LK164 - CCM, AWM, Korea

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Mar 7, 2021.

1. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

ROSTER:
    Please keep science at 4 turns. Lowering it and hoping for a good steal is a roll of the dice. I prefer not to gamble. I’m trying to go down paths I don’t think the AI will. I hope to steal our way to communism. I don’t want a revolt until after our GA is done.

Multiple civs are probably south of Seoul. Please don’t explore much that direction.

Spy targets = Germany (theocracy), Britain (govt?), China (govt?), Aztec (democracy), Greece (theocracy), and Arabia (democracy). They are the 6 tech leaders. Remember, we can’t steal from republics. Spies in the other civs are a low priority.

We just need to get ahead enough to build any wonder for our GA.

LKendter
    Jersey Joe (up)
    Elephantium (on deck)
    Greebley

Attached Files:

2. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

Impressive turnset. :salute::clap:
    Without looking at the map, I think Greece, with some gold, looks like a good target and might fund a steal attempt or 2. China would be even better, but the are hiding from us.
    Also, I am going to be building science and financil buildings so we can keep up the 4 turn learning cycle after our Golden Age ends.

I got it.

3. LKendter

There are a lot of cities building factories. After that, they can continue onto science and money buildings before going to units.

I went for Turkey because there is a LOT of open land. I think we can gain 100s of tiles by simply building cities. They should fold relatively fast.
    I suspect Greece and Turkey are neighbors mostly behind the mountain range.
    I'm not sure how much more tech we can steal. We are ahead of the AI on the bottom of the tree.

No matter what things are easier as they front is far shorter.

4. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

I tend to agree -- we can push S through Turkey to the ocean E-ish of Thessalonica, enclose the C-3/C-4 area completely, and quickly add a dozen or so cities to fill in the space. I'm hoping a few can become powerhouses in the turns we have left -- perhaps another 50-60 turns? It's hard to gauge vs. the previous game due to the save corruption.

We now have 19% world area 29% world population: 1934 AD.
    Prev game had 21% world area 29% world population: 1928 AD.

I do expect us to leapfrog past the last game's stats as we fill in the grasslands.

5. LKendter

Any teasers?

6. Jersey Joe

Yes, for my first 4 turns. It is taking me a long time to complete a turn with all the MM and having to watch hours of enemy ships wasting their time bombarding our cities. Bright side is that every ship is at least 1 less ground pounder.

Continuing 1934 AD: Victory Screen: 19% world area; 29% world population
    Clocks are going obsolete in 4 turns. Therefore, I change all current Clock builds to some other useful building. Also, Power Plants provide an additional 50% shields verse Gas Holders 25%, where possible I change builds from Gas Holder to Power Plant.

IBT: Three (3) of our regular Cavalry regiments, and 1 Partisan are killed by various enemy forces (Arab, Greek, Aztec, and Turkish) (0, 4).
    Aztecs begin building X-Ray Machine.

1935 AD:

Near Chittagong: eHorse Artillery kill 2 Greek WWI Infantry (2, 4); Cavalry kills Line Infantry (3, 4); eCavalry kills WWI Infantry (4, 4); eCavalry killed by WWI Infantry (4, 5); Heavt Artillery kills WWI Infantry (5, 5); eCavalry kills Horse Artillery (6, 5); eCavalry kills Heavy Artillery (7, 5).

Palisades Park is built. At Palisades Park: eCavalry is killed by Greek WWI Infantry (7, 6); eCavalry kills Line Infantry (8, 6); eLawyer signs WWI Infantry to preform “Over There”. (9. 6); Cavalry kills Camel Corp (10, 6); Cavalry kills Adventurer (11, 6); Cavalry kills Line Infantry (12, 6)

Capture of Thessalonica: Cavalry kills Greek Line Infantry (13, 6); Cavalry kills WWI Infantry (14, 6). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 762 gold to our treasury.
    eCavlary kills Partisan (15, 6).

