Moar Units Mod

MOAR Units Mod 1.2

Okay I am clearly doing something wrong with installation of your mod. I extract the graphics into the game folder, mod itself in game mod folder. However I am NOT seeing any unique unit for Rome, it is just a horse, nothing different. Did you not change the look yet or are you? Maybe I am blind but I don't see a difference between the normal horse and the Equite. :) (Aside from the abilities)

Does the Equite have purple arms and a Roman helmet? If so it's working. It should look like the picture in the opening post.

We had a crash in a MP game using your MOD, Gedemons Yet another map Europe map and Neirai's GP Pack 1...
What file do u need to figure out if it is your MOD?
We experienced that the pictures of the units are changing during game and also the names. After reloading the save game the problem was fixed...

You can look through the Log files within the Civ VI directory under My Documents to see if you can spot any errors, but I think it's unlikely that any crashes are due to this mod as it's not doing anything that complicated. Bear in mind the game is not that old so there are probably still quite a few stability issues - I've seen quite a number of people still reporting crashes with the vanilla game on reddit /r/civ.

The new units added are not appearing in my game, the old ones are even though I updated it and deleted all of my old data for good measure.

I'd love to see medieval naval units in the form of a Cog and a Galleas.
As well as Halberdiers for a renaissance/industrial era anti cav. (Historically, Halberdiers replaced Pikemen as more effective steel walls.)
An information era ranged unit would also be amazing. I'm not sure what would be used though.

Any of these in the works, by chance?

I'd love to see medieval naval units in the form of a Cog and a Galleas.
As well as Halberdiers for a renaissance/industrial era anti cav. (Historically, Halberdiers replaced Pikemen as more effective steel walls.)
An information era ranged unit would also be amazing. I'm not sure what would be used though.

Any of these in the works, by chance?

LAW Rockets, TOW Missiles, RPGs in general... Then you have SRM mobile platforms (trucks with missiles... ah how I need you in holiday traffic! :p ) any of those at a Range of 1 (2 for the SRMs) would work.

Until Firaxis release the mod tools allowing us to import new 3D models into the game it is not going to be possible to add new vehicles, ships, weapons, etc. All we can do until then is recombine and (sometimes) recolor the existing game models.

Thanks, Deliverator, for such a wonderful mod you have done!

Unfortunately I can't get the graphic assets working, and all units are displayed like ancient era warriors.
I copied and replaced both folders in appropiate locations and overwrited (with backup).

I have tried with both spanish (ES) and english (US) languages.
I have the last updated versions of both the mod and the game (through Steam).

Any idea of what might be causing this?
Any help would be much appreciated. Regards.

PD. Do you want somebody to translate this mod to spanish?

Unfortunately I can't get the graphic assets working, and all units are displayed like ancient era warriors.
I copied and replaced both folders in appropiate locations and overwrited (with backup).

Here is some more detail on installing the art assets. I don't why this doesn't work some people - I can only assume they're not doing some right with the installation. I'll updated the Installation Instruction in the opening post to add more info on Step 3.

3.1. Download and unzip the mod zip file.

3.2. Open the unzipped folder, you will see 2 folders inside, MOAR_Units and MOAR_Units_Assets.

3.3. Open the MOAR_Units_Assets folder, inside that folder is one called 'Base'

3.4. Copy the Base folder.

3.5. Open your your install location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common, is most likely the location.

3.6. Find your Civilization 6 folder and paste the Base folder over the existing one.

Are you ok with me using one of your units (rifleman) in a mod of my own?

Are you ok with me using one of your units (rifleman) in a mod of my own?

Yes, that's fine. I'm happy for any of this mod to be re-used.

Suggestions:
1, could you give Tercios pikes rather than halberds? As they don't use halberd in history?
2, is it possible to give the Tercio Pikemen the helm of the Tercio Musketman? That would be very cool.

1, could you give Tercios pikes rather than halberds? As they don't use halberd in history?

Should be doable. I'll try and find some pikier pikes in the cultural variations.

2, is it possible to give the Tercio Pikemen the helm of the Tercio Musketman? That would be very cool.

I wanted to do that but sadly as with many of the vanilla UUs and seemingly all Great People don't have hats/helmets that are separate attachments from the Armor.

HI Deliverator!

Did a mod spotlight on your mod. I love your mod so much and it is probably one of the more polished mods out there right now. I did a little tutorial on how to install the mod and showed off a few of the units working in game. Only problem I have had so far is the need to restart the game between loads, but hopefully that will be fixed as time goes on.

Here is the video:

I'm really enjoying the diversity this mod adds, hope it continues to grow! It will be on my watch list for sure!

- Zeus

Did a mod spotlight on your mod... I did a little tutorial on how to install the mod and showed off a few of the units working in game... Only problem I have had so far is the need to restart the game between loads, but hopefully that will be fixed as time goes on.

Very cool. Thanks a lot! :goodjob:

The installation tutorial will be useful for people who are struggling with it. Hopefully the need to reload to have the game text load properly will be fixed by a future Firaxis patch.

Yes, that's fine. I'm happy for any of this mod to be re-used.

Thank you very much, very kind. I've got everything working by copying the files in your mod, but with only 1 unit. The only, rather minor, problem I have is that the icon for the unit in the tech tree and civilopedia is very blurry. It appears fine on the map and on the city build queue. Any ideas what could be the cause? (I'm using the cossack icon and garde imperial portrait for your rifleman unit that I've renamed to Fusilier.)

Also, is your Units.artdef any different from the Vanilla? I couldn't find any changes in it.

Thank you very much, very kind. I've got everything working by copying the files in your mod, but with only 1 unit. The only, rather minor, problem I have is that the icon for the unit in the tech tree and civilopedia is very blurry. It appears fine on the map and on the city build queue. Any ideas what could be the cause? (I'm using the cossack icon and garde imperial portrait for your rifleman unit that I've renamed to Fusilier.)

Not sure what could be the cause of the bluriness I'm afraid.

Also, is your Units.artdef any different from the Vanilla? I couldn't find any changes in it.

My Units.artdef has a couple of minor changes to the vanilla one:
1) The Cavalry hats are fixed to be distinct from the ones I'm using for the Cuirassier.
2) The Hoplite cloaks are made red for fun because 300.

If you use any code comparison tool you'll be able to see what's different.

Not sure what could be the cause of the bluriness I'm afraid.

My Units.artdef has a couple of minor changes to the vanilla one:
1) The Cavalry hats are fixed to be distinct from the ones I'm using for the Cuirassier.
2) The Hoplite cloaks are made red for fun because 300.

If you use any code comparison tool you'll be able to see what's different.

Thanks for the reply, I guess I'll have to hunt for it myself...

EDIT: The mistake was adding an entry in the second block (the one with "FOW") in Icon_Units.xml. Not adding an entry there seems to make everything work.

Last edited:
EDIT: The mistake was adding an entry in the second block (the one with "FOW") in Icon_Units.xml. Not adding an entry there seems to make everything work.

Yeah, I think those FOW (Fog of War) icons might actually be needed too - I just haven't bothered setting them yet.

Top Bottom