Issues with defining Antisemitism and the 'problem' on The Left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Israel has actually achieved many succeses far beyond great military defence. From economics through culture to science and without need of religious or political background. This is what I am missing in arab countries.

As a person with a military background I'm not really seeing "we go in and spread slaughter among the impoverished on a regular basis, just to keep them in line" as a "success of great military defense." As to the bit about economics, science, and culture, what does that have to do with human rights and secularism, which you said "arabs" should choose even though Israel does not?

As a person with a military background I'm not really seeing "we go in and spread slaughter among the impoverished on a regular basis, just to keep them in line" as a "success of great military defense." As to the bit about economics, science, and culture, what does that have to do with human rights and secularism, which you said "arabs" should choose even though Israel does not?
First at all, I am not of military background. I was the only year of birth forced for military concript with free choice to refuse it. I just showed my naked ass to army doctor and then said I am not interested in the military career:)). Everyobody fighting in the army for IDF is one of most respected armies in the world. Sometimes its much harder to fight in urban area against small arms than on the field with the tanks, this was IMHO proved by some US operations. But still, IDF heavy forces made great things in the history when manpower and number of vehicles were not in their favour.

I believe its communitating vassels. If you supress artists for religious or politicals reasons and support only official one, your culture will be struggling. If your science will be driven by religion, you will not have good science. If you will act against laws, the investions and people from abroad will not come.

If you will act against laws, the investions and people from abroad will not come.
Sure, but if you say "the purpose of our laws shall be making things great for Tims at the expense of all others" then I might well be on my way. Similarly Israel, substituting Jews for Tims, of course. Surely you recognize that the attractiveness of Israel is distinctly imbalanced.

Sure as sunrise *I* would never consider emigrating to Israel. If I wanted to live in a country with gross systemic discrimination I could just stay here, where it is actually in my favor. But even though it is in my favor it still grosses me out. The thing I find shocking about Israel is that it is so hard to find any indication that anyone there is grossed out by what their country does, as long as it is doing it "for them."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom