[LP] Leader Pass Pack 3: Rulers of China (Jan. 2023) - Patch Notes Discussion

There are some changes in the KublaiKhan_Vietnam_Monopolies_MODE.xml file. The AI should be better at improving tiles with monopolies&corporations mode.

I've found no other major changes, except some text fixes and Nader Shah +3 Faith bugfix.

Last edited:
Thoughts on the new leaders...

Yongle: I very rarely build city project, apart from spaceports and maybe holy site boosting to secure a religion. They never seem worth the turns, so leaders like Pedro and Catherine de Medici often lose some of their luster for me. However the other part is pretty cool, I'm all for more civs that make building tall viable.

Wu Zetian: Cool ideas! I do find a lot of espionage in civ 6 to get tiresome so I often just permanently park my spies on defense, but I'll be sure to try to be more offensive for a game with her.

Unifier Qin: I can't tell if this is incredibly OP or incredibly boring. Maybe both.

Unifier Qin: I can't tell if this is incredibly OP or incredibly boring. Maybe both.
I would say its incredibly start dependent. If you get enough early barb units you could probably steam roll your two or three nearest neighbors. If you don't then you don't really have anything to work with.

There's some really good synergy with Wu Zetian and Owls of Minerva.

Indoctrination in the industrial Era gives +2 spy capacity.

Master Plan in the atomic Era gives "Whenever an offensive spy mission is successful, you also gain half of the Gold, Faith, Culture, and Science that the targeted city earned that turn. "

With her 50% bonus, it stacks so you get 100% science and culture. Pericles and Seondeok are prime targets.

There's some really good synergy with Wu Zetian and Owls of Minerva.

Indoctrination in the industrial Era gives +2 spy capacity.

Master Plan in the atomic Era gives "Whenever an offensive spy mission is successful, you also gain half of the Gold, Faith, Culture, and Science that the targeted city earned that turn. "

With her 50% bonus, it stacks so you get 100% science and culture. Pericles and Seondeok are prime targets.

Hmm. I wonder if Unifier Qin can use vampires to convert?

There are some changes in the KublaiKhan_Vietnam_Monopolies_MODE.xml file. The AI should be better at improving tiles with monopolies&corporations mode.

I found no other major changes, beside some text fixes and Nader Shah +3 Faith bugfix.
Firaxis took the code from my mod Real Fixes: Luxuries and included in at the end of this file. They didn't even bother to reformat it...

Firaxis took the code from my mod Real Fixes: Luxuries and included in at the end of this file. They didn't even bother to reformat it...
Well, good to know there's still someone at FXS bright enough to recognise a good piece of code and have the necessary expertise to put it in where it belongs.
And I believe all that legal stuff we press a button to consent with without reading contains the necessary provisions for owning all the work modders do free of charge. But then I don't really see the reasons for withholding the DLL, all this game's bugs could have been fixed for free in this way eons ago.

Yongle seems really busted. 2 Gold, 1 Science, 1 Culture from Yongle is equal to Tokugawa's bonus, but Yongle gets that amount per population and Tokugawa gets that per specialty district (roughly 3 pop), and Tokugawa is already really strong. Growing to 10 pop is also not that hard when you have an Aqueduct + IZ + the project. And he almost always satisfies 1 of the 2 Rationalism conditions as well. China is truly scientific now. Can't wait to play him.

Top Bottom