Capture of Istanbul: Cavalry kills Arab Adventurer (16, 6); Cavalry kill 2 Turkish Janissary Musketeers (18, 6); Cavalry killed by Janissary Musketeer (18, 7); Cavalry kills Janissary Musketeer (19, 7); Cavalry killed by Janissary Musketeer (19, 8); Cavalry kill 2 Turkish Janissary Musketeers (21, 8). Istanbul joins our benevolent Monarchy.
    Cavalry kill 2 S. African Trebuchets (23, 8). Rifleman kills Aztec Cannon (23, 8).

Capture of Bursa: Cavalry killed by Turckish Janissary Musketeer (23, 9); Cavalry kill 3 Janissary Musketeers (26, 9). Bursa joins our benevolent Monarchy.
    Rifleman kills German Adventurer (27, 9). Rifleman kills Arab Adventurer (28, 9). Riflemen kill 2 Turk Janissary Musketeers (30, 9); Riflemen kill 4 Archers (34, 9); Cavalry kills Heavy Archer (45, 9).

Capture of Izmit: Rifleman killed by Arab Adventurer (45, 10); Rifleman kills Arab Adventurer (46, 10). Cavalry kill 2 Turk Janissary Musketeers (48, 10). Izmit joins our benevolent Monarchy.
    Riflemen kill 4 Spearmen (52, 10); Riflemen kill 2 Archers (54, 10); eCavalry kills Archer (55, 10); eEnslaver captures Archer (56, 10), and we get a Great Leader.
    Great Leader rushes a Factory in Tangier.
    Cavalry kills German Adventurer (57, 10).

IBT: Out of nowhere the “annoyed: Indo-Chinese contact us demanding we give them Naval Power in exchange for Mounted Archery. :lol: I make a generous counter proposal: they give us 17 cities or “pay the consequences”. They think that having mounted Archer makes them a mighty nation and refuse to surrender. They leave us no choice, :dunno: but to declare war on them. :hammer:
    Our Pirate ship is sunk by an Indo-Chinese Ship (57, 11).
    Greeks are building X-Ray Machine.

1936 AD:
    South of Yellow Dot, eCavalry kills Persia Nizam Infantry (58, 11).

Capture of Edrine: eCavalry kills Mexican Heavy Artillery (59, 11). eCavalry kills Turk Janissary Musketeer (60, 11). We get a Great Leader.
    Great Leader rushes Dockyards in Stockholm.
    eCavalry kills Janissary Musketeer (61, 11); Cavalry kills Janissary Musketeer (62, 11). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and we get the Luxury Resource “Tropical Fruit” :D

Capture Mycenae: eCavalry kills Greek WWI Infantry (63, 11); Cavalry killed by WWI Infantry (63, 12); Cavalry kill WWI Infantry (64, 12); Cavalry killed By WWI Infantry (64, 13); Cavalry kill 2 WWI Infantry (66, 13). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 1189 gold to our treasury.

Capture of Uskudar: eCavalry kill Turk Janissary Musketeer (67, 13); Two (2) Cavalry are killed by Janissary Musketeers (67, 15)’ Cavalry kill 4 Janissary Musketeers (71, 15). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy.

East of Iznik: Cavalry kill Turk Medieval Infantry (72, 15); Cavalry killed by Medieval Infantry (72, 16); eLawyer kills Spearman (73, 16); eRifleman kills Assyrian Swordsman (74, 16); Lawyer signs Crossbowman to preform in Bursa (75, 16); Lawyer kills Medieval Infantry (76, 16).

Capture of Sinop: Cavalry killed by Turk Janissary Musketeer (76, 17); Cavalry kills Janissary Musketeer (77, 17); Two (2) Cavalry killed by Janissary Musketeer (77, 19); Cavalry kill 2 Janissary Musketeer (79, 19). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy.
    Cavalry kills S. African Trebuchet (80, 19); Cavalry killed by Crossbowman (80, 20); Cavalry kills Crossbowman (81, 20).

Near Ismet: Rifelmen kill 2 Turk Archers (83, 20); Cavalry kills Bombard (84, 20); Rifleman kills Janissary Musketeer (85, 20); Rifleman killed by Janissary Musketeer (85, 21); Rifle kills Janissary Musketeer (86, 21) and captures a Settler.

Near Edrine: Cavalry kills S. African Medieval Infantry (87, 21); Cavalry kills Chariot (88, 21). Rifleman killed by German Adventurer (88, 22); Cavalry kill German Adventurer (89, 22).

IBT: Rifleman kills Aztec Villista (90. 22); Rifleman killed by Villista (90, 23). Commerce Raider sunk by Indo Chinese ship (90, 24).
    We catch the Greeks attempting to Plant a spy in our Capital. At least 1 more turn when they cannot use up the gold spying on us ;)

1937 AD:

Near Sinop: eCavalry kills Aztec Heavy Artillery (91, 24) and we get a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes University in Halfa.

Capture of Herakleia: Heavy Artillery killed by Greek WWI Infantry (91, 25); eHorse Artillery kills WWI Infantry (92, 25); eHorse Artillery killed by WWI Infantry (92, 26); Horse Artillery kill 2 WWI Infantry (94, 26); Heavy Artillery kill 2 WWI Infantry (96, 26); eRider kills Adventurer (97, 26); eCavalry kills WWI Infantry (98, 26). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 1212 gold to our treasury.

Capture of Argos: eCavalry killed by Greek WWI Infantry (98, 27); Two (2) Cavalry killed by WWI Infantry (98, 29); Rifleman kills WWI Infantry (99, 29); Camel Corp kills WWI Infantry (100, 29); Rifleman kills WWI Infanty (101, 29). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 1232 gold to our treasury.

Capture of Antalya: eCavalry kills Turk Janissary Musketeer (102, 29); Three (3) Cavalry are killed by Janissary Musketeer (102, 32); Lawyer kills Janissary Musketeer (103, 32). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy.
    Cavalry kills Aztec Heavy Artillery (104, 32).

Capture of Konya: Cavalry kills Turk Janissary Musketeer (105, 32). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy. Cavalry kill 3 Archers (108, 32).

Near Uskudar: eCavalry kills Aztec Villista (109. 32): eCavalry kills Aztec Villista (110. 32) and we get a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes a Factory in Black Dot.
    Cavalry kill German WWI Infantry (111, 32);

Near Bursa: Cavalry kill 3 Aztec Villista (114, 32); eRifleman kills Cannon (115, 32); Cavalry kills Heavy Artillery (116, 32); Lawyer kills Adventurer (117, 32).

Crossing the Mountains east of Uskudar: Riflemen kill 2 German WWI Infantry (119, 32); Rifleman killed by WWI Infantry (119, 33); Riflemen kill 3 German WWI Infantry (122, 32); Rifleman killed by WWI Infantry (122, 34); Cavalry kills WWI Infantry (123, 34).

IBT: Cavalry killed by German WWI Infantry (123, 35).
    Our Spy in Greece is caught :sad:

1938 AD:
    We learn about ham Radios. Start researching The Corporation.
    We plant an agent in Athens.

Pre-Dreadnought sinks Canadian Galleass (124, 35).

Near Argos: eCavalry kills Greek Line Musketeer (125, 35); eCavalry kills Adventurer (126, 35). eCavalry kills Aztec Adventurer (127, 35).

Near Yellow Dot, Lawyer signs Arab Nizam Infantry to acting contract (128, 35).

Near Uskudar: Rifleman killed by German WWI Infantry (128, 36); Rifleman kills WWI Infantry (129, 36). Cavalry kills Arabian Adventurer (130, 36). Cavalry kills Aztec Adventurer (131, 36). Cavalry kills Greek Adventurer (132, 36). Rifleman kills S. African Medieval Infantry (133, 36). Rifleman kills Aztec Line Infantry (134, 36); eLawyer signs Tlecuahuitl to dance contract (135, 36); Rifleman kills Villista (136, 36); Lawyer kills Tlecuahuitl (137, 36); eRifleman kills Villista (138, 36). Rifleman killed by German Cannon (138, 37); Rifleman kills Cannon (139, 36).

Capture of Salonika: eCavalry kill 2 Janissary Musketeers (141, 36). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy.
    Our borders now touch the Aztec (?) borders. Rifleman kills Aztec Late Pike (142, 36);

Capture of Mugla: Cavalry kill 2 Janissary Musketeers (144, 36). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy. Many German troops are around the city.
    Rifleman killed by German WWI Infantry (144, 37); Rifleman kills WWI Infantry (145, 37); Cavalry kills Heavy Artillery (146, 37); Cavalry kills WWI Infantry (147, 37); Rifleman kills WWI Infantry (148, 37); Cavalry kill 2 WWI Infantry (150, 37); Cavalry killed by WWI Infantry (150, 38); Cavalry kills WWI Infantry (151, 38); Heavt Artillery kills WWI Infantry (152, 38); Rifleman killed by Horse Artillery (152, 39); Cavalry kill Horse Artillery (153, 39). Cavalry kills Turk Camel Musketeer (154, 39). eEnslaver captures Worker.

Annexing Denizli, Cavalry kill 2 Ottoman Pikemen (156, 39). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy.

Razing Bolu, Cavalry kill 2 Ottoman Pikemen (156, 39). The city, size 1, is automatically razed.

Annexing Kafu, One (1) Cavalry dies while w kill 2 Turk Janissary Musketeers (158, 40). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and ...

Securing Kafu, we lose 3 Cavalry and 4 Riflemen killing 3 Aztec Late Pike, 1 Line Infantry and 5 Villista (167, 47).

IBT: Cavalry killed by Persian Adventurer (167, 48).
    Rifleman killed by German Horse Artillery (167, 49); Rifleman kill WWI Infantry (168, 49).
    At Taegwon, Rifleman killed by Arabian Heavy Artillery (168, 50).
    Production of X-Ray Machine in SK Hynix is sabotaged, it is now 3 turns to finish.

However, all news is not bad :)

1939 AD::sad:

Will have to try again next turn.:mischief:

To be continued at a later date.

7. LKendter

I expected Turkey to fold fast. I didn't expect that fast. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am I right that we are going to place multiple filler cities?

I was surprised to see the Aztec border comment. I didn't think they were one of the civs behind the mountains.

Don't we have a spy in China? They should also have some goodies to steal.

8. Jersey Joe

No spy in China. Greece had the techs I wanted to steal and I am pretty sure (except fro Persia) that the Greek are least expensive steal. Cost to steal is partially based on how far from the capital you are.
    Right know China, Greece and the Aztec know 3 tech we do not Corporation (we are studying that), Fascism and Improved Ammunition. Fascism is the most expensive tech so that is the one I want to steal.
    If China learns Mobilization before either Greece or the Aztect, I would try to steal from China.
    Conquering Turkey that fast used up the few settlers I built and the majority of our railroad teams. Once spare settlers are available we can fill in.
    I am not sure it is Aztec, but it looks about the right color. Here are 2 maps which show the border.
    The portion of Greece that joined our empire.

Lands acquired from the former Turks.

9. LKendter

Seeing the picture of Turkish lands confirms what I suspected. I don't care if the cities don't do much. NE of Turkey can claim 100s of tiles. At 3 culture / turn 2nd ring won't take long. I suspect enough time for 3rd ring in 34 turns. That ignores if we get any more sources of auto-culture.

Why is slow growing Hebron building a steamroller? I know we need more, but I really only want to use up excess pop.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  10. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Nice progress!

I agree it seems time to start grabbing lands on the far side of the mountains. Maybe we can start pushing East to set up a new front line that is more straight.

11. Jersey Joe

Continuing 1939 AD: Victory Screen: 22% world area; 32% world population
    Near Izmet: eHorse Artillery kill Aztec Villista and Line Infantry (170, 50).
    North of Mugla: Cavalry kill Prussian Horse Artillery (171, 50). Rifleman kills Persian Adventurer (172, 50).

Capture of Huexotla:

eRider kills Aztec Villista (173, 50); eCavalry kiled by Villista (1732, 51); eCamel Corp kill Villista (174, 51). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and brings with it 2 Zeppelin.

IBT: North of Mugla: Rifleman kills German WWI Infantry (175, 51); Rifleman killed by WWI Infantry (175, 52).

