Infinite Worlds: Post-Cyberpunk, Pre-Utopia

Sonereal

♫We got the guillotine♫
Supporter

Link to video.
Post-Cyberpunk, Pre-Utopia

The Thirteen-Page Handbook to Running Your First Start-up!
(Click above to learn the Art of the Steal from the best of the best!)
First of all, I want to welcome you to the Academy. I know, I know, you paid a lot of money to be here. A lot of money. Schools like ours have gotten a bad rap, some even called scams. We're not like those other schools, and really do care about you taking the lessons you learn in the thirty grand three-week course to the marketplace.

Things aren't easy in 2050 for a lot of people. Earth-Luna is dealing with the Green Flu, the Martian colony failed (rest in peace), there is talk of conflict in the Middle East again (thoughts and prayers), and you're worried about whether you can afford that second European vacation this year. We at the Academy understand, and like I said, we will make sure you do well out there in space or here on Earth. I'm not rambling, and yes, this counts as instruction.
Infinite Worlds is IOT's first and likely last Elon Musk simulator. Players create characters and form companies (sometimes with other players!) and compete for markets on Earth, Luna, Venus, Mercury, and Titan. This competition can take the form of old-fashioned "let the better company win" to "lets sneak a bomb on one of their ships".

This is a game about market position, not military position, even if your company does sell guns and artillery to the damnable EuroUnion and have mercenaries working across the Indian sub-continent.

Will you corner the market on shipping between Earth and the colonies or settle on running a small farm in Nebraska? Will you take the high road and run glitzy advertising campaigns to promote your company's latest streaming originals, or take the dark road of spreading rumors about the lead actor in a rival network's hot new show? How flexible are your morals? Do you even have any? If so, consider running a non-profit on the moon.

Final word: There is one starting NPC. The UN-backed International Shipping Company is a small firm that runs cargo lines from Earth directly to Mercury, Venus, Luna, and Titan. The ISC is likely going to be a non-profit, but not by choice, because Jesus Christ do you know how expensive running a cargo line directly to a moon of Saturn is? Pretty expensive!

If you have any questions, ask them here in thread or message me on the Discord!

FAQ

Q:
When are sign-ups closing?
A: Pretty sheep question! The answer is "sign-ups don't close".

Q: When is the first update, I mean?
A: April 6th, corporate-willing.

Q: What is a sheep?
A: Suckers who get hunted by sharks. Are you a sheep or shark? Doesn't feel good to be questioned, does it? That's because you're a shark, and sharks hate being questioned. Or you're a sheep because being questioned makes you nervous. You're either a shark or sheep is what I'm getting at.

Q: Whatever happened to TheSpoonyOne?
A: He started a Patreon and claimed he would make a movie if he reached $5,000 a month, which gave him another excuse to stop making content people wanted in a timely manner. As his monthly earnings fell, so did his attention to the community until, finally, he was banned from Twitter and his forums shut down. Also, you as funny as yelling "BETRAYAL" at E3 is, good luck getting invited to expositions in the future. Very complicated individual, and if you want to know more, please consult this game's wiki.

Q: Is this the same universe as Stars Without End?
A: No.

Q: What's keeping me from [some powergaming strategy]?
A: Other companies following your lead and erasing your short-term gains. But I can't blame you. Motto of the game is CREAM.

Q: Is there a map?
A: No. Worlds are lined up in a straight line and given a number called their Range Band. The sun is at RB-0. Earth is at RB-15. Moons exist in the same RB as their parent, and distance increments of 15 RBs is a penalty to shipping.

Q: What does that mean?
A: It means shipping to Titan is hilarious.

Last edited:
World Workbook: This contains a ledger of worlds and key market information for each world, including supply and demand and shipping bottlenecks. This workbook will be updated constantly with new information, so keep your eyes peeled.

Corporate Workbook: This contains a ledger of existing corporations, industrial lines, expected profits, and more. Like the World Workbook, this will be updated constantly as new information comes up.

Action: A list of actions, length of time, and wealth and employee requirements.

Errata

Added Digital Services under Professional Contracting. Covers everything from social media to online advertising and streaming and video uploading. Does not cover the creation of big budget original content (like House of Cards), which falls under Artistic Creation - Exotic Refinement.

Last edited:
Subbed. Signup will come when I get my head around the rules.

ditto

Character Name: Aaron Black
Company Name: Black Hole Investments
Motto: "All of it." [Greedy]
Faction: United States of America

OOC: If you are interested in a joint business project, contact me.

Character Name: Subhas Chandra Bose
Company Name: Indian Arms and Defense
Mission Statement: "We will increase our profits by controlling every portion of our supply chain and internalizing costs, as well as securing for India a competitive edge in arms technology"
Faction: India
Starting Line: Arms Production to Earth

Last edited:
Archived Headlines:

Prime Minister Choraghad Denounces "American-Pakistani Axis". Vows India will be "the final nail in the American coffin".

President Kensley Patrick Issues First Public "Post-Nuclear Review".

China Looks to the Stars. Zhou Ah Stands Above "Antiquated Terran Conflict".

EuroUnion Chancellor Bachelet Sabre Rattles, "The Baltic Nations Demand Freedom."

Suspected Russian Involvement in Illicit Trafficking Sparks Inquiry in Brussels

Character Name: Sergio Orellana
Company Name: Mammoth Provisions
Mission Statement: “Supplying our future”
Faction: Titanic Industries
Starting Lines:
  • Basic Electronics from Earth to Titan
  • Live Animals from Earth to Titan

Last edited:

Character Name:
Mark Zhu
Company Name: TransLuna Incorporated
Trade Symbol: TLUNA
Motto: "The final frontier is us."
Faction: China

alexyu.png

Character Name: Greg Arnold
Company Name:Front Gate Corporation
Motto: "We're the Front Gate to the Future"
Faction: USA!
Starting line:
Professional Contracting-Digital Services: Earth

Last edited:

Character Name: Sylvester Kasonde*
Company Name: Cheetah Resources
Faction: Republic of South Africa
Mission Statement: "The best goddamn mining company in the solar system." [Aggressive]

*originally from Zambia, now resident of South Africa

Last edited:
Yo you all have 50 Wealth you can spend on industry lines.

Patch Notes

1. Services no longer require passenger shipping. A service line can provide service to the world it is on or remotely to any world within 15 RBs.

2. The Republic of South Africa and Islamic Republic of Pakistan added as factions.

3. Basic Industrial Parts are Basic Machine Parts. This was a wording issue due to combining two sourcebooks for the game.

4. Went organic. This is now a non-GMO IOT.

Orders - Black Hole Investments:

New Lines:

• Live Animals, Earth -> Luna [15 Wealth, 10 Employees]
  • Basic Electronics, Earth -> Venus [15 Wealth, 10 Employees]
  • Basic Electronics, Earth -> Venus [15 Wealth, 10 Employees]
Actions:
  • Initiate a Hiring Campaign [10 Employees]
  • Privatise Stock Options for Employees [5 Employees]
Wealth In Reserve:
  • 5 Wealth
Pay For Quarter:
  • Good

Last edited:
Character Name: Ila Anjali Amit
Company Name: Amit Electronics
Mission Statement: "Building Tomorrow's Technologies Today".
Faction: India
Starting Line: Manufacturing/Basic Electronics

Orders - Amit Electronics
Invest 15 Wealth into Manufacturing/Basic Electronics

Actions:
Initiate a Hiring Campaign (5 Wealth/10 Employees)
Send Agents into the market to discover trends
Privatise Stock Options for Employees [5 Employees]

Pay for Quarter: Good

Remaining wealth placed in Reserve

Orders - Mammoth Provisions

Employee Compensation
Good

New Lines
None

Current Lines
No changes

Actions
Initiate a hiring campaign (10 employees, 5 wealth)
Privatize stock options for employees (5 employees)

Character Name: Perry Ellis
Company Name: Seekers Inc.
Motto: "Wouldn't you like to know?"
Faction: Venusian Colonies

New Lines:

Automated Mining, Basic Ore, Venus [10 Wealth]
Manufacturing: Basic Manufactured Goods, Venus [15 Wealth]

Actions:
Initiate a Hiring Campaign [5 Wealth/20 Employees]

Compensation:
High

Starting Lines:

Wealth: 50 // Employee Pool: 36

> Basic Electronics on Earth to Luna. [15W, 10E]
> Basic Raw Materials on Earth to Luna. [10W, 10E]
> Cargo Line Transit Earth to Luna. [25W, 10E?]
Wealth: 0 // Employee Pool: 6

Last edited:
I'm extending the sign-ups to Wednesday because I've received far more sign-ups than I thought I would and need some time to consolidate some backend stuff and announce factional news.

Top Bottom