M&ANES III: Reunion

"Oh, i must say, that was a poorly worded request.
I understand what you wish, but beleive me when i say that it would be of no use to you if i looked you in the eyes."
Lucas picks up a small glowing sphere lying on the table next to him.
"The artefacts that i wish aquired, are, as you possibly know, ancient swampmen artefacts.
I intend to use them to research swampmen culture."

"And this research will have what end? What consequences? I have no problems slaying swampmen or bandits who threaten and endanger the lives of the innocents, but an expedition like this requires higher justification. What is your vision, Lucas?"

Driel wandered through the streets of Nokrath. His path always seemed to bend towards the Emporium for some reason but first he visited the Eldritch Armoury. The proprietor did not seem too happy.

"Um... before you try to run me through with that sword, which is no doubt expertly forged, perfectly balanced and in the hands of a true surface warrior, I would like to point out the celestial blades I have. I'm friends with a celestial. I can't be all evil now can I?".

The proprietor seemed to accept Driel's point but the sword remained levelled at his heart.

"I interested in any armour you might have and any bladed weapons you might have."

@Diana
Lucas grinned.
"Do not think you can get anymore out of me, for i am no fool.
If this is all you wished to ask me, i have better things to do."

@Driel
"We have no bladed weapons in stock at the moment.
Clan Korckun bought everything we had at an incredibly high price, and we are awaiting new supplies soon."
Shopping List:
Cold Iron:
A metal mostly used against multiplanar beings and creatures of the night.
Breastplate: 3000 Krinar
Gauntlest: 1000 Krinar
Boots: 1000 Krinar
Shoulderpads: 1500 Krinar
Legplates: 2000 Krinar

Steel:
A strong and not too heavy metal.
Breastplate: 2000 Krinar
Gauntlest: 500 Krinar
Boots: 500 Krinar
Shoulderpads: 1000 Krinar
Legplates: 1500 Krinar

Iron:
Heavier and not as resistant as steel.
Breastplate: 1000 Krinar
Gauntlest: 300 Krinar
Boots: 300 Krinar
Shoulderpads: 500 Krinar
Legplates: 800 Krinar

Chronite:
Generally regarded as the best metal for armour.
It is light, incredibly resistant to all types of attack, including magic.
Breastplate: 10000 Krinar
Gauntlest: 5000 Krinar
Boots: 5000 Krinar
Shoulderpads: 7000 Krinar
Legplates: 8000 Krinar

All types of armour can also be bought with enchants on for 2000 Extra Krinar.
Lightweight: The armour weighs allmost nothing.
Deflection: The armour deflects all magical missile-based attacks back at the shooter.
Recuperative Aura: The armour has a recuperative aura that slowly heals all wounds near it's location. If the armour is moved, so is the recuperative effect.

Diana barely quelled a laughter.
"In that case, I bid you good luck ever finding these artifacts. Someone who knows the land like the back of her hand would be a good guide and will definitely be a terrible obstacle, should any other fools decide to try and help you in the endevour. I will see you again once you have regained your reason, or at least your decency, if you ever had one."
With these paralyzing words, Diana turns around and marches outside, leaving the gathering in an awkward silence. She marches in stoic silence towards Clan Korckun's offices.

"Well looks like we're heading else where for work now, sorry and so long for now."

Keder waves and follows Diana.

"You know we should Driel he does have a map of the underground."

Lucca lets out a laugh. "Oh this will be interesting..." he muttered, picking up the bag of voidstones by his feet. "I'll get some artefacts for you, Lucas. Can't gurantee that I will give you all of the ones I find though," Lucca said, and with a wink, vanished.

Lucca appeared at the Eldritch armory. P'nauna suspected that the drow would be there...and he was right. "Hey Driel!" Lucca said, waving through the window. "Adventure awaits! Hurry up!"

OOC:
Diana barely quelled a laughter.
"In that case, I bid you good luck ever finding these artifacts. Someone who knows the land like the back of her hand would be a good guide and will definitely be a terrible obstacle, should any other fools decide to try and help you in the endevour. I will see you again once you have regained your reason, or at least your decency, if you ever had one."
With these paralyzing words, Diana turns around and marches outside, leaving the gathering in an awkward silence. She marches in stoic silence towards Clan Korckun's offices.