1940 AD:
    Cost to Steal Tech: China = 5156; Aztec = 5068: Greece fail to planet spy.
    Since I am frugal, I will attempt steal from Aztec.

At Namp’o, Pre-Dreadnought sinks Persian War Galleon (176, 52).
    At Novgorod, Pre-Dreadnought sinks Canadian Fireship (177, 52).

Capture of Santander, WWI Infantry kills Aztec Villista and Federal Infantry (179, 52). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy.
    WWI Infantry kills Adventurer (180, 52). eRifleman kills Greek Late Pike (181, 52); eHorse Artillery kills Rifleman (182, 52). We get a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes Factory in Paegam

Near Salonka, eCavalry kill 2 Arab Adventurers (184, 52).
    Near Edrine, eLawyer signs S. African Med Infantry to dance contract (185, 52).

Capture of Tepexpan: eCavalry killed by Aztec Villista (185, 53); eCavalry kill 2 Aztec Villista (186, 53). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy.
    Lawyer kills Arab Adventurer (187, 53). Lawyer signs German Adventurer to acting contract (188, 53).

Near Kafa, eHorse Artillery kills Aztec Late Pike (189, 53).
    Near Denzil, eCavalry kill Persian Adventurer (190, 53). Cavalry killed by Indo-Chinese Cannon (190, 54); Cavalry kills Cannon (191, 54); eLawyer kills Cannon (192, 54).
    Near Iznik, Cavalry kills Persian Heavy Artillery (193, 54).

1941 AD:

None of our enemies have learned Motorization. I am going to wait till next turn hoping it will be available to steal then.

Capture of Troy: eCavalry kills Greek Rifleman (194, 54). We get a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes University in Shadow of Eternity.
    Cavalry killed by Rifleman (194, 55); Cavalry kills Rifleman (195, 55). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy, along with 382 gold and 2 Zeppelin.
    Cavalry kills Rifleman (196, 55); Cavalry kills WWI Infantry (234, 69);

Capture Pietermaritzburg: eCavalry killed by Greek Line Infantry (196, 56); eCavalry kills Greek Late Pike (197, 56); WWI Infantry kills Line Infantry (198, 56). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy, along with 397 gold.
    eCavalry kill WWI Infantry (199. 56); eCavalry killed by WWI Infantry (199, 57); Heavy Artillery kills WWI Infantry (200, 57); eHorse Artillery killed by WWI Infantry (200, 58); Horse Artillery kills WWI Infantry (201, 58); Cavalry killed by WWI Infantry (201, 59); eCavalry kills WWI Infantry (202, 59); eRifleman killed by WWI Infantry (202, 60); eCavalry kills WWI Infantry (203, 60); eCavalry kills WWI Infantry (204, 60).

Capture Marathon: Horse Artillery kills Greek Rifleman (205, 60); Cavalry kills Rifleman (206, 60). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy, along with 413 gold.

South of Huexotla: Calvary kills German Adventurer (207, 60); Lawyer signs Adventurer to movie contract (208, 60). Cavalry kills S. African Adventurer (209, 60). eCavalry kills Mexican Federal Infantry (210, 60); Cavalry killed by Federal Infantry (210, 61); WWI Infantry kills Federal Infantry(211, 61); Cavalry killed by Early Supertank (211, 62); Cavalry kills Early Supertank (212, 62).

Capture Zitlaltepec: Cavalry killed by Mexican Federal Infantry (212, 63); Cavalry kill 2 Federal Infantry (214, 63). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy. The city is renamed Zitpec. Enslaver captures Steamroller, we get 2 slave workers. eCavalry kills Trebuchet (215, 63).

Near Kafa: eRifleman kills Aztec Adventurer (216, 63); Rifleman killed by Adventurer (216, 64); WWI Infantry kills Adventurer (217, 64)

Capturing Tequixquiac: eCamel Corp kills Aztec Villista (218, 64); eRifleman kills Villista (219, 64). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and adds 3 Zeppelin to our air force. The city is renamed Tequila by the Champs. Cavalry killed by S. African Rifleman (219, 65); WWI Infantry kills Rifleman (220, 65).

IBT: Near Tequila by the Champs: WWI Infantry kills S. African Adventurer (221, 65); Rifleman Kills Adventurer (222, 65),
    At Salonika, Cavalry kills S. African Adventurer (223, 65).
    Near Zitpec: WWI Infantry kills Mexican Federal Infantry (224, 65); WWI Infantry killed by Federal Infantry (224, 66).

12. Jersey Joe

1942 AD:
    Cost to Steal Motorization: China = 5218; Aztec = 5130: Greece = 5140; Arabia = 5232

Well the agent survived. Hopefully, she can now get the information

At Denizli, Rifleman kills British Adventurer (225, 66).
    At Namp’o Pre-Dreadnought sinks Persian Heavy Frigate (226, 66).

Capturing Rhodes: eHorse Artillery kills Greek WWI Infantry (227, 66); eCavalry kills WWI Infantry (228, 66). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 881 gold to our treasury, plus 2 Zeppelin to our air force. eEnslaver captures a Worker and we get a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes Wall Street in Seoul.

Capturing Eretria: WWI infantry killed by Greek HMG (228, 67); Cavalry kills HMG (229, 67); eCavalry kills Line Infantry (230, 68); eCavalry killed by Line Infantry (230, 69); eCavalry kills Line Infantry (231, 69). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 926 gold to our treasury.
    Cavalry kills Partisan (232, 69). eCamel Corp kills WWI Infantry (233, 69); Cavalry kills WWI Infantry (234, 69); Two (2) Cavalry killed by WWI Infantry (234, 71); Cavalry kills WWI Infantry (235, 71); Rifleman killed by WWI Infantry (235, 72); Heavy Artillery kills WWI Infantry (236, 72); WWI Infantry kill 2 WWI Infantry (238, 72); Cavalry kills Camel Corp (239, 72).

Near Yellow Dot, eCavalry kill 2 Arab Line Infantry (241, 72).
    Near Iznik: Cavalry killed by Prussian Line Infantry (241, 73); Lawyer signs Line Infantry to movie contract (242, 73).
    Near Whispering Pines, eLawyer kills Persian Crossbowman (243, 73).
    Near Kafa, Cavalry kills Aztec 2 Adventurers (245, 73); eLawyer sign Adventurer to movie contract (246, 73); WWI Infantry kills Adventurer (247, 73); WWI Infantry kills German Adventurer (248, 73); WWI Infantry kills Aztec Villista (249, 73).
    Near Mugla, Rifleman kills German WWI Infantry (250, 73).

While marching towards the next city to add to our empire we encounter the Austria-Hungarians. They have a small empire of 15 cities which they refuse to join us in uniting the world governments under our banner. :nono:
    Therefore, I declare war of them. :ninja:

Capture of Cempoala: Horse Artillery kills Austrian Rifleman (251, 73); eLine Infantry kills Aztec Late Pike (252, 73). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy.
    Ecavalry kills Federal Infantry (253, 73); Cavalry kills Line Infantry (254, 73). Cavalry kills Austrian Musketeer (255, 73); Cavalry kills Line Infantry (256, 73). Cavalry kills Aztec Adventurer (257, 73).

IBT: Near Magla, WWI Infantry kills German WWI Infantry (258. 73); WWI Infantry is killed by WWI Infantry (258, 74).
    Near Kafa: WWI Infantry kills S. African Adventurer (259, 74); WWI Infantry kills Aztec Villista (260, 74); WWI Infantry killed by Federal Infantry (260, 75); WWI Infantry kills Federal Infantry (261, 75).

1943 AD:

We are now the leaders in tech among know civs.

Capture of Port Elizabeth: eCavalry kills Greek Line Infantry (262, 75); eHorse Artillery kills Musket Infantry (263, 75); eCavalry kills Early Armored Car (264, 75). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 937 gold to our treasury, plus 2 Zeppelin to our air force.
    Enslaver captures Steamroller and we get 2 worker slaves)

Near Novgorod, Pre-Dreadnought sinks Canadian Merchantship (262, 75).

