[LP] Leader Pass Pack 3: Rulers of China (Jan. 2023) - Patch Notes Discussion

Going tall with Yongle seems interesting, particularly since you can use a city project specifically just to boost your population. I'm not terribly enthused about Catherine di Medici 2.0 with Wu Zetien. It just seems rather lazy and uncreative. It's not weak, but it's not something that screams "play me now." Qin seems potentially interesting using cheap melee units as fodder to convert barb camps. You'd want to be selective and keep your experienced ones, but using throwaway new ones like apostles who can actually defend themselves is an interesting twist for warmongering.

What's up with the models for the loading screen? Just... why?

There's nothing wrong with it per se, but again, it's completely at odds with the normal design. I'll have to depend on modders again to fix it, like they did with the leader icons...
yeah, they clearly do perfectly fine getting good stills of the actual models, its what we got in the prelease material after all. weird

downloading right now! will post when i get to test if converted warriors get their own conversions, unless someone ninjas me
ok i finally was able to verify! converted melee units keep the ability to convert! so snowballing your number of melee units is entirely possible!!! ^_^ lessgoooooo

Qin is the ability I like the least because it’s most at the mercy of RNG. Some overzealous city state neighbours and it won’t really function.

I don’t like the look of Yongles projects but I do like his tall play style emphasis.

Wu Zetian is the most straightforward but being able to steal tech, art and money from Classical and be rewarded with science and culture seems quite potent. (Although slightly RNG as well assuming you don’t properly nurture your first spy)

@boesthius is reporting that Yongle is "broken". He will explain how when he releases his next video in an hour or so.
oh boy thats ominous...
edit: oh its in the OP way, thats better. im much more fine with a leader being OP in a way the AI prolly wont stumble on (fingers crossed, knocking on wood) than the ability simply not working

Friendly reminder- each Chinese leader represents Chinese Dynasty
Qin( both new and old personas):Qin
Wu zetian: Tang Dynasty
Kublai: Yuan Dynasty
Yongle: Ming Dynasty

Really sad there is no leader for Han or Qing...
Hopefully we have Kangxi emperor in civ 7.
(AOE3 players should be familiar with him)

The files that were updated on the public build include Vanilla, RNF, and GS, as well as the Nubia DLC.

Not sure if these have been posted anywhere else but here are the new agendas according to the civ wiki.

Qin (Unifier):
Sihai-Wants all Barbarians following his side, and does not like civilizations that destroy Barbarian outposts. Likes civilizations that leave Barbarian outposts alone.

Wu Zetian:
Court Intrigue-Likes civilizations who pose no threat. Dislikes civilizations with strong military or ones with nearby cities.

Yongle:
Yinding-Likes civilizations with a positive Gold income per turn. Dislikes those with a negative Gold income per turn.

Hopefully we have Kangxi emperor in civ 7.
As a second leader, perhaps. I'd be very surprised to see China led by an emperor from a conquest dynasty in the base game. Then again, we've had Cleopatra more than once, and France and Greece get habitually led by Napoleon and Alexander respectively so who knows. Still, I'd expect to see emperors from Yuan or Qing (or less likely Jin, Liao, etc.) to come later. Taizong of Tang gets my vote for Civ7 China. If we get the Kangxi Emperor or another Qing, while they'll probably be speaking Mandarin, I think it'd be fun if they spoke Manchu. :D

Wu Zetian:
Court Intrigue-Likes civilizations who pose no threat. Dislikes civilizations with strong military or ones with nearby cities.
Because the Paranoid agenda is always fun. Then again, Abraham Lincoln got my personal most hated Hidden Agenda in the game as his Historical Agenda so... :p

Anyway, I started a game as Yongle. I'm still early game so his abilities aren't super helpful, but I did actually run his food project a little in the early game to help build up my capital. I'm very much looking forward to my large cities exploding all my yields--and lucky me, I have plenty of room to expand. :D I'm playing on Continents, and only Qin (Unifier) is on my continent. I do like his model; it annoys me, though, that his agenda approval/disapproval messages are the same as Mandate of Heaven Qin (I know this isn't news and all the personae do this--it's just annoying).

Top Bottom