2 DM Brownie Points for messing with Lucas. XD

IC:
DM: +50 Renown Points for Diana.

"Hmm... I'll take a pair of steel greaves and a pair of steel spaulders (shoulder guards) for 2500 kinnar, I would like them both to be as light as possible. Do you have vambraces rather than gauntlets?"

Turning to Lucca

"I assume you wish me to help you recover some artefacts for the Circle of swampman origin? What would be in it for me Lucca? I've helped you protect the surface world because if this place goes, so do I. Now I would want something in return for angering Clan Korckun and risking my life."

OOC:
Ehh, with "I would like them as light as possible" do you mean "Add the lightweight enchant"? :p
If so, please be more specefic when shopping. In that part of the game RP Rules dont apply.
If not, please keep it short when shopping. As said: Rp rules dont apply.

IC:
"No, sorry. Not in stock.
This is just the basic merchandise. If you want something special you will have to place a special order."

"Keder can come along if he wants to. He has my respects, but I'm not the one to go begging for assistance. If the others are still interested in working for Lucas, this'll be an interesting chase."
Diana enters the Clan Korckun's office as they arrive, and heads straight for the clerk behind the counter.
"I want to find those artifacts, and I want to find them before Lucas' lackeys. If you promise to keep them out of the hand of The Circle, I'll take up your offer to produce them. You better tell me everything you know about them, and in a hurry, if we're to have a chance against his treasure hunters."

OOC: I meant add the enchantment.

Lucca silently pointed at the general direction of the airship, and whispered to the drow.

"Not help Lucas=Lucas (very) angry=Lucas's friend Azrael angry=no more airship=you will have to stay in my place if you want a safe lodging free of annoying bar brawlers, haggling innkeepers, and thieving prostitutes."

Lucca let the horror of this sink into the drow for a few seconds.

"Alternatively you can help the Circle and earn Lucas's favor. The pay seems to be equal, and if he's really pleased, he may even get us some of his own artefacts in return. As far as I have seen so far, the Circle has ten times the better stuff."

"Oooh, are you talking about what I can do for you?"

He pulled out a voidstone from his bag and offered it to drow. "Here's the front pay, and I will hand you two more at the end of the job. Void stones are quite rare you know."

OOC: So sad seeing the team split up. :( :p

Keder sends a quick mental message to Dreil

'Greetings, I imagine Lucca is trying to get you to help the Circle, I was thinking why make powerful people angry right now, so i was going to aid Clan Seroleyus care to help?'

"Sorry Diana I've had a brainstorm on the way over here, I'll be looking for less confrontational work."

OOC:
@Vert
Consider it done. I'l add the stuff to your inventory.
EDIT: Just noticed that in your post you say "i'l take some steel greaves and steel spaulders for 800 krinar", which is the price for a pair of IRON greaves and Spaulders.
In steel, it costs 1500 Krinar.
Did you mean iron or did you just look at the wrong prices when writing it down?

IC:
@Diana
The clerk behind the counter looks very confused as Diana storms in.
"Ehh, as far as i know the artefacts have great magical properties, and we fear that Lucas is going to use them to do...
Something magical i guess. I'm not really sure. People dont usually ask ME that kind of questions."

OOC:i am a littel confused right now because i dosent know how to say because i will ratther be working for Korckun than the circel so can enywon plaese help.

Driel thinks silently at Keder, "That's not a bad idea."

"Sorry Lucca I've got some less provocative work lined up with Keder and Clan Seroleyus. Maybe another time heh?"

Driel goes running off to find Keder before Lucca can reply or just teleport him away.

OOC: I've got the right price now. 6500 all told and yes I did want steel.

Diana snorts and turns to Keder. "No, Keder, you're coming with me. I don't care about Lucas and I don't care about doing that offends him. You can turn your back and leave, but I'll let you know I'm simply dying for a good hunt. Stay."
She turns to the clerk again, though keeping Keder in eyesight.
"Anything about their precise whereabouts? Special dangers we should be ready for?", stressing the word we.

Top Bottom