Near Cempoala: Early Armored Car killed by Austrian Dragoon (262, 76); Armored Cars kill 2 Austrian Dragoons (264, 76); Armored Car kills Heavy Artillery (265, 76); Armored Cars kill 2 Horse Artillery (267, 76); Armored Car kills Cannon (269, 76); Armored Car killed by Cannon (269, 77); Armored Car killed by Camel Corp (269, 78); Armored Car kills Cannon (270, 78); eCavalry kills Heavy Artillery (271, 78); Cavalry kills Camel Corp (272, 78).

Defending Taegwon: eRider kills British Trebuchet (273, 78); eCavalry kills Trebuchet (274, 78), we get a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes University in Paegam.
    Cavalry kill 2 Heavy Artillery (276, 78); Cavalry killed by Cannon (276, 79); eCavalry kills Cannon (277, 79); Heavy Artillery kills Trebuchet (278, 79); Armored Cars kill 3 Trebuchet (281, 79); eYoga converts Cannon (282, 79);

Near Rhodes, Camel Corp kills Greek Adventurer (283, 79); Cavalry killed by Infantry(283, 80); eLawyer signs Infantry (284, 80) to music contract and we get a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes Factory in St. Petersburg.Near Kafa, Cavalry killed by Mexican Federal Infantry (284, 81); WWI infantry kills Federal Infantry (285, 81); Cavalry kill Federal Infantry (286, 81); eRifleman kills Adventurer (287, 81); Armored car kills Federal Infantry (288, 81).
    Near Eretria, Camel Corp kills Greek WWI Infantry (289, 81).

IBT: London completes Victorian Era. This could give Britain a golden age.
    At Whispering Pines, Rifleman is killed by Persian Cavalry (289, 82).
    At Denzil, Sinanju Night Tiger kills Arab Adventurer (290, 82).
    Near Kafa, WWI Infantry killed by Aztec Adventurer (290, 83).
    Near Cemploala, Cavalry kills Mexicam Federal Infantry (291, 83). That Cavalry is then killed by Austrian Camel Corps (291, 84).

1944 AD:
    Near Port Elizabeth, eCavalry kills Greek Line Infantry (292, 84).

Annexing Ephesus: eCavalry kills Greek Musket Infantry (293, 84) and gets a Great Leader. Great Leader rushes Power Plant in St. Petersbug.
    eCamel Corps kills WWI Infantry (294, 84). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 1029 gold to our treasury. eEnslaver captures Steamroller and we get 2 worker slaves. Enslavers capture 2 more Steamrollers giving us 4 more worker slaves.

Annexing Sparta: Heavy Artillery kills Greek WWI Infantry (295, 84); eCavalry kills 2 WWI Infantry (297, 84). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 1640 gold to our treasury.

Annexing Pharsalos: eCavalry kills Greek WWI Infantry (298, 84); Cavalry killed by HMG (298, 85); Armored Car kills HMG (299, 85). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 1132 gold to our treasury. Lawyer signs worker to heavy metal contract (300, 85) and captures a Steamroller giving us another 2 worker slaves.

Annexing Athens: Two (2) Armored Cars killed by Greek WWI Infantry (300, 87); Armored Car kills WWI Infantry (301, 87); Two (2) Armored Cars killed by WWI Infantry (301, 89); Armored Car kills WWI Infantry (302, 89); Cavalry kill 2 WWI Infantry (304, 89). The city is added to our benevolent Monarchy and 1840 gold to our treasury.

North of Axum, Pre-Dreadnought sinks British Frigate (305, 89).
    At Namp`o, Pre-Dreadnought sinks Indo-Chinese Paddler (306, 89).
    At Novogorod, Pre-Dreadnought sinks Canadian Merchantship (307, 89).
    At Taegwon, eLawyer sing British Trebuchet to Flying Circus contract (308, 89).
    South of Denizil: Armored Cars kill 2 Indo-Chinese Cuirassier (310, 89); Armored Car kills War Elephant (311, 89); Cavalry kill 2 War Elephants (313, 89).
    At Whispering Pines: eCavalry kills Persian Cavalry (314, 89); Armored Car kills Rifleman (315, 89).
    At Zitpec: Heavy Artillery kills Mexican Federal Infantry (316, 89); Two (2) Cavalry are killed by Federal Infantry (316, 91); eLine Infantry kills Federal Infantry (317, 91); e WWI Infantry kills Federal Infantry (318, 91).
    Near Kafa, eWWI Infantry kills Aztec Adventurer (319, 91).

