1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

LK164 - CCM, AWM, Korea

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Succession Games' started by LKendter, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Jersey Joe

Jersey Joe Steadholder Supporter

Assimilating the Vikings into our benevolent Monarchy should have reduced the number of clowns. :goodjob:
    Stockholm could be a high shield production city.

If you haven't already. please start some prebuilds for Steamrollers:please:

2. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Today's pic:
    LK164_AD1921.png

3. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

We built 16 Steamrollers on the same turn we got Explosives. There are some others that were not rushed that are building. Stockholm has rushed Capital and Factory with 2 leaders.

The bad news is we have met more new civs than we have eliminated.

4. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

Great! :woohoo:

Welcome news :dance:

Oof. How advanced are they? 3 new civs at the Poland or Viking level isn't bad...but 3 more at Spain's level will be a bit tougher.

Still, not to worry. We have enough troops to handle the initial rush, and I expect we'll have our rail backbone in place within 20 turns (should only take 7 with ideally-placed workers + Steamrollers, but a lot of them were poorly positioned for the initial rail effort).

5. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Turkey is sending a bunch of units but is primitive.
    Canada is not on our landmass - contact was the cost of taking out the Vikings (so worth it).
    China was a random fly by ship, so no idea where they are.

6. Jersey Joe

Ditto Elephantium's post.
    Getting Steel without needing to learn it is big. If no one has started building The Blue Riband great wonder we should have a good chance at building it in Axum using Battlefield Medicine as a prebuild. Might even be able to get it if it was already started depending on shields availible in rival town.

We have eliminated at least 5 civs ( Nubia, Israel, Russia, Poland, and the Vikings). I think China, based on the wonders they have built, is the tech leader.

7. LKendter

LKendter Exterminate, exterminate, exterminate!!! Supporter

I agree with you. I suspect they are the cash leaders.

8. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Mongols are also gone.

9. Jersey Joe

:thumbsup:

10. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

Preturn: Some towns need MM so I go through them all and check. Several starved due to to many foreigners we are at war with and several will do better with more buildings to make them content. I really prefer not to need entertainers as that lowers our science/engineer count.

Mongol spy is only 60 so I do plant one and succeed. It is just past the next Spanish city so we should be able to take them out.

We already have a viking spy. I locate their last city on the island. It looks like I can build a Steamer to get 6 units across. It is speed 5, slowed in coastal but still should be able to make it in one turn. Taking it out means Viking cities won't flip and will lose their unhappiness, so worth doing. They only have 2 Pike and a cannon at the moment. It will take several turns before I can take them out. This way I also don't have to starve them down as mentioned at top.

I lower science to 50% after MM.

We have several exposed units and no real defenders. I decide to upgrade some def 5 to def 6 as we are facing attack 8 Spanishunits... Oh nice! We have a Monk nearby. By using the monk the mobility of Spain is reduced which should protect most of the exposed units.

Start Constitution in Wonsan. It is the only city that can build it in 7. Olsztyn needs happiness so I start a theatre before considering the capitol. For the capitol, Stockholm be a good place if I can take out the Vikings as mentioned above. That would require a leader so I don't start it yet.

IBT: Larger Arabian stack shows up near capital.

1914 AD: Clear units around Daidu. Since we need to heal move in enough units to keep from flipping. Kill mostly Arabian units that are reachable. Two Cav losses on the final unit.

IBT: Persia has fast troops showing up which will be a bother.

1915 AD: Drop off 2 line Infantry and 4 Cavalry on Gavle's island.

Build hayan on the white dot of the dot map.

We have extremely bad RNG this round. The loss of 5 Cavalry to the south is a little high vs str 8 units, but the real problem is we cannot win against the arabian def 6 units. We lose 4 without killing any - they have 1,2,3 hp left. We also lose one of our artillery units trying to take out the Cannon. One Cavalry will likely die next round because it is next to the mostly untouched stack.

I switch the capital and one other city to Cavalry to replace losses.

Got a leader but on the wrong side of the map for a Stockholm Capital. Instead rush Constitution in yellow dot.

Sent units ahead towards Vitoria and the last Mongol city.

IBT: Lose a Cavalry I didn't realize was exposed.

1916 AD: We finally spotted a Turkish unit. They don't have Physics so will be weaker units.
    Declare war.

Despite tough 8/8/1 Spanish units everywhere, the Vitoria is guarded by 1 Pikeman so we easily take it. This allows us to be near the last Mongol city.

1917 AD: Build our first rail.

Finally get a leader down south. Will rush the Capitol in Stockholm.

Capture Beja which has grown to size 2. This is the Magreb city in our lands mentioned by Elephantium.

IBT: Lose a Cavalry in Vitoria to the only Mongol fast unit (which Spain comes along and kills). Lose two Cavalry I left exposed (one 'sacrifice' that killed heavy Artillery and one I miscounted movement). We win the other attacks.

1918 AD: Rush Capital in Stockholm with leader

Move units near Mongol last city.

IBT: Canada contacts us and we declare war. They are missing Juripresence.

We capture the last Mongol city and they are gone.

1919 AD:

Unfortunately we meet china as well - so 2 gone but 3 met. Boats from other civs is getting popular.

We see a number of Turkish units. They have a number of fast units, including a special one of speed 3 we need to be careful of. Fortunately the defense is all low so we can kill without losing much.

Since we are losing barracks I spent some money giving certain towns an up to date defender.

1920 AD: Capture Zargoza. This is the Spanish town with the Pikes.

Build Paigon on red dot

Start toward the Indian city.

IBT: China and India sign a MPP.

We build/short rush/rush 15-16 steamrollers.

Karakorum flips back to Spain. We lost 4 units. We got 2 riots so I think the city has a happiness building. I cycle ahead to fix others. [Edit: Ya, it had neuenstein which has happiness]

India declares war on Australia.

1921 AD: Retake Karakorum.

Indian city of Karachi captured.

Capital built in Stockholm.

The steamrollers delayed military builds, so I switch back to more Cavalry and Infantry. We still want to switch to Factories soon for towns that don't have them however.

Got another Leader. Will rush Factory in Stockholm

IBT: Zargoza deposes us. I had left only 2 units in the city.

1922 AD: Capture Zargoza back again.

1923 AD: Build RR 'Front line' on the front near the capital for mobility reasons.

Line up attacks on Hyderabad and Jaipur for next turn.

Gain 2 leaders and rush 2 factories in core cities (both were in the north).

Notes:
    RR goes from front to nearly the turn south. There are some crew also on the southern path. I did not yet extend to other cities as I want to link fronts first.

I suggest roading the forests near Paigon so we can attack into them and then retreat so we don't leave units exposed. I had to advance into them to clear out units so this is a good opportunity to do so next turn. If there had been more units just behind them, I would have had to expose units to attack.

We still have factories and gas holders to build for more shields. I think we will have enough units when we link both fronts (should be around 1-2 more turns to do so).

I tried putting a few extra units to supress Zargoza. Don't leave them in long as they are a flip risk.

I think I forgot to do a final check of the city MM so check for riots and such.

Here are the two fronts.
    LK164_AD1923a.png
    LK164_AD1923b.png

Attached Files:

11. LKendter

Something got screwed up with Red Dot. I didn't want two cities that close. I must have missed JJs proposed site. I really don't know what do with it. A city that close to the capitol shouldn't have that much overlap.

I got it.

12. Greebley

Greebley Deity Supporter

It looks like I was the one to make a mistake. I misplaced the city by a square. Apologies for that, I knew they were closer than usual, but I would/should have double checked as they are actually overlapping which wasn't intended.

I guess I was thinking more about strategic positioning of holding the front line.

13. LKendter

Early set teaser:

14. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Lurker:

Great pix.

15. LKendter

Mid set teaser:

16. LKendter

Late set teaser:

Dwarven Zerker likes this.
  17. Jersey Joe

Much better than the Blue Riband :clap::hatsoff::goodjob:

18. Elephantium

Elephantium Elephants think that people are cute, like puppies

We could abandon Red Dot/Paigon and re-settle 1SE. We're going to learn Atomic Theory = Motor Settlers soon, making the resettlement "almost free". Once the railnet is up, we'll hit the "explosive growth" phase of the game, and even more so with combat settlers.