[LP] Leader Pass Pack 1: Great Negotiators (Nov. 2022) - Patch Notes Discussion

Well, her abilities in the screenshot are completely different than the one in the text. Wonder which one it actually is...
Huh, I would say the screen shot is accurate since that's what happened with Caesar's abilities.

I mean this is largely "Free" stuff, so I'm avoiding complaining.

Also I feel the thread's name is a misnomer/misleading since these are just the breakdown. We still have no idea if a patch IS coming.

I expect it must largely due to Julius Caesar's ability, but had it not been for him I'd honestly be doubting a Patch since all of their abilities I believe can be done with current modifiers.
I feel guilty for complaining for the same reason. I guess I was hoping for a drop that I would be glad to pay for.

Well, her abilities in the screenshot are completely different than the one in the text. Wonder which one it actually is...
Huh. Didn't see that till' seeing this. That's a bit odd.
Ehm. its already released? I have no update
1 PM EST, they're just releasing the details beforehand.

The negative loyalty on plantations is going to be pretty bad when you're trying to conquer lands. I think you're basically going to have to bring a worker to destroy them until you can establish a new foothold. But if you time those IZ they'll basically run the table with Man-At-Arms pushes, with a bunch of free units resource-free, while also getting bonus amenities back home. Assuming they get that - it doesn't show on the screenshot they posted on the page, but listed in the text.
I think it’s actually pretty interesting, as it puts a soft pressure on Lincoln’s expansion and forces the player to consolidate territory because the more you conquer without expressly managing the territory you gain, the more likely it is for your empire to fall into a civil war

Which is pretty thematic and neat

Not super impressed with these abilities.

Lincoln's Loyalty penalties don't seem particularly impactful, and all they do is softly discourage settling for plantation luxuries. There will be an indirect Amenity hit as a result of not aquiring these resources, so you may end up having to take the minor Loyalty penalty to grow. Free units on industrial zones is fine, reminds me of England's ability.

Nzinga's ability ironically makes here a perfect colonial master. And you certainly aren't incentivised to trade, so it looks like World Domination is the way to go.

Sultan Saladin is a straight buff for Conquest or Religious victory.

Lincoln is the only one of substantial interest to me. Nzinga is moderately interesting, while Saladin is barely interesting at all.
Saladin is Greece level of Intersting...

1669052413079.png

Lincoln - A bit meh. I need to play or see a livestream to see the implications of Loyalty. Maybe they are more relevant than what it currently looks like. Clearly settling new cities near enemy's borders for the purpose of grabbing plantation luxuries might not work so well for him, but the player will know how to circunvent this (just wait a bit longer for pop to grow?), so the AI will be the one screwing it up everytime, probably.

Nzinga - I'm guessing the ability in the picture is incorrect? Or is it the text? I like Lady Six Sky's ability so I don't mind if it's the one in the picture. It's probably the text though. I'm fine with that as well. I also like that it's the reversal of Teddy for unit strength. The balance for trade routes seems fun. I think it's a simple but effective design.

Saladin - "+100% Flanking and Support Bonus to all Combat and Religious units" is pretty bland. Obviously I'll be more conscious of that aspect of the game.

Overall I'm not impressed by the abilities. Saladin is boring, Nzinga's design isn't over the top but it seems pretty fun to me, Lincoln seems like it's trying to achieve something but getting nowhere fast with those Loyalty bonuses/penalties (but will require actual playing to really see the effects).

Are we assuming Lincoln's ability to not count for conquering?

I think it’s actually pretty interesting, as it puts a soft pressure on Lincoln’s expansion and forces the player to consolidate territory because the more you conquer without expressly managing the territory you gain, the more likely it is for your empire to fall into a civil war

Which is pretty thematic and neat
I agree.

Honestly to me negative loyalty bonuses makes more sense than negative amenities. I'm sure some citizens with plantations in their city will be happy. :shifty:

Honestly, they should have kept both the Loyalty and Amenities maluses in for R&F and GS. It makes more sense, and the Ability has more meaningful consequences.

Pretty underwhelming, IMHO.

I wouldn’t have expected a bug patch with this particular release, as otherwise I would have thought we’d hear about it in the livestream.

But that doesn’t mean there isn’t a bigger fix patch that will drop as part of the pass ala the community update?

Abilities are fairly interesting and I prefer that they are subtle. Babylon as a Civ has put me off the devs shooting for the stars haha. Plus it’s free content that no doubt has considerably less man power in it. I’m just glad the models are of good quality

Honestly, they should have kept both the Loyalty and Amenities maluses in for R&F and GS. It makes more sense, and the Ability has more meaningful consequences.

The Amenity malus just straight up disincentivises the building of Plantations - the whole point of getting Luxuries is for the +1 Amenity. At least the Loyalty mechanic can be counteracted.

Top Bottom