Impromptu CFC Meetup, Inaguration Day, Washington D.C.

Attending the Inauguration Meetup?

• Total voters
Yeah - I'm out too. I'm going down to the mall for the ceremony, but will be leaving the city as soon as that is over (likely on foot).

And, no - you do not need a ticket to get on the mall. You need a ticket to get into the up close areas on the mall and Capitol grounds, but the rest of the mall is open to the general public.

Let's look forward to May for the next meet up...

I'm glad I didn't go. I had a better time watching it on TV with my nephew (and getting a better view) and explaining how things work to him... in nice warm heat and no elbow to elbow traffic. :p

That was absolutely one of the coolest things I had ever been to. So worth 24 hours on buses.

I went. Our group was near the Washington monument, we actually got pretty close to Capitol hill at one point and could see specks and stuff which was cool. It was great/

I went too. Sat in the middle of the WW2 memorial, so couldn't really see much but the jumbo-trons. It was a cool experience, and I am definitely happy I went. Also - since I walked instead of relying on public transportation, I was only in the city for a total of 4 hours!

I went too. Sat in the middle of the WW2 memorial, so couldn't really see much but the jumbo-trons. It was a cool experience, and I am definitely happy I went. Also - since I walked instead of relying on public transportation, I was only in the city for a total of 4 hours!

Dude we were at the WWII memorial for hours, we prolly saw each other.

Dude we were at the WWII memorial for hours, we prolly saw each other.

:lol: We camped out right in the middle next to the empty fountain pool near the wall of stars (Ok a little to the left if you are facing the Washington Monument) and watched everything on the two jumbo-trons. Did you stay there for the ceremony, or move closer to the monument?

Sounds like we had an incognito CFC meetup!:lol:

We camped out right in the middle next to the empty fountain pool near the wall of stars (Ok a little to the left if you are facing the Washington Monument) and watched everything on the two jumbo-trons. Did you stay there for the ceremony, or move closer to the monument?
\

We were just a little bit ahead of you. We were the arsehole's who kept shouting stuff constantly whenever a new politician was introduced. You probaly heard us.

Top Bottom