1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Merijn new civs and other projects

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by merijn_v1, Jan 18, 2018.

1. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Chieftain

Can you make Varietas Delectat version of this new civs addon?

2. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

I theory, yes. But I don’t really feel like doing it honestly. Maybe with the new release.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  3. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

The existing VD module should be compatible at least, right? So the only thing missing is setting art defines for the new civs, which could reuse existing art, e.g. Arabia for Egypt etc.

4. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Sure. Although it would still require manual editing of the modular CivilizationInfos.xml. Maybe I'll do that soon. If anyone else feels like doing it, go ahead.

5. McMickeroo1

McMickeroo1 Chieftain

So I don't know anything about computers at all and the installation instructions mean absolutely nothing to me.

It says "create a back up of the mod" I don't know how to do that... I assume it just means make a copy.

It says unpack in the mods folder... Well I unpacked it in the mods folder originally and it didn't work. It wouldn't let me load up the maps. Also why do I need to create a back up if I'm just going to download the mod in the mods folder?

please explain. i'm very very dumb.

6. Leoreth

Leoreth 心の怪盗団 Moderator

Both this modmod and the original mod need to be in a folder called "RFC Dawn of Civilization" to work. If you already have the normal DoC, you need to rename its "RFC Dawn of Civilization" to something else to make space. This is what is meant by backup (you could also delete it, but then you'd have to download it again).

If it's not working after you've unpacked the folder for this modmod, it might also be because it does not have the correct name. You may need to rename it to "RFC Dawn of Civilization" first.

7. McMickeroo1

McMickeroo1 Chieftain

Ok so I copy and paste RFC Dawn of Civilization, and rename it to anything.

And then I copy Dawn-of-Civilization-AllCivs into the copied folder.

And it should work?

8. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

If you did have RFC Dawn of Civilization installed before you downloaded this mod, you need to rename the mod folder to something else. (This is because you can't have 2 folders with the same name) Then, leave that folder alone. (This is the "creating a backup" part)

Then, unpack the AllCivs mod in the BTS/Mods folder. Rename the folder of the Allcivs mod to "RFC Dawn of Civilization". Now you can play the mod as normal.

Do NOT copy the Allcivs mod into the "backuped" folder. That will not work. (And it could possibly corrupt that mod because some files get conflicted)

9. McMickeroo1

McMickeroo1 Chieftain

AAAAH I got it

10. McMickeroo1

McMickeroo1 Chieftain

Oh wait... one thing... It doesn't want to load up the 600ad map? It says it failed to read the world builder file?

11. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

12. MalayanGamer

MalayanGamer Chieftain

I really like to see Varietas Delectat addon of this. Please?

13. civcivcivcivciv

civcivcivcivciv Warlord

v1.15. is this released ?

14. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Barghash has a FLAVOR_CIVICS value of 2, yet FLAVOR_CIVICS doesn't exist.

Oh, and I submitted a pull request to update AllCivs to the latest DOC version earlier today.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  15. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

Australia's rabbits are annoying. Also, there is zero Native resistence to colonizing Australia, invasive rabbits are the only threat...

16. merijn_v1

merijn_v1 Black Belt

Merged a pull request by 1SDAN: updated to v1.16

Thanks for doing this. I did have some plans to do this myself, but I keep postponing it.

soul-breathing, suli, Leoreth and 2 others like this.
  17. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

So this is updated to the latest release of the develop now?

18. 1SDAN

1SDAN Brother Lady

Yes

19. soul-breathing

soul-breathing King

I have a suggestion about Vietnam. How about move the start year to 938ad?
    In this year there was a war between Vietnam and Southern Han Kingdom in China, and Vietnam won (Trận Bạch Đằng). It signs the independence of Vietnam from China. Before it, Vietnam is like a province of Chinese dynasty. After it, Vietnam truly became an independent kingdom.
    Maybe the UHV needs to change too? No good idea for now.

20. TJDowling

TJDowling Prince

Was just playing Vietnam earlier and it seems China gets conquerors against Vietnam around the time that Vietnam falls under the Nanyue state historically. So I think the possibility that Vietnam falls under Chinese rule is reflected. There were a few periods of temporary independence for Vietnam after 179BC and 938AD so I think it adequately reflects the difficulty China had maintaining control over that far-flung region. I think the problem with shifting the start date so dramatically is that you would probably have to revise all of the UHVs.

1SDAN likes this.