Notes:
    • Victory Screen: 26% world area; 35% world population
    • Axum has started Battlefield Medicine as a pre-build for Ford’s Factory. The 3 troops stationed in Axum are needed for happiness (Actually I did not want the corruption. Two (2) of the keystone cops could be real clowns and then the extra troops would not be needed).
    • Extra Settlers are parked near Sariwon, beween Mountain River and Seoul.
    • Great Artist is just west of Seoul. Also, Lawyer, Yoga, Enslaver are near Seoul.
    • We have 1 Spanish Steamroller that only does 5 units of work not the normal 10.
    • Screenshots to follow.

Attached Files:

13. Jersey Joe

Here are some shots of our empire as of 1944AD:
    Zoomed out:

Territory to settle:

Aztec and jungle:

Greece Cities Captured:

14. LKendter

Glad to see tech is now longer an issue. It is nice to probably be the top dog.
    It may be getting to the point where stealing a map will be worth it.

I don’t see a lot to comment on. It has clearly hit the steamroller phase. It is just a question how many more turns are needed. I am sure I have one more set, but not sure about a second.
    I still see plenty of spots for new cities around former Turkey.

ROSTER:
    Please keep science at 4 turns. I’m not sure how much stealing is left.
    I don’t want a revolt until after our GA is done.

Spy targets = Germany (theocracy), Britain (govt?), China (govt?), Aztec (democracy), Greece (theocracy), and Arabia (democracy). They are the 6 tech leaders. Remember, we can’t steal from republics. Spies in the other civs are a low priority.

LKendter
    Jersey Joe
    Elephantium (up)
    Greebley (on deck)

15. Elephantium

Great progress! I've got it.

16. Jersey Joe

Hebron could do it fast with little waste of shields. Something I thought about while posting this. Population is not linear. Seoul at pop 29 has a population of 4,278,000 while Yakutsk at pop 13 has a population of 934000.

We are getting close to victory. I would not be surprised if I did not get another turn in this game.
    If it is going to take 30 turns to build something, the game might be finished before the build completes.
    So how about we have most towns just build units (settlers, steamrollers, adventurers, Infantry, armored cars, ...).

Are we going for a Space Launch victory in LK165?

17. LKendter

Yes. We will have to come up with limits. I don't want conqueror most of the world, then wait to launch a ship.

18. Jersey Joe

Suggestions:

We adopt Republic (for the extra gold to help research) and Fascism (worker bonus) governments.

We limit the reasons we can use to declare war:
    • To gain a Strategic Resource we do not have within our borders.
      • We may only keep cities that extend our borders to the resource.
        • All captured cities must be staved down to no more than 2 foreigners.
      • After gaining the resource we must make peace as soon as possible.
      • However, we do not have to make peace if the enemy demands payment.
    • After repeated (2 in a row?) demands to have a country remove its troops from our territory (excluding ships) we can declare war and kill the invaders.
      • We can only enter 1 tile into the enemy's country to kill them.
      • After killing the invaders in our territories we must make peace as soon as possible.
    • Declare war on a foreign power to stop them from winning the game.
      • We must make peace as soon as practical.

19. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

-Use only auto-produced settlers?
    -No tech steals?

20. Elephantium

I really like the idea of a normal-ish expansion by early warfare, stopping roughly around the time we learn Railroads. Rails and especially combat settlers really set us up for blitz mode.

What if we just mandate switching to Democracy once we learn rails? That ought to prevent our typical end-game.

Or maybe, once rails are in play: We raze all enemy cities that we capture. Mobile settlers can only be built in the capital.

Early game can be similar to most of our games to make space competitive. I don't want us to add restrictions that cripple us in the early game when we're just trying to slow down explosive growth in the late game!

Dwarven Zerker likes this.