Is Donald Trump Done for?

He certainly plays more golf than any other president and has spent an extra hundred million dollars on security to do so.
A podcast by Malcolm Gladwell that I listen to showed a major correlation between the amount of time spent playing golf by CEOs and negative stock market performance by their companies. The more they play, the worse their companies tend to do, which is not that surprising when you think about it but I'm glad someone did the leg work proving the correlation. Golf scores are posted on unsecured websites and with a bit of scripting, you can scan and harvest information for given CEOs.

As was said on another forums, ‘perhaps that's why it's called sh**posting’.

Long, long ago I posted a China Uncensored youtube about Trump's trade war with China, well here's another one from an American living in China, his blog posts mainly positive video about China, this one looks at the trade war from an American small business' in China.

Long, long ago I posted a China Uncensored youtube about Trump's trade war with China, well here's another one from an American living in China, his blog posts mainly positive video about China, this one looks at the trade war from an American small business' in China.
It was an interesting video. What he said was that in the past both the US and China benefited from an unbalanced, but happy, trade relationship where China made goods for the American market that enabled China to grow and expand its economy and the US got great products at a low price. He did talk about tariffs, but doesn't really understand them. Then he went off about Vietnam and how the US is moving its manufacturing there because costs are high in China and relations are more difficult. His other videos are much better and more interesting.

Exactly... because it's easy to do nothing... especially when people praise you for it... See "Office Space"
Heh. He'll get reelected because he has not been doing nothing.

Any proof of that. All evidence points to the exact opposite by a large margin.
Look for references to executive time. Trump spend many hours a day returning and making calls. There is a list of articles talking about how disorganized his time is, but they all concede he is doing something at all hours of the day and much of the night. Also, don't discount golf. A round with the President may be worth more politically than a night in the Lincoln Bedroom. If you recall, Bill Clinton used to sell those for campaign contributions.

J

"He ain't been doing nothing" you say? Poor grammar aside... I guess we agree.
It's correct grammar, referred to as negative pregnant.

Still, it's always nice to find points of contact. By agreeing, I assume you mean that Trump has accomplished a great deal rather than that he will be reelected.

J

It's correct grammar, referred to as negative pregnant.

Still, it's always nice to find points of contact. By agreeing, I assume you mean that Trump has accomplished a great deal rather than that he will be reelected.
I'm glad you agree that my grammar was correct, however it doesn't change the fact that yours isn't. And of course Trump has accomplished a great deal. He's gotten a four year vacation on the American people's dime, for the low low price of doing a bunch of ad-libbed, speeches. Just ramble nonsense and incomplete sentences off the top of your head for a few months... and get made the leader of the free world? Yes, its an excellent deal he's gotten, we agree.

LMAO GM Makes most of it money, profit and sell most of its cars in Ghina
Dose he even realise how South Korea, Taiwan and Japan all travelled the same path, with government subsidies and protectionsim ?
The rest seems to be pretty fair

I can also say that the same about US, with its Military invasions, reckless trade wars and gaslighting.

I'm glad you agree that my grammar was correct, however it doesn't change the fact that yours isn't. And of course Trump has accomplished a great deal. He's gotten a four year vacation on the American people's dime, for the low low price of doing a bunch of ad-libbed, speeches. Just ramble nonsense and incomplete sentences off the top of your head for a few months... and get made the leader of the free world? Yes, its an excellent deal he's gotten, we agree.
Now you are being disingenuous. You were not using negative pregnant. You quote a block of text, change the person, conjugations and declinsions as appropriate and insert a single negation at the head. I find it odd that you don't recognize it. I would think that it is a standard part of your pleadings toolbox.

Four year vacation my eye. Being investigated is never fun, especially if you know yourself to be innocent. That said, don't kid yourself. Trump has done a lot to streamline things. Rules and regs are hard to get rid of even if they have outlived their time. Under Trump tens of thousands are gone. Hundreds of others are being reconsidered. Take, for example, Waters of the United States. The rules considered dry gulches in a desert to be waters within the meaning of the statute. Typical bureaucratic overreach. No wonder bureaucracy means ruled by desks.

There is major tax reorm in the books. He is also overhauling the Federal bench, but you knew that. There have been major changes in the Department cultures. Can you imagine Betsy DeVos under a quiet President like Bush? So far he has been stymied on the wall, but not for lack of effort. Do you understand why he will be running on a promises made = promises kept platform?

J

Because his supporters are morons?

They love to to get poisoned, denied care, and kept stupid. That's for certain anyways. Four more years!

‘Negative pregnant’ is not a thing in grammar.

Now you are being disingenuous.
Quoted without comment.
EDIT: Actually I will comment... you left out an italicization.
You were not using negative pregnant.

I would think that it is a standard part of your pleadings toolbox.
Yes, it is very common for laypersons such as yourself to "think" lots of things in that regard... which is exactly why actual professionals are needed... to actually know rather than "think" they know.
Trump has done a lot to streamline things.
Yes, ignoring all the rules with impunity and generally not doing jack squat to benefit average Americans or the people of this planet in general certainly streamlines things for him. Not giving crap about anyone but yourself is a great way to streamline your life. Glad we once again agree. We're on a roll this weekend.

Erm, Sommer, it's Monday.

Because his supporters are morons?
They love to to get poisoned, denied care, and kept stupid. That's for certain anyways. Four more years!
There are morons everywhere but the real moron is someone that cannot understand that Trump is doing a good job for the Republicans. One step lower are the idiots that don't understand why there should be more than one party. In any event, I agree--four more years.

‘Negative pregnant’ is not a thing in grammar.
It has a wiki page. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_pregnant

Quoted without comment.
EDIT: Actually I will comment... you left out an italicization.
Yes, it is very common for laypersons such as yourself to "think" lots of things in that regard... which is exactly why actual professionals are needed... to actually know rather than "think" they know. Yes, ignoring all the rules with impunity and generally not doing jack squat to benefit average Americans or the people of this planet in general certainly streamlines things for him. Not giving crap about anyone but yourself is a great way to streamline your life. Glad we once again agree. We're on a roll this weekend.
I thought it would be used in pleadings because the lawyer that taught it to me used it in pleadings, usually when something was slightly off and she did not want to tip her opponent as to what. For example, "...Article 4 (b) iii grants the court jurisdiction in this matter." Suppose the actual citation should be Article 4 (d) iii. You could reply, "...respondent denies that Article 4 (b) iii grants the court jurisdiction in this matter." See also wiki, above.

Trump has been a good President. It's time to face the reality. Far from ignoring the rules, he has been so conscientious that Mueller couldn't find anything wrong. Wiping a drive containing subpoenaed information or destroying handheld devices with a hammer would constitute breaking rules with impunity.

J

Trump has been a good President. It's time to face the reality. J

Republicans have a great track record of re-electing good Presidents.
You elected another moron, whos running another trillion dollar deficet, losening banking regs and gaslighting again.

Last edited:
Top Bottom