year. Your fleet, of course, is welcome to join us, should they feel inclined to run the gauntlet out of Norfolk this year.

Since you have rejected our very fair, and balanced treaty, we shall continue this sport with great haste.

OOC: If that is the case, then why not accept it?

And I want Alaska, because I can have Alaska. As for what I'm going to do with it, is up to me. I didn't really spend that many resources on capturing it, you see.

OOC: That one term with everything else at Status Quo would be immediately accepted. Unfortunately everything else appeared out of place.

To Germany
From the United States of America

You picked an excellent location, New Orleans is beautiful at this time of the year. But may we offer a different invasion point? Los Angeles while hot and dry gives you unparrelled beauty as you and your forces march north to Seattle or even west through the mountains. Either way you will see much of what makes this land so beautiful.

Another option, Washington D.C, while the city itself may not appear pleasing, the surrounding lands can make conquering foreign people appear calming and make your soldiers feel relaxed in the beauty of our lands. A wise choice when invading as soldiers tend to get stressed.

New York City may appear to be a good target, due to its high desirability as a trade center and not to mention America's largest city. But since your recent bombardment and fires, the city is not as great and by landing there you may find yourself surrounded by angry New Yorkers. Not a desirable situation to be in as an soldier.

Perhaps the south? Hot and humid... few cities and lots of lands. Of all the options, this one gives you more conquest with little resistance. Though the humidity and pesky bugs may give you some trouble.

Whatever location you choose, you will be sure to see a large welcoming committee dedicated to making sure you enjoy every second of your stay. Welcome to the United States of America.

Top Bottom