[LP] Leader Pass Pack 6: Rulers of England (Mar. 2023) - Patch Notes Discussion

Elizabeth's trade route ability is bugged, she gets them on all foreign trade routes not just city states!
I just confirmed this. It’s weird since it’s seemingly set up correctly in the game files…
EDIT: Nevermind--I don't think it's bugged at all. See my post below!

Last edited:
Elizabeth's trade route ability is bugged, she gets them on all foreign trade routes not just city states!

Can you post a save? #askingforafriend

OK, actually, scratch what I said. It does NOT appear to be bugged. It IS confusing though!

289070_20230329170900_1 - Copy.png

In this screenshot, you can see the tooltip from my city Canterbury (which has 1 specialty district, the Holy Site) to Yerevan.

"+3 Gold from Districts in [X city]" is standard. The City Center gives +3 Gold for all international trade routes.

For Yerevan, it says +6 because they have a Harbor, which also gives +3 Gold. The +3 from Elizabeth's ability is "from other bonuses" -- because I have a Holy Site in my sending city.

TL;DR: No bug! Just tooltips that might be confusing :)

Are things normal with the game music for you? I've just realised that the soundtrack stopped playing some time ago and I'm hearing only the ambient sounds for an hour or so. When I go to leader dialogue screen, the respective music starts playing as it should, but it stops when I'm back on the map.

Technically those are all wrong.
Roman numerals should all be capitalized throughout. It's not "Ramses Ii" or "Jayavarman Vii" after all.
The funny thing is that they ARE capitalized. All the names like "Menelik II" etc. are correct in the game files. It is the UI feature that just makes the first letter BIGGER by 8 pts.
I actually changed one of my mod to get rid of that stupidity once and for all.
phil2.png

Are things normal with the game music for you? I've just realised that the soundtrack stopped playing some time ago and I'm hearing only the ambient sounds for an hour or so. When I go to leader dialogue screen, the respective music starts playing as it should, but it stops when I'm back on the map.
The music stops working after the first track.

I am shocked at how they keep introducing bugs into the games with patches. Isn't this game 5 years old? Why is it still a problem?

Last edited:
If the music is indeed broken after the first track, that is seriously disappointing and definitely is worth another patch to fix.

So I'm playing Elizabeth right now, and she's working as intended. No bugs.

Anyone else playing her? What does it show for you?

Edit: just saw @pokiehl 's post. So yeah, it does appear everything is in working order.

Random thoughts:

- Ugh, another "trade with me" leader? Hopefully she doesn't get mad if she's on the other side of the planet and I CAN'T trade with her like the Netherlands, although I bet they just reused the code
- I think industrial revolution England is my favorite one this pack. Piracy England and Varangian Norway are a bit too war-ish for me, I don't like playing war games, although Norway pillage-into-science games are fun... but without all the naval/coastal pillaging (replaced by levied unit pillaging, I guess) I"m not sure how effective that'll be. I guess that's good synergy with Norway's pillaging bonus, though.

Just started a turbo-quick game to try AoS Victoria. The barbarians are crazy. I threw both Germanies, Harry, Liz, Amanitore into the mix. Seems OK so far but I'll have to continue after work to get to the more interesting middle of the game. Elizabeth announces herself as Queen of Britania, but shouldn't that have two N's? A minor quibble.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but it appears Varangian Harald’s preferred religion seems to be Eastern Orthodoxy.

Not sure if anyone else has seen this but it appears Varangian Harald’s preferred religion seems to be Eastern Orthodoxy.
Indeed.

XML:
    <FavoredReligions>
        <Row LeaderType="LEADER_ELIZABETH" ReligionType="RELIGION_PROTESTANTISM"/>
        <Row LeaderType="LEADER_HARALD_ALT" ReligionType="RELIGION_ORTHODOXY"/>
        <Row LeaderType="LEADER_VICTORIA_ALT" ReligionType="RELIGION_PROTESTANTISM"/>
    </FavoredReligions>

Makes sense to me.

Anyone else having this issue? There's two reports already and I'm starting to sweat a bit.
I don't think we should rule out a patch/hotfix. I haven't played it yet, so I don't know, but if this music thing is a common issue, it'll totally get fixed.

They're done with content, but I'm sure they wanna leave the game in great condition.

Last edited:
There is a bug with my game as well. Music won't play and it is all quiet all of sudden. Can someone fix it with a mod please? Please 🙏

Top